It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember "The day after"???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
"By Dawns Early Light" seems more likely I think.
A series of unlinked 'accidents' end up putting a complete nutbag like McCain or Pelosi as Cmdr in Chief and well, you can guess the rest. Neat movie too.

Theres another good one but damned if I cant remember the title ?
Gregory Pecks a sub cmdr in Australia when the big boom happens and he goes to the USA to see whats left. The Morse Code scene is spooky and worth watching by itself.

List of 'best' aramgeddon movies ?
Just not the Bruce Willis schlock please.....

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
a reply to: glend

The financial sector would be hamstrung for a few weeks at most.

All vital functions would be shifted to Colorado or California.

The internet would likely be "commandeered" until trading could be normalized at its new physical location.

Actually they have a back up in place in a hardened bunker somewhere outside of NY that is updated every hour. in th eevent of a attack the trading is frozen and a paper print out of where the market stopped is produced. its also backed up on HD.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ClydeBuilt

"On the Beach"

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.cvltnation.com...

Heres a link to watch "THREADS".
edit on 4 9 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: Editing is so much fun

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I was in elementary when it came out. Freaked me out. Was worried and scared for a good month maybe.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: glend
/a reply to: Bhadhidar

If exploded at wall street, it would wipe out the economic heart of the US, crippling the financial sector for years.

Yet something so easy to exploit in order to wipe out the economic heart of the US has never taken place.

It's okay I bet you are one of those people that also thinks a successful invasion of the Mainland US is also possible tactically, logistically or even logically.

And you would loose that bet.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Itll be more like a mish mash of A Boy and His Dog and The Road... we'll all wage war with each other and push grocery carts full of crap no one can use that we've scavenged from our bloody and danger filled journeys to find a can of peas or peaches to sustain our tribe for ONE MORE DAY.

Sorry, just got back from Walmart... visions of anarchy are still fresh in my mind. The horror of it all.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I don't think movies come close to the horror of it unfortunately. If you manage to survive the initial attack, you will have to contend with lethal airborne radiation both from fallout and the meltdown of multiple nuclear powerplants severely damaged by the nearby cities being hit. That and toxic smoke from almost everything burning for weeks on end. Food and water contaminated. I doubt almost anyone in the northern hemisphere will survive it.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If you watch the movie, all you have to do is when they say East Germany and West Germany, just replace it in your mind with North Korea and South Korea.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Threads...

As others have said this movie left me totally in a grim mood for days. The Day After is a featherweight movie compared to Threads.

YouTube has the full movie if you want to get depressed.

I can't imagine how the Brits felt when this movie hit the airwaves.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is in my library. Years ago, watching the Day After, I was
struck by the realism it offered, for a lowly TV movie.

Three airbursts over OKC just hinted at the mass destruction,
yet the survivors bucked up and most tried to make do with
the nuclear winter situation. I liked John Lithgow, Jason
Robards and Steve Guttenberg in it.

Nuke bursts can be controlled, the force directed in a specific way.

a reply to: Terminal1

edit on 12-4-2017 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join