It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro Says Bush 'Deranged'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
During a five-hour speech to a group of teachers at an international convention in Havana, Fidel Castro stated that George Bush looks 'deranged'. He then went on to call Cuba 'heaven', claiming that Cubans would rather die in ‘heaven’ there than live in Bush's 'hell'.

In comments aired live on Cuban television, Castro told thousands of teachers attending an international pedagogy conference in Havana he closely watched Bush's inauguration speech Jan. 20 and saw "the face of a deranged person." "If only it were just the face," he said, to roars of applause by educators in the audience from 52 countries around the world.

www.cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2005/02/01/917385-ap.html

I will be the first one to admit I am not as familiar with the current situation in Cuba as I could, or should be. I do, however, know enough to think that Castro may be 'deranged'.

I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people who might disagree with his description of Cuba as 'heaven'. If Cuba is so 'heavenly', why do I never hear about people risking their lives in leaky boats escaping to Cuba, from 'hell'?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Castro is a loon. As the previous poster mentioned, Cubans
are risking death by drowning and sharks to reach America.
Hollywood may worship Castro, but as far as I'm concerned
the guy has dementia or worse.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"Deranged is as deranged does." Who doesn't think Bush is deranged? The man's administration has been compared to organized crime.

I heard he recently told a joke at a conference. It was over-heard by a reporter and later ended up being reprinted somewhere....it goes:

Bush: "My associates and I have just been planning WWIII and decided to start off by killing 140,000 Muslims and a monkey."

Bush associate: "why a monkey?"

Bush: "See, I knew no one would care about the 140,000 Muslims.

Very distasteful.....as is the Bush administration....

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
While I don't disagree with Castro's assessment of Bush, I think his comments could fall under the heading of "It takes one to know one".

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Read the thread....thought the joke Castro made was old (kind'a like the dad/son joke of the twin towers and what is a muslim dad)...same joke just changed.

But me being a Canadian.....have a different view of Cuba and in particular Castro. Canada's past priminister P. Truedo was (from what i saw) "almost" good friends with Castro. That must say something...No?

Does Cuba....not have the lowest literacy rate in the world?
Does Cuba have one of the best health care systems in the world?

Read on the net Europe was "reducing" santions etc. so that should say something 2? No?

I don't know to be honest....or what to believe on that issue...but when the tower w'r hit....one thing came to my mind Cuba, for some reason thought the US would realy clamp down on em....but also read Cuba had a huge war game there...guess t'a show Bush not to think about it.

Guess I'm trying to get other'z view always helps mine

Y'r Canadian freind Sven.
I guess' me'z sure have one of those "fancy pants" slogan's after my post....hmmm....any idea?....I thought "I don't judge...that's God's job"
Anywho...type t'a later

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
About to post a quick retort, I have noted that jezebel said in the same number of words what I had typed.

So instead....

I'm tired of the city life,
Summer's on the run,
People tell me I should stay
But I got to get my fun
So don't try to hold me back
There's nothing you can say
Snake eyes on the paradise
And we got to go today.

Chorus

Take me to the April Sun in Cuba, oh, oh, oh,
Take me where the April sun gonna treat me
So right, so right, so right.

I can almost smell the perfumed nighs
And see the starry sky
I wish you comin' with me baby
'Cause right before my eye
See Castro in the alley way
Talkin' 'bout missile love
Talkin' 'bout J.F.K.
And the way he shook him up.

Chorus

I'm tired of the city life
Summer's on the run
Birds in the winter sky
Are headin' for the sun
Oh, we can stick it out
In this cold and grey
Snake eyes on the paradise,
And we got to go today, yeah.

Chorus

Take me to the April sun,
C'mon take me, take me to the April sun,
C'mon, c'mon take me, take me to the April sun.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
While I don't disagree with Castro's assessment of Bush, I think his comments could fall under the heading of "It takes one to know one".

