It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group calling themselves The Shadow Brokers just leaked NSA hacking tools

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This group was tweeted by Wikileaks and there are several follow up tweets on the twitter page. The group says of of themselves

Did you know most of theshadowbrokers’ members have taken the oath “…to protect and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic…”. Yes sir! Most of us used to be TheDeepState everyone is talking about. But we realized TheDeepState is being the enemy of the constitution, individualism, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

The Shadow Brokers

The above is preceded by a long unhappy, angry rant about the current situation as well a some choice words for the likes of McCain, Graham and others.

At the end is a password to decrypt some information they have released

Snowdon tweet

Leaving much out because you should explore for yourself and pass along. AND PLEASE stay on topic.

Thoughts

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

They need to seriously invest some time into proofreading their manifestos.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It appears to me English is not the first language of the author. Further in the rant there is a call for English to be the language spoken first in America.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Apparently it is showing that NSA is hacking China by pretending to be China. This is timely info since the Chinese leader just left. Not going to sit well. twitter

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'd say they've played too much Mass Effect:

Mass Effect: Shadow Broker

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yea. Sounds kinda...Russian.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It does read as if english isnt their first language. Yet they re trying to pretend they are american very odd.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Never mind, EriktheAweful beat me to it..

Kudos!
edit on C17240152 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

edit on C17240222 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
Apparently it is showing that NSA is hacking China by pretending to be China. This is timely info since the Chinese leader just left. Not going to sit well. twitter

China? Where did you get China? More likely the comrades of the Shirtless Wonder. I would bet on it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

From the Snowdon tweet which originally was posted by Wikileaks on their twitter page. If these guys are good with it, so am it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I suspect middle eastern. Russia and even China would have people proficient in English.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Is this the same leak from January?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
Is this the same leak from January?

No, it is from today. Not from Wikileaks but apparently supported by Wikileaks as they are revealing what it says.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

It does read as if english isnt their first language. Yet they re trying to pretend they are american very odd.

I found this link to a group called 'meet the hackers'. The author's claims his name is Johnny Ferandez. If the person of Latino heritage, he spelled his name wrong. However his use of English appears the same as the author in the shadow brokers article. Was the error accidental or on purpose?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yippee Ki Yay Ya

Buck

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Who do you think funded that game?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sounds like an ultra-right group...maybe it's the Breitbart bumch.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Assange tweeted this:

re conspicuