It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filtering the main news feed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I was wondering if there is any way to filter the main news feed that shows when I first pull up the ATS web site? I'm trying to see the feed without any political news.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would like to know as well if there is a way to filter the new feed. I would love to filter out the mudpit.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

You can 'favourite' forums by going to the ones you like and clicking the heart icon. They all stack up in your My ATS with the most recent 5 threads.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Ok that is helpful not ideally what I would like but
close enough to make my life a bit easier on here.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

God bless the scroll wheel! Wish they had an odometer to see how many 'miles' of scroll it takes to avoid the political threads.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
I would like to know as well if there is a way to filter the new feed. I would love to filter out the mudpit.

Agreed. Or to be able to "hide" entire forums.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Downside.........It works well if I am at my laptop and near wifi obviously.

MyATS is not so great on mobile which is most of the time..

but to be honest ATS mobile is not that great all around it is very limited. Editing mistakes I have made on a phone with rabid auto correct is not fun.
I am certainly not going to write an essay on my phone.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yeah it would seem to be very pragmatic if you could just mark the forums you didn't want to see in the New feed and It would show all the new threads minus say the mudpit...........maybe rant as well I can't stand the icon it looks like a constipated skinhead having a painful bowel movement.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Maybe we should look at the article by Edd Gent

““Sock puppets” are the scourge of online discussion . Multiple accounts controlled by the same user can dominate comment forums and spread fake news. But now there’s a way to unmask the puppeteers.A study of nine websites that use comment service Disqus to let readers post responses to articles found that sock puppets can be identified based on their writing style, posting activity and relationship with other users.

In the era of fake news, detecting sock puppets is important, says Srijan Kumar at the University of Maryland. “Whenever multiple accounts are used by the same party it is harmful and it skews the discussion and fake news can be propagated very confidently,” he says”

Article

We all know websites need traffic and currently the political forum is giving that. If it will bite ATS in the end I do not know? But I believe there are an interest to make ATS looks more like a “before its news” site. And they are getting there. The way members are posting to see who is first in breaking the news (which normally is just a quote and a link) to another blog and opinions that always have the maybe somewhere in the article. The members left studying something and writing a tread are getting fewer.
edit on 1C172017-04-09T07:32:00-05:00SundayAmerica/Chicago2 by ICycle2 because: Faulty link

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

edit on 9-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: FIRST OF A DOUBLE POST EDIT

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2
The way members are posting to see who is first in breaking the news (which normally is just a quote and a link) to another blog and opinions that always have the maybe somewhere in the article. The members left studying something and writing a tread are getting fewer.

You brought up an issue that grinds my gears so I'm just gonna use it to therapeutically blow off some steam.

This is my second tour of ATS under a new user name since I lost my password to my old account when my hardrive went belly up. I was active around 2011 an man there was some decent writing with a lotta info to chew on and discuss around that time. Sure there where a fair share of crap posters too but the flavor of ATS has seemed to dramatically shift since then.

I had gone back to lurk mode and seen the rise of the mudpit that seems to correspond with this shift.

I decided to return to ATS under a fresh start and with new enthusiasm and intention to turn the trend by writing thought provoking stuff.
I'm sad to learn that thought provoking stuff with links, pictures, and citations, does not seem to get much attention around here anymore.
I just recently wrote an article about rockets in the space exploration forum and it only managed to get two responses.

Yet I witnessed a post in Breaking Political news with no links to sources get up to six flags. The op wrote a minimum of three cryptic lines. That is ridiculous! In this sort of environment I'm more reluctant to write anything and I'm sure that many of the other knowledgeable writers on here feel the same as I do so the content has become garbage.

Ok I feel a bit better blowing off some steam.
edit on 9-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
somebody is trying to type like crazy isnt it? ok. let see.

new topics

top topics

join