BINGO Though I do agree with Fidels assesment! One nut recognises another!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
An Education On Education

From the source article:
In comments aired live on Cuban television, Castro told thousands of teachers attending an international pedagogy conference in Havana he closely watched Bush's inauguration speech Jan. 20 and saw "the face of a deranged person." "If only it were just the face," he said, to roars of applause by educators in the audience from 52 countries around the world.

Interesting place for a teachers' conference.

In light of the state of education these days and the political indoctrination that has seemingly become inseparable from it, I suppose this explains a lot.

Quite a lot, indeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, my favorite subject. Seeing that i was born in Cuba, and left as a child (remembers a lot) I'm not surprised Castro is rejoycing about Bush's wars. You see, Castro, himself, was diagnosed as a "psychopath" when he was 18 years old.

We left the island when he declared himself communist and i wont bore you with the story, but it left many Cubans traumatized as a result.
I hate to see Castro happy. That SOB did so much damage he will fry in hell and the sooner the better. Its because of my feelings for him that i wish America was still "free" and the America prior to the Bush tyranny.
I can smell a tyrant, trust me. I hate Castro to be right
- Lets hope i'm wrong about Bush, then we can prove him (castro) wrong. Otherwise, Castro will be right for the first time in his life. The SOB.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Yep. One of the selection criteria for determining the host nation was that its President must be able to say "pedagogical" without tripping over.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
svenglezz,

I'm a Canuck too, so I think I get what you're saying. I have had to integrate new information into my viewpoint on this one, however. Basically, I don't live there, so I don't know what really happens. Thanks to Muaddib for being kind enough to pass on his perspective in a previous thread, and answering my dumb questions

The EU is relaxing the sactions, but that is only temporary, Fidel still needs to 'prove' himself before any decision is made.

And as for Trudeau, I'm from the West. You remember, the half of the country he (literally) gave the finger to. He had style, and that is the most positive thing I can say about him.

All that said, I won't argue the comment made about Bush. I'll only add that if you point a finger at someone, there are four more pointing at you.

Majic,

I don't know how surprised I am at a teachers conference being held there. In Canada at least, the vast majority of teachers push their agenda right in the classroom. They actually handed out brochures to parents on Parent-Teacher night, explaining that if your child was doing poorly, it was becasue of government cutbacks. Very classy, n'est pas? I think this is why we have so many young people who still insist on voting NDP.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Castro says Bush is deranged?

Hello, Pot; this is kettle!!

On the other hand, maybe there is something to the old saying about having to be one to know one, huh?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Yep. One of the selection criteria for determining the host nation was that its President must be able to say "pedagogical" without tripping over.

What difference does it make if you can say it if you are the type to have someone offed if they point it out that you can't say it?
Oh, yeah, I'm sorry; I'll not inject rationality in one of your conversations. What was I thinking?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

What difference does it make if you can say it if you are the type to have someone offed if they point it out that you can't say it?
Oh, yeah, I'm sorry; I'll not inject rationality in one of your conversations. What was I thinking?

Or if you can have masses "offed" for worshipping allah!

dh

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Castro has been a lifelong aid and abet to US Presidents
A communist, an offshore threat, a host to the USSR, a stimulus for the Northwoods project and its later generation consequences, a tourist resort for those with a sense of danger, a host, unwittingly or not, to Guantanamo
Why wouldn't he spout off about Dubya's mentality
It's his place to say what most people with the slightest perception know about George Jr
Demonises 'em further
I think he did promote widespread use of organic methods of agriculture in Cuba, after the fall of the Soviet Union which is rather commendable

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I actually think that Castro has mellowed with time, like a good wine, or box of cheap wine, in this case...
I have to say that some of the reason that cuba turned to communism is the CIA's fault... they were rather involved and if i remember correctly faulted on some promises... and so Cuba went to the next highest bidder...

And it has been a bad deal since...

But the Wacky ol' bird, just might be getting more sane, with comments like this one...

he has made some great strides that have given me hope that I will see a democratic cuba before long... or at least a democratically elected leader (then managed communist style)
good luck to Cuba, and a small Kudos for the little crazy man in Havana.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

They're both nuts.

top topics

join