It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasure Hunting with Trueman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
By the middle of February I started this little new adventure, and I celebrated it with this thread

That cheap detector did a great job, used mostly on weekends for a few hours, I've been able to start a nice little collection, wheat pennies and other coins and also some items that I have no clue at all what they are. Maybe you can help me with that?

Here some photos.

I just love doing this so much that I took the decision to go pro. I got this week a Teknetics T2 Classic. That machine is freaking awesome and I started using it this weekend. Oh man...., it's like Christmas again.
edit on 8-4-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe you have a somniferating-excremeditator hack-screw from an old turbo-discombobulator.
It could be valuable if you find the right collector.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Awesome finds!

That seems like a rewarding hobby. I think I know what I'm getting my parents for Xmas next year. The take long walks around the property in the spring summer and fall.

Those top two dog tags are cool. Having two separated holes, for some reason I picture a farmer using bailing twine to secure them.... I'm sorry I can't help you identify any of your unknowns but I thank you for this fun thread.

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 8-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
O man! What fun treasures!

Love the token and tags and , wow- buffalo nickel! I would have a blast with one of those things.
What are the names on the tags? The top two look like old halter plates. (for horses)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I believe you have a somniferating-excremeditator hack-screw from an old turbo-discombobulator.
It could be valuable if you find the right collector.

I knew it !!!

Ancient Alien Technology ! ......we finally got the evidence !

Got some more here !

edit on 9-4-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

Awesome finds!

That seems like a rewarding hobby. I think I know what I'm getting my parents for Xmas next year. The take long walks around the property in the spring summer and fall.

Those top two dog tags are cool. Having two separated holes, for some reason I picture a farmer using bailing twine to secure them.... I'm sorry I can't help you identify any of your unknowns but I thank you for this fun thread.

Respectfully,
~meathead

Yes, it is so rewarding, I hope you get your metal detector soon and post pics of your treasures.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
O man! What fun treasures!

Love the token and tags and , wow- buffalo nickel! I would have a blast with one of those things.
What are the names on the tags? The top two look like old halter plates. (for horses)

Yeah, those dog tags are awesome, I hope I find more

Here is the info about the tags starting with the first on top :

1. NJ 2002 - West Orange - 0291.
2. N. J. - 1986 -Town of Kearny - 1574.
3. Phoebe. (It has a phone number, should I call?).

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Are we neighbors?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nice finds!!! As I coin collector, I cant wait until I can afford a metal detector!!!
The 1917, an 1928 pennies have the potential to be valuable depending on the condition and mint marks.
If the 1917 cent happens to be a Double Die (a mint error), it has the potential to be worth $20,000+ depending on condition. Heres a link to a site showing you what to look for:doubleddie.com...

For testing metal content like the 'silver?', theres a small acid test you can get on Amazon for 20-30 bucks. Theres also one that can tell your gold content 10k, 14k, etc.
Keep us posted with your finds!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Are we neighbors?

We both in NJ. I'm Newark. You?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

West Orange.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I just came back from the place in West Orange where I found one of the dog tags, a quick visit before lunch and I found something very interesting, is not made of metal, actually rock but no way is natural. Got to be manmade, check this out :

the other face :

It's about the size of a brick, heavy and the metal detector didn't catch it. I spotted with naked eyes and I left it in a place where nobody can find it until I come back.

The only tribe that I know was around there is the Lenape. Could it be?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

West Orange.

Oh man, you got to check my previous post. That's in your area.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Sounds like you were at South Mountain.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Sounds like you were at South Mountain.

I was there last week. I didn't find too much there but I found that creepy abandoned paper mill by the river.

That semi-destroyed bridge was an invitation to the world of the spirits that I refused. So dangerous.

But no, I found that object by Eagle Rock.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Cool finds OP you got some treasures​, hope you find more, i was thinking of using my uncles metal detector for fun and see if i could find anything.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Cool finds OP you got some treasures​, hope you find more, i was thinking of using my uncles metal detector for fun and see if i could find anything.

Go get your uncle's metal detector and start uncovering history.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

Go get your uncle's metal detector and start uncovering history.

Think i will, hopefully i'll find something interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

This looks like a plug for a aluminum boat to me. Was it found near any water?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Maybe you are close. Looks like those things on the edge of the boats that sailors use to tie the ropes.

But it was found in a park where boats are not permitted and the water is not deep or good for navigate.

top topics

join