It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crashes downtown LA or NY. How would Gov't react?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
For years I have often wondered what it would be like if a UFO were to crash in a major city like LA or NY at around lunch time. Lets say the site includes several city blocks. How would the Government react? Would they just sweep it under the rug? If so, how would they contain/quarentine the massive area? Would there be full disclosure do to its hard evidence. After all we would have thousands of witnesses including news coverage.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think you would definitely see some sort of marshal law being enforced because of "hazardous materials in the air". That would give them enough time to figure out what the hell to do. All eyewitnesses would be "quarantined" because of possible exposure. That would just be the start.

Peace

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
D/L and read through the SOM1-01 Recovery and Disposal guide from majesticdocuments.com. It basically outlines instructions for the government and military in the event of a downed alien craft...if it's authentic that is, and the majesticdocuments.com investigation team does claim that it is.

I think it's the 3rd and 4th one up from the bottom on this page.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here's how...(I'd do it)

NEW YORK - An unmanned experimental USAF reconaissance drone crashed last night in downtown New York City. The craft came down in the middle of Times Square, but luckily, there were no reported deaths, and only a few reported injuries, largely due to debris and smoke inhalation. The New York Police and Fire departments responded quickly to the scene, before being asked to stand back, by a military biohazard team.

Air Force spokesman, Lieutenant Richard Davidson stated, "The drone that crashed here utilizes an experimental propulsion system that may have posed a biological hazard to the responding police and fire department teams. As a precaution, we moved in with hazmat gear to minimalize this danger to these personnel. At this time, we've determined that there is no danger to any present in the area, but we have secured the area to prevent any of our enemies from obtaining any debris from this still-classified drone." The Lieutenant stated that this was the only statement to released at this time.

Traffic was halted in all directions in the square for approximately one hour while military personnel removed the debris and closed off the area. Limited traffic is now re-established, though military work crews are working with local road crews, in repairing the roadway before tomorrow morning's rush hour traffic. - End

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So Gazrok, by you saying "Here's how I'd do it", are you saying that if you were in charge of the press release in the event of an incident like this you would lie to the public?

Or are you just implying that's what our government would probably do?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Nice Job Gazrok!
Gosh, I think I would believe that. Sounds harmless

Meteor_of_War, thanks for the link

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Or are you just implying that's what our government would probably do?

That's the one...but meaning, IF I was the one tasked with the coverup, that's how I'd go about it. I wouldn't even mention that the drone was disc-shaped. If needed, I could always say that AFTER the initial statement, thus downplaying that aspect, and making anyone who siezed upon that aspect look like THEY were the ones looking to make a flying saucer out of it. I'd point out several saucer-like models of drones to further drive home the point, and no respectable news organization would touch it with a ten foot pole.

I merely wanted to illustrate that unless you've got aliens coming out and saying "Hello!" on live tv, it's pretty much easy to believably cover this kind of thing up, even today, perhaps even ESPECIALLY today. Even with live aliens, you could always state it was a publicity stunt, show some manufactured costumes that exactly resemble the aliens, etc. and pretty much anyone would believe you.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Gaz has pretty much got it down. The only problem with that scenario is that people would want to know why an experimental UCAV was flying over NYC.

Actually... if my memory is correct a stealth fighter crashed into some suburb during the 80s... before the existence of stealth was revealed. If you want to know how the US gov would handle a UFO crash in a populated area, you just have to look at that incident.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

That's the one...but meaning, IF I was the one tasked with the coverup, that's how I'd go about it.

Gotcha. I was confusing your real life idea of what you, Gazrok, would do as opposed to what your hypothetical "government official" persona would do in your initial post.
Anyways well said, and sadly that sounds about right to me.

Originally posted by GazrokEven with live aliens, you could always state it was a publicity stunt, show some manufactured costumes that exactly resemble the aliens, etc. and pretty much anyone would believe you.

Except some of the fine people here at ATS.

