It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Sky: The Lightning Scarred Planet, Mars (Full Documentary)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

a law that says that denser matter goes down and less dense matter goes up

Define "down" and "up" ?

What is above the "up" and what is below the "down", how far does this "up" and "down" go?

And what is the density middle point of this law ? why do things lighter than rocks not float up and away, and why does rain fall ? Clouds are made of molecule sized water droplets, those are pretty light, lighter than some gasses. How come they only go so far up? and don't get sucked into space?

edit on 11-4-2017 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

tell me where the initial single point for the big bang theory originates, who created the sacred geometry patterns that all life follows and i won't question you.

Not interested in gravity any more?

You see hallucinogens are considered drugs to people who don't realize...

Taking drugs is cool. Being taken in by drugs is not.

Silly me for questioning these things right?

You aren't questioning anything. You have all the answers already.

Anyway, I'm curious now. How do you define a force?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Triggernometry

Oh it's going to be about semantics?

No, you silly fellow. It's going to be about physics.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Anyhoo, now you all know what it's like debating with EU supporters. They can go on and on until Jehovah's Whitnesses come home.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

Gravity is weak. It is not strong enough to make the atmosphere cling to the planet, but NOT strong enough to overcome any motion in that gas with enough energy to overcome the weak gravitational

No it is not strong enough to make the atmosphere cling to the planet. I just showed you. It is not even strong enough to keep air from flowing into a vacuum at surface level where it is the strongest.

You didn't explain this. It can't be explained.

Oh, I am very, very sorry that i interfered. I failed to see the big sign that said "other posters not allowed". But dont worry! I shall continue to interfere

Did you miss the context of that comment? The other guy was claiming that I was hoping to talk to "lesser gods", I just pointed out that my question was directed at him alone.

You are obviously allowed to post and I obviously responded to you.

HA HA! that isn't what he said, at all

What did he say then? He obviously was not giving you a compliment.

someone whose own ideas about gravity are sound but who lacks the technical knowledge, or perhaps merely the argumentative experience, to refute your conclusions.

He literally said you weren't able to refute my arguments.

edit on 11-4-2017 by Triggernometry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

A helium balloon rises because the air around it "flows" down and to the bottom of it, thus pushing the balloon up. Again, due to pressure difference.

The air flows down into the higher pressure area, and this pushes the balloon up? I thought the official explanation was that the higher pressure at the bottom of the balloon was pushing it up?

So which is it, is air of lower pressure flowing down into a higher pressure area, or is the higher pressure air moving up into the lower pressure air?

Or, in other words, is lower density air sinking into higher denisty air, or is higher density air moving up into lower density air?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Ok, so explain the two arguments I posted which at this point still remain unexplained.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triggernometry

Ok, so explain the two arguments I posted which at this point still remain unexplained.

Only in your mind, because at this point I don't think you are willing to consider anything that you don't already believe

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I lost my login data so I had to make a new account. I hope this is not a problem.

Imagine a huge vacuum chamber on the suface of the Earth. In the middle of this vacuum chamber is an air tight room with a valve in the roof. The valve is closed and the room is filled with air.

Then the air is sucked out of the vacuum chamber.

So now we have a room filled with "atmosphere" surrounded by a vacuum.

The hypothetical gravity is pulling down on this "atmosphere". Since the chamber is on the surface, there is no place above the Earth where gravity is stronger.

We now open the valve of the room. We all know what happens.

The air is "sucked" out into the vacuum.

Conclusion, gravity is not strong enough to keep the atmosphere from flowing into the vacuum of space. I don't see a way out of this.

You didn't explain it. What is the difference between the setup of this experiment and Earth's atmosphere and the vacuum of space?

Anyways, stop responding to me then. I would rather talk to Astyanax because I know he will at least recognise my arguments.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

again! you argue how pressure works, then confirm how pressure works in the same statement!

The only way air pressure is pushing something up is because air particles are moving in that direction. The only way force is being transferred is because particles are pushing against particles.

