It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Believe in Reincarnation, You Are Actually...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

What does it matter what name is used? The message is what should matter, not the messenger. I have a feeling that since you're trying to attack the messenger that means you have nothing against the message itself?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Woodcarver

What does it matter what name is used? The message is what should matter, not the messenger. I have a feeling that since you're trying to attack the messenger that means you have nothing against the message itself?
That feeling would be wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

ebrews 9:27King James Version (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

Well there goes that theory, for people who follow the Bible anyway.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Actually quite simple:

Hebrews 9:27

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment

Any questions?

Proverbs 25:26

Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.
edit on 9-4-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Actually quite simple:

Hebrews 9:27

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment

Any questions?

Proverbs 25:26

Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.

Quote the last part after, then find even one more verse. Multiple witnesses in the OP, all saying one thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think you will find that negation of the other verses is the only means to establishing the interpretation of the Hebrews 9 verse. I must use all verses to find the particularization, which the rules of the scribe demand.
edit on 9-4-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Theology is a mess of the God's egos.

This is why even they left a backdoor for their total demise...they realized a high likelihood they would believe their own B.S. and try to create other souls and refine them...while forgetting they themselves are incomplete.

They have fallen so far..they made all things into a prison which noone leaves..

But true liberation is at hand..and the real reason the human was created...a perfect combination of spirit...light...dark...and willpower to create more than was before...will finally be allowed to go to its full potential.

With or without those who forgot what they originally intended to do.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ah, ReIncarnation Milk From Dead Cows! anybody here old enough to remember that SNL "commercial"?

Rebirth, reincarnation, resurrection - what IS the point?

Here we are with 7 Billion Plus souls on the planet (unless you believe only certain people actually have souls).
Is re-birth/incarnation/surrection (I'll call this "reBoot" for short) like a remix, with a little-bit-o-this-soul and a little-bit-o-that-one OR do we get reBooted as an entire soul-entity?

How did we get 7Billion plus souls if we're all "retreads" of past lives? Was there a limit on new souls created? Do we get reBooted more than once at a time if more procreation takes place than souls available?

I just can't see a practical purpose in reBooting souls, unless there's not an infinite supply of new souls. If someone could explain the mechanics of reBooting a soul into a new body, maybe it would make some sense to me.

ganjoa
edit on 9-4-2017 by ganjoa because: 4got 2 close italics

edit on 9-4-2017 by ganjoa because: again

edit on 9-4-2017 by ganjoa because: really caps lock?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Just the fact that the bible was written by numerous writers, creates a huge question if this book is truly the word and expectations of one true God. Keep in mind, there were also books and verses removed from the bible that didn't conform to Judeo-Christian beliefs. Removing any parts of the bible certainly doesn't make it sound like it came from a loving God.

I have always had an issue with this why would an all powerful being use such fallible means to communicate an intended message. Multiple authors writing on papyrus scrolls in different time periods and languages does not seem to be the best way to get your message across if you intend to communicate a message that is clear in it's interpretation.
With each reprint and translation people can add their own stuff and interpretation or decide which books stay and which go bye bye.

I would think a being of such magnitude would use some method to communication that is impressive.

Like writing it's message on the moon in every known contemporary language with a clear intent of what is expected.

Written texts are not a very reliable way to communicate because despite claiming God as the author every thing that has been written has been penned by the hand of man.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Love is the point. How different are you from the time you are a child and the time you arrive at the end of your life? Multiply these short years by many lives. Each brings a new awareness you formally lacked. It's not the 'I' here that is the beneficiary, but the YOU that is much older above. Amnesia here is necessity to the awareness of all lives you receive later. Not just your life is remembered, but all lives that have ever lived. Think more broadly than this little self here. It's a collective work. We are all in this together.
edit on 9-4-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

##Attention please##

The topic is about the Christian perspective on reincarnation and not each other.

Complaints about members should be made via the alert system and not in posts that derail threads

Members who continue to derail threads with allegations should think twice.

As usual, please do not reply to this PSA

Thank you

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join