It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I haven't participated on here a bunch. I don't like confrontation, and I have a hard time not taking things personally. However, I think that is changing. I'm not sure why, but I feel so much more comfortable with my "self" than I have ever before.

That being said, one of the reasons I joined here was to form connections. I am a stay at home mom, I have 4 children, 3 are in school and the youngest is a baby. I spend my days tending to a very demanding little boy (whom I adore, despite his demands), trying to stay on top of chores (usually unsuccessfully), listening to podcasts and cooking. I need more connections with other adults. I am starved for it! I have a small handful of friends in the "real" world that I really click with, but they have packed lives, just like the rest of us.

I don't know if I was out of touch with myself as a youth, but I feel like connections have become much harder to make.

So, if anyone wants to make a friend in me, I down

edit on 8-4-2017 by chelsdh because: Misspelling

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would love to 'friend' you.....seriously, I've never done it, and I don't know how. But, from one woman to another (although my kids are grown and live in other states), consider me a friend.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

I think we just start conversing, telling each other about ourselves and asking questions of each other. Isn't that how it's done? Lol!

It shouldn't be so difficult, but I'm learning that things worth having often take work.

Thanks, friend

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I know 3xactly how you feel. Sometimes I really nice to talk to other adults. My youngest has just started school so I am free during my day, free to find some payed work that allows me to take my kids to school and to pick them up, it's hard to find a job that allows those times. It's not safe for my kids to walk to school, there has been so many abductions and attempted abductions lately. I too have a few friends who are to busy for me and who live a bit far from me as I don't have a car I have lost touch.

I feel for you and would love to be your buddy even if we live in different time lines , we can do real talk or potty talk.

I too hate confrontation and usually take the path of least resistance. Anyways catch you around the boards.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

You calling us confrontational!!! Huh!!! Well let me tell you something buddy!!!!!

Lol, welcome to the party friend

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Welcome!

You should check out the thread"the shed"
Its Choc full of kind hearted souls choosing to back float down the river of life together ..you are sure to make a friend and at the very least read a good story..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

"I myself.... am strange and unusual"

Good, you qualify as someone who I can be friends with. I'm happy to call many members of ATS friends as we seem to be of like minds.

Nice to find you here.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
OMG me me me me.

Be my friend!

I always thought you were lovely, in spirit.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Same here... I'm super isolated from society. It's emotionally painful an I need friends.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
My problem isn't that I am isolated from society, I have a lot of friends at work and interact with people. But at the end of the day we all get in our cars and trucks and drive an hour or more in all directions.

In the 28 years I have been in the trade I have been to I think 4 co-workers homes.

I enjoy my quiet time at home for sure but wish I had a few local friends.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
looks like all of us are craving a little more companionship

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yeah I have no idea how a woman in your situation would be able to meet people. One kid and stay at home Mom is a full time job. Four? Pfft. I'm assuming you're around 30 or older.

It's hard making and keeping friends as you get older. The friends you used to have move away, some get married, some have kids or are starting careers.

I'm a 31 yo dude, was single for around a year, no kids, and was feeling like my friend list was dwindling. I've made a few new friends, but I had the time to actually do stuff. I met a dude at my boxing gym and we became good friends. Met a girl at the bar and we started hanging out. Met another girl I became friends with at the dog park. So I'm still way down from 5 years ago, but the friends you make when you're older seem to be better.

Met my girlfriend pretty recently. She's my best friend now, sounds kinda lame but there you go. I'm all smitten. We dropped by a place the other night after our dinner date on the way home to buy some board games, and were laughing that it was so hard to find a 2 player. She joked that we needed to have kids so we had someone to hang out with.

Don't be shy or worry about what people say online. Especially not here. I'm kind of a jackass and have made friends on ATS. Good people. You sound sweet, so I'm sure you'll make some fast friends. I'll beat up anyone who is mean to you.

I think you might really enjoy interacting with people in the Food and Cooking forum.

Wish you the best!

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I would love to be your digital friend

I have formed connections here and some are very very deep. They ebb and flow but, we always seem to come back.
We are the same in a lot of ways and different in so many others but, isn't that part of the beauty of individuality? I'm not close with my family anymore and I've gone through a 'rough' patch since the first of the year. I have a few friends that I am very tight with and can talk about anything but, the rest of my social group has found themselves wading through my struggles and haven't decided where (if anywhere) they fit in my life again, I am patient...I'll be here when they're ready/or they figure it out.

My youngest daughter is 16 and has spoken with her student advisor regarding her junior year schedule. She will be graduating early (Dec 2018) and I am looking forward to our new chapters and new adventures.

Perhaps in your area you could locate other parents who may enjoy cooking and such and spend some time together during the day? I don't know where you live but, here, Spring has sprung and there's the parks and our local library has daily events be it music or readings or what have you.
Maybe google local 'groups' of some sort?

Just throwing some ideas out there.
From what I've read of you around the board, I don't imagine you will have difficulty finding folks to hang out with or converse with regularly so good luck to you. I'm only ever a PM away if you want to chat.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I need more connections with other adults.

Would you settle for someone who occasionally acts like an adult?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You really don't get to get out. Wow. Well, I'll be your friend.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: FissionSurplus

I think we just start conversing, telling each other about ourselves and asking questions of each other. Isn't that how it's done? Lol!

It shouldn't be so difficult, but I'm learning that things worth having often take work.

Thanks, friend

Just stick to the human interest threads. People who might take your head off anywhere else are pretty chill there. Find your feet there first and then take a walk on the more controversial side if your opinionated self wants to snark some.

But once people get to know you, they may give as they get there, but they generally aren't going to hold it against you most other places. I know I won't and generally don't.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LMao yeass hahahaha:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Accidentally wiped this thread off my subscribe list so re replying. Have a great day or night everyone.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Multiple abductions.... that sound horrific! I don't live in an area where that happens, but I still don't let my kids ride the bus! And my oldest has stared wanting to spend the night off at friends, and I'm always saying "why do t you invite them over here?" Because I don't trust people with my babies' safety. And I jump to worst case scenarios in my mind.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

"Back float" - since you described it as such, I will check it out. I assumed (and we know what assumptions do) that I needn't wander there since I don't write. That's on me I suppose.... being an ass.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join