[edit on 2/2/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Gaz has pretty much got it down. The only problem with that scenario is that people would want to know why an experimental UCAV was flying over NYC.

Malfunction of the pre-programmed flight computer. We're only thankful that it's onboard map-of-the-earth flight characteristics enabled it to avoid crashing into a building.

Or some other such nonsense....

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
An initial media release would call such an event an experimental craft crash or meteor impact as already mentioned. Followed by strict media lockdown. The crash site will be cordoned off for a mile or two. Evidence will then be carted away. Witnesses claiming anything to the contrary will be summarily dismissed as misinterpreting what they saw. Case closed.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Here's how...(I'd do it)

NEW YORK - An unmanned experimental USAF reconaissance drone crashed last night in downtown New York City. The craft came down in the middle of Times Square, but luckily, there were no reported deaths, and only a few reported injuries, largely due to debris and smoke inhalation. The New York Police and Fire departments responded quickly to the scene, before being asked to stand back, by a military biohazard team.

Air Force spokesman, Lieutenant Richard Davidson stated, "The drone that crashed here utilizes an experimental propulsion system that may have posed a biological hazard to the responding police and fire department teams. As a precaution, we moved in with hazmat gear to minimalize this danger to these personnel. At this time, we've determined that there is no danger to any present in the area, but we have secured the area to prevent any of our enemies from obtaining any debris from this still-classified drone." The Lieutenant stated that this was the only statement to released at this time.

Traffic was halted in all directions in the square for approximately one hour while military personnel removed the debris and closed off the area. Limited traffic is now re-established, though military work crews are working with local road crews, in repairing the roadway before tomorrow morning's rush hour traffic. - End

That was a good post. Sounds just like something you would read in a paper. But actually I think it wouldn't turn out like that. In L.A. particularly. Look at 9/11. Most of the people died because they rushed the scene to get a better look at the burning towers. Then the debris fell and killed them. If a U.F.O. crashed, not flew over town, but crashed it would be swarms of people with their own cameras and videos. I don't think people would buy the Roswell story again. It's dependimg on the size of the aircraft as well ans public reaction. Man if it's in L.A. them Neighborhood gangs-well youn seen Independence Day. They'll rob everything to the U.F.O control pane.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Asia Minor worte,
If a U.F.O. crashed, not flew over town, but crashed it would be swarms of people with their own cameras and videos. I don't think people would buy the Roswell story again. It's dependimg on the size of the aircraft as well ans public reaction.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with you. I think we would see some very interesting spin but I think it would be just to be to hard to deny. Especially if people ran to the site and photographed it. Also the thousands of people in the buildings above looking down.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Gazrok pretty much saud exactly what I think they would say.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Stormtrooper: Let me see your identification.
Obi-Wan: [influencing the stormtrooper's mind] You don't need to see his identification.
Stormtrooper: We don't need to see his identification.
Obi-Wan: These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Stormtrooper: These aren't the droids we're looking for.
Obi-Wan: He can go about his business.
Stormtrooper: You can go about your business.
Obi-Wan: Move along.
Stormtrooper: Move along... move along.

The general script is this, UFO crashes in major area. Media is controlled, all reporters can either lose their job or worse if reporting anything but the above "These aren't the UFOs you are looking for." Next you send hoards of agents to shut everybody up in the immediate area. Then you have Bill O'Reilley in a persuasive voice and authoritatively telling you "a weather blimp came down today, no casualties, and all the swat teams were for its national security contents. "Live long and prosper, you pyramid capped psycho conspiracy lunatics, but this is no UFO sighting," he bellows. And so on and so on the story goes.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
First and foremost,the government would not give a full disclosure on what REALLY happen.They'd most probably give the public a bogus one that is quite believable in the public's eye like what they had done(in 911).

Other than that,I think they would set up a perimeter around the crash site and armed soldiers would start guarding the area.Eventually they would clean it up,government/military spokesman would say it was just a military aircraft or something and smiles and everything will be fine.

top topics

join