Wind is due to a pressure gradient. Are you going to tell me that air particles pushing against the sail of a ship making it move into the direction of the low pressure, are not moving in said direction?

This is the other argument. Completely ignored.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

how about you answer my question, at the top of this page?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No, there are two prior arguments that haven't been explained. First things first.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Anyways, stop responding to me then. I would rather talk to Astyanax because I know he will at least recognise my arguments.

Don't rush to conclusions.

Still hoping to hear from you: what is a force?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No, there are two prior arguments that haven't been explained. First things first.

Well, it has been explained. perhaps not to your satisfaction, but explanations have been given. effort was made. Your turn.....or is it because you can't answer it?

Looking back over your posts you have not offered one shred of an explanation for anything you have been claiming or putting forward.....yet

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I already told you what I was talking about. Why don't you respond to the arguments I posted.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No, you just posted some random drivel in response to one of the arguments. You completely ignored the other.

In order to refute this,

Imagine a huge vacuum chamber on the suface of the Earth. In the middle of this vacuum chamber is an air tight room with a valve in the roof. The valve is closed and the room is filled with air. Then the air is sucked out of the vacuum chamber. So now we have a room filled with "atmosphere" surrounded by a vacuum. The hypothetical gravity is pulling down on this "atmosphere". Since the chamber is on the surface, there is no place above the Earth where gravity is stronger. We now open the valve of the room. We all know what happens. The air is "sucked" out into the vacuum. Conclusion, gravity is not strong enough to keep the atmosphere from flowing into the vacuum of space. I don't see a way out of this.

you have to show that there is a significant difference between the situation in this experiment and the Earth's atmosphere surrounded by the vacuum of space.

I am not going off on another sub discussion that will bury the points I wanted to discuss, at this point.

Looking back over your posts you have not offered one shred of an explanation for anything you have been claiming or putting forward.....yet

I was basically asking for explanations. The fact that noone is able to explain these things is what backs up my statements.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So which is it, is air of lower pressure flowing down into a higher pressure area, or is the higher pressure air moving up into the lower pressure air?

Apologies, I formulated my own answer before looking at the accepted explanation. Here it is:

Archimedes’ Principle:
When a body is fully or partially submerged in a fluid, a buoyant force from the surrounding fluid acts on the body. The force is directed upwards and has a magnitude equal to the weight of the fluid that has been displaced by the body.

(Fundamentals of Physics 6th ed, Halliday, Resnick & Walker p. 330)

Air is a fluid too. In other words, the air displaced by a helium balloon is heavier than the helium balloon itself, and thus there is a net upward force.

~~~

As for the air escaping from a room in a vacuum chamber (and again this is my own interpretation), it escapes because the ratio of air pressure to the mass of air in that room, is much greater than the ratio of the whole earth's atmosphere to its pressure. If we take Saturn's moon Titan for a different example, its small gravity means Titan's atmosphere could expand much further out into space (stratosphere reaching up to 300 km, and haze layers reaching to 600 km), but still its gravity keeps the atmosphere from escaping into space.
edit on 11-4-2017 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I am not going off on another sub discussion that will bury the points I wanted to discuss, at this point.

Of course not, Flat Earthers never do, once the hard questions get asked.

I was basically asking for explanations

Multiple people have given them

The fact that noone is able to explain these things is what backs up my statements

Only according to you

I will give you credit for your entertainment value though. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

As for the air escaping from a room in a vacuum chamber (and again this is my own interpretation), it escapes because the ratio of air pressure to the mass of air in that room, is much greater than the ratio of the whole earth's atmosphere to its pressure.

Why? I would say that the ratio of vacuum opposed to pressurised air is much greater with the vacuum of space.

And why does it matter? Air will flow into a vacuum as long as there is a pressure differential. Especially with gravity getting weaker the higher you go.

There is no difference between this experiment and Earth's atmosphere surrounded by the vacuum of space.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Multiple people have given them

So far Wildespace is the only one who made an attempt.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join