It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we survive the Trump presidency

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
With US aircraft carrier-led strike group headed toward Korean Peninsula right now you can watch the "Day After" to get a good idea what is about to happen. This movie, The Day After (1983), will scare the living Shiite out of you and give you nightmares:

www.youtube.com...

For short taste of it, just watch the 15 minutes leading up to the 50th minute.

John Lithgow was great in the 39th minute.

I like the gal buying the paper towels in the 43th minute. What was she thinking???

I like the couple going upstairs in the 44th minute.

The 45th minute the girl finds out there's going to be a nuclear war on her wedding day. Not a good start.

Around the 50th minute is when the real freak out begins.

The housewife in the 51st minute reminds me of my mother when I was growing up. That is exactly how my mother would react. Angry and in denial.

The 58th minute says it all.

The 59th minute. The end.

This is amazing commentary on The Day After:

www.youtube.com...

Buckley's comment in the 14th minute is priceless. And Kissinger's response is very Jewish. When you listen to Robert McNamara talk it makes me think how much today's politicians are like characters from the movie Idiocracy.

Will we survive the Trump presidency?

edit on 8-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Will we survive the Trump presidency?

No.

We're all doomed.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I think the Xtians who voted for him at 80% wanted to tear down the world. Because they will get raptured out of here and sent back to a new earth. With cults like that controlling the congress, presidency, the judiciary, no, I think the US is done without intervention. Divine intervention would be nice.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

We somehow survived the cold war. I don't really know how that happened. Luck. Divine intervention. Built-in survival in our DNA. I surely don't know.

We did survive it.

Could happen again.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

A portion of America elected a silver spoon sexual assaulting thin skinned reality tv personality as their president, what could possibly go wrong?
edit on 8-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't know, but I'm glad I never had children to witness this particular brand of BS.

Those of you with kids...hold them tight.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It's looking like a heck of a ride for the USA if all the buzz about the US "invading" Syria via Jordan tonight is actually true.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

A portion of America elected a silver spoon sexual assaulting thin skinned reality tv personality as their president, what could possibly go wrong?

We could have ended up with that woman who supports and enables all those qualities in her husband, so either way you will be doomed

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I don't know, but I'm glad I never had children to witness this particular brand of BS.

I got the message after this election. No one cares about our kids or the future. Only when they are in utero.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Trump is a cockroach along with his family
He represents the NeoCon Globalists at this countries expense

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

No, those who vote Republican could have given America a better choice than Donald Trump. Screw Hillary, but FFFF Donald Trump.

Jesus, conservatives were conned by a con man. Of all the Republican choices these people gave us Trump. Thanks guys....

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I think the Xtians who voted for him at 80% wanted to tear down the world. Because they will get raptured out of here and sent back to a new earth. With cults like that controlling the congress, presidency, the judiciary, no, I think the US is done without intervention. Divine intervention would be nice.

Sounds like you are a BIGOT against Christians!

BTW? I voted for Trump and don't believe in God!

So much for tolerance?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

originally posted by: olaru12

I got the message after this election. No one cares about our kids or the future. Only when they are in utero.

They never cared about this country!
They only care about their cronies and the top 1%
If a war ever starts, I will be cheering the lesser evil and it will not elite in this country
They have made it their mission to profit off of the people in this country by trading with Communist China to make an extra buck
edit on 8-4-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
oh course we will survive until 2025 at least. It is not necessary to over dramatize what happened this week. Everything will be fine.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think we'll survive but things will never be the same after Trump. I think the US is about to lose its status as the reserve currency as a result of Trump's missteps when it comes to Russia and China.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

If you have ever read Matt, Mark, Luke, and John, you would know there are no Christians. Now they are wolves in sheeps clothing, stalking and meddling in other countries and private lives.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Only someone who knows the future can answer yes or no.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Oh c'mon now. It didn't matter who won. We've been doomed to fail since the signing of the declaration of independence. Circle of life my friends. It is what is. Surly there's a lot we can do about this. But life has become a tv show. We all look to our screens for the information we need. We know exactly what we need to do. For its writen on the declaration of independence. None of use has the strength or the will to do what is right. We all want someone else to do it for us. And that's our problem. We all look to someone else. The fact is. There's only us and we really don't mind going down the toilet. Just look. We really don't give a # at all. We will just continue to sit behind our screens and watch go into nothingness and whine the whole time "How did it get this bad!"

I'll answer. "We just let it."

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I think we'll survive but things will never be the same after Trump. I think the US is about to lose its status as the reserve currency as a result of Trump's missteps when it comes to Russia and China.

I actually vote for a win for other countries.
North Korea may be an evil country, but this country we live in and its leadership far surpasses what North Korea is doing.
North Korea does not have 100 bases around the world threatening their neighbors.
Let me park some war equipment outside peoples doors and see if people would get defensive?

We meddle in everyone else's business and threaten everyone and then wonder why they threaten us
Fortunately, Americans can not be blamed for it since it involves a very small fraction of Americans

People say we can be blamed, but like in the 19th century, the president ordered the military to attack the protesters

We may have permission to hae guns, but we need permission to have smart bombs, nukes and f35 aircracft
www.upworthy.com...

“The preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy."

If there's one thing that still reliably gets politicians' attention, it's money. While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a "statistically non-significant impact," Gilens and Page found that economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence.

edit on 8-4-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join