It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guccifer Names "Seth" as DNC Leaker/Whistleblower

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I cant read the writings, can you tell me in another way?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: Boadicea

How and why would Seth Rich contact Guccifer in the first place?

Is this a trick question? Because I certainly don't know for sure. But the obvious answer is that he had information he wanted to get out...

If Rich decided to "out" Clinton...

Since no emails to or from Hillary were released, it would seem that Clinton was not the one he was trying to "out."

...and her cabal, weren't there a lot easier routes to take?

I don't know... are there? Who would he go to? The mainstream media? The FBI? If they're all as corrupt as it seems, why would he trust the "easier routes?" And given the circumstances of his death, it would seem that if he is the leaker, then it would also seem that the "easier routes" would have also been an "easier route" for him to be found out and eliminated as a threat.

Going directly to Wikileaks seems like a start.

Why would that be better? And how would Rich necessarily know that?

Or he could've gone to one of her opponents in the election.

Maybe he knew something about her opponents that we don't... Maybe he knew that they couldn't do anything about it either... or wouldn't... Maybe he didn't want to put them in the same dangerous situation...

Why in hell would Guccifer then divulge this to some unknown actress via Twitter?

Please... men tell women lots of things that aren't true for lots of reasons... and one reason in particular.

I call BS. None of this makes the slightest sense and is probably a publicity stunt on behalf of this actress.

Okay... you call BS. But I gotta say your reasons make no more sense to me than this makes to you!

And in the final analysis, neither of us knows much at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

First, my apologies for not seeing your thread before I posted. I looked! But obviously failed miserably.

Second, thanks for the rundown on what you found. I'll check out your thread as well.

Finally, I really hope you're wrong about Wikileaks and/or Guccifer 2 exploiting his death for a political vendetta... but I can't rule it out either. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Does Guccifer count as a credible source when he is at the center of it all???

Assuming the trump Russia stuff is true, and guccifer is a russian agent wouldn't he say exactly that?!?

Yeah, seriously...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: marg6043

It was rumors for a while before the Trump/Russia link that all the DNC leaks were indeed from within their ranks, but that was dismissed in favor of juicier news like a Russian hacking.

Yes, it sure was... I just added this link to the Russiagate/Spygate thread.

But remember, Guccifer is reputed to be Russian, which fulfills that Russian collusion meme, so this doesn't negate that narrative necessarily.

I don't think there was ever positive proof that Guccifer 2.0 was actually Russian. He could not speak the language well, and stated many times that he was not Russian.

There was some "intelligence" that stated that he was. They seemed to base it on IP's. It is common for hackers to spoof IP or cover themselves by hopping around to hide their tracks. I wonder if the Russian government would be so careless as to use obvious Russian IPs if they were attempting to hack the US government. I also wonder if our "intelligence" that came to this determination were Obama/Clinton devotees.

one source

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I don't think there was ever positive proof that Guccifer 2.0 was actually Russian. He could not speak the language well, and stated many times that he was not Russian.

There was some "intelligence" that stated that he was. They seemed to base it on IP's.

Thank you for clarifying that -- much appreciated!

It is common for hackers to spoof IP or cover themselves by hopping around to hide their tracks. I wonder if the Russian government would be so careless as to use obvious Russian IPs if they were attempting to hack the US government.

Hard to believe they'd be so sloppy, eh? One of the many reasons I doubt that narrative. IPs mean nothing when we also know they can be hidden and disguised and re-routed, etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

Oh my, thanks soo much for that link and the very nice put together interview, you are good at keeping up with the time line. funny how we forget about things because the media concentrate on the issues they want us to concentrate.

Is not doubt in my mind that is not such thing as a collusion and that even if Russia tried to manage to do something about our elections is nothing different that what they had done or tried to do to any other country of interest.

Our political system is very good, what is easily manipulated is public opinion, but that is something that our own government, corporations, spying agencies and political candidates do all the time, nothing new really.

Our news media hack on our public opinion everyday.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Actually after the hackings from wikileaks of our spying agencies, right now is a big campaign to tag everything to Russia.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Exactly.

I have no doubt that they saw Russian IP's in their logs. I see Russian IP's in our logs every day. But just because Russian IP's are accessing or attempting to access their system does not mean that they are the source of the leaks. I am very certain they have IPs from many other countries attempting to access their systems as well.

Seth Rich had access to their computer systems. If he collected the information for the reasons detailed in the noted previous threads, he might have made multiple copies for security.

He might have given a copy to someone else just in case something happened to him.
That person might have become frightened when Rich was killed, and decided to send it anonymously to WikiLeaks with the understanding that his ID would not be revealed.

The source might have created the Guccifer 2.0 persona to cover themselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The whole Russian thing stemmed from the Crowdstrike company saying it was a Russian hack, but after Wiki released Vault 7, we found out that the tools exist to make anyone look like they could have hacked it and computer forensics has got a whole lot harder.

Putin when asked if Russia had hacked the DNC angrily replied 'Read my lips,NO!'

Also don't forget those Servers have never been examined by forensics as the DNC refused to give them up.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

He was Killaried?!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

He was Killaried?!

LOL -- some would say so!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

blaming a dead bloke who cannot refute the claims [if false] is not exactly an origional gambit

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

When Assange was asked if Seth Richards was the leaker he was nodding his head up and down and said they didn't reveal their sources - Assange definitely implied it was him.

Guccifer is a Romanian group of hackers from what we have seen so far.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

blaming a dead bloke who cannot refute the claims [if false] is not exactly an origional gambit

Very true...dead men tell no tales. Neither one way nor another. And too many men will say anything and everything in intimate conversations with women if they think it will get them what they want. (Not exactly an original gambit either!)

It is what it is. Nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oxford

Thanks for chiming in... much appreciated! I don't have anything to add to your insight -- except stars!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Now why would a hacker try to hang blame on someone else ...

Hmmm.

Hmmm....

Hmmmm.........

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why would a hacker give credit to someone else?
Hmmmm

Edit: sorry, I meant the most epic hack in the history of hacks ever. Like we learned about Culinary Gate, Satanic Worshipping (Sacrificing Chickens to Moloch)... Pay to play... Like stuff we've always been laughed at for thinking, were called conspiracy theorists, but were of course vindicated.
edit on 11-4-2017 by WhyDidIJoin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join