It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Village Life"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hope you weren't expecting something "chocolate box", wouldn't want to lull you into a false sense of SECURITY, so:

"Village Life (Society Prison Complex Syndrome Mix)"

It is my latest music track. I have made an electronica music tribute to the cult TV (much more than a series) classic "The Prisoner":

The Prisoner (Wikipedia)

The Prisoner is a 17-episode British television series[2] first broadcast in Canada beginning on September 6, 1967 then in the United Kingdom on 29 September 1967 and in the USA on June 1, 1968.[3] It stars and was co-created by Patrick McGoohan, and combines spy fiction with elements of science fiction, allegory and psychological drama.[2] The series follows a British former secret agent who is abducted and held prisoner in a mysterious coastal village resort, where his captors try to find out why he abruptly resigned from his job. Although the show was sold as a thriller in the mould of the previous series starring McGoohan, Danger Man (1960–68; retitled as Secret Agent in the U.S.), its combination of 1960s countercultural themes and surrealistic setting had a far-reaching influence on science fiction and fantasy TV programming, and on narrative popular culture in general.[4]

Patrick McGoohan was a staunch Christian. It is said he would not even kiss a woman on set because of his wife. He had a beautiful wife and I don't blame him for his loyalty.

Patrick McGoohan (Wikipedia)

Patrick Joseph McGoohan (19 March 1928 – 13 January 2009) was an American-born Irish actor, writer and director who was brought up in Ireland and England. He began his career in Great Britain in the 1950s, and relocated to the United States in the 1970s. His career defining roles were in the British 1960's television series Danger Man (US: Secret Agent), and the surreal psychological drama The Prisoner, which he co-created.

Hope you like my music. My track is meant to be "tongue in cheek". I don't know if you understand dark satire, but that's is what it is? It is meant to be slightly humorous and hyperbolic, a bit of the old "Danger Man" dramatics.

What I am really wanting to communicate is in the title of the track and the need that humans have for "Security": if it isn't done right it turns society into a prison of confinement or fearful insecurity under the storm clouds of violence. A delicate balance must be drawn to keep liberty, which relies on security for its very existence.

Be seeing you!

edit on 8-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Interesting..

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Its good
Made AJ much more listenable when mixed in . You could sample him if you wanted - he is not going to mind

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Not bad (says the guy who can barely hum in tune)

Reminds me of that European sound by acts like Bassface Sascha and DJ Food. Gilles Peterson would have played it back in the 'Worldwide' days.

new topics

top topics

join