It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of The Devil's Bridge. The reason behind bizarre Gotthard Base Tunnel opening ceremony.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: UnBreakable

No, not quite, if you understand the true meaning of that ritual and why Christ must be apportioned out as food and drink, and who lost a lot of his followers when he told them as much.

But maybe they take it a little too far with the idea of the transubstantiation of the Eucharist, which isn't necessary to get the gist of the ritual that he introduced at the last supper.

That is a remembrance of His necessary sacrifice born of love.

There's certainly no need to snarl and bear teeth at it.

That is assuming Christ even existed, and he actually said as much. But the Bible, which was written by man, says so, so it must be true. The Enquirer is also written by man, so it must be true also.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hey thank you! You may be right. A star for you.

I still wonder about this segment however

www.youtube.com...

and the 3 Scarab beetles, isn't that from Egyptian symbology representing resurrection?

My sense is that we're both right. That it has those elements you refer to, but with a layering on of what might be thought of as a type of Satanic ritual and symbolism, which indeed does have something to do with the Devil's Bridge myth/legend and that is also making use of the symbolism inherent in the thing itself (longest, deepest tunnel through a mountain) and the opening of a gateway to a new world.

edit on 9-4-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

That is assuming Christ even existed, and he actually said as much. But the Bible, which was written by man, says so, so it must be true. The Enquirer is also written by man, so it must be true also.

I used to think exactly like you, as part of a phase I'd describe as a sort of teenage rebellious angst and ambivalence towards all things "religious" and in particular as they might relate to Christianity (what I call Churchianity) &/or the Bible.

But then, in my quest and pursuit of meaning and purpose, I became willing to take another look and make a new inquiry with an open mind that was free of any sort of apriori presupposition and contemptuous bias, prior to investigation.

And in the process, something became clear to me, that in the person and story of Jesus there's a confluence where myth, legend, history, and the nature of what Joseph Campbell describes as the Hero's Journey, all intersect, and through that contextual criticism and careful evaluation, with discernment, I began to try to see things from Jesus' point of view in sympathy for "the plight" and what might be thought of as a fated wedge of sorrow and suffering unto it's resolution according to a transcendent love which never fails and that never dies rising triumphant in the resurrected life on the other side of the ordeal and the tomb.

In other words, that he was also acting out the ancient rituals, including that of the Egyptians, while summing it all up in Himself at the place where freedom and superdeterminism also intersect ie: that he was born for a particular reason and purpose that was also framed by the divine, cosmological order. (think Jewish lunar calendar)

By taking a stand on behalf of us all, he demonstrated that even in his breaking or being broken for us, that He was in fact, unbreakable.

It was a matter of someone among us taking on the whole weight and load who alone could carry it without for a moment losing everything that's worth living for and as needed, even dying for, to hold it in reserve for those with the capacity to really love and to recognize in Him, a love that never fails and a light that never goes out.

Be blessed (not blessed be),

Ankh

edit on 9-4-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This has been an interesting thread. Thank you whoever participated or read it.

I think it revealed an aspect not merely of Swiss or Alpine culture, but another allegory and one which only betrays an otherwise usually hidden agenda, but one which whether hidden or obscure and occult, or rendered as plain as day, in either case represent a losing proposition in terms of what we honor as a people, whether individually or collectively or in terms of a national or international frame of reference.

As least they didn't have the Pied Piper playing a flute and leading small children into a long dark tunnel into the mountain.

I think it was a missed opportunity to highlight a great achievement and the opening of a new world founded on universal principals of civility, and mutuality and love.

So I say that it bombed, while making a lot of people sit up and take notice of something that is just so yesterday (Satanism) anyway. It's really got to go, enough's enough.

God watches over all creation, and I doubt that little spectacle was a pleasant thing to watch.

More sad and pathetic than anything else. It certainly didn't scare me.

So I say that the devil got punk'd again, by taking center stage.. lol

Oh well what can ya do?

Best regards,

Ankh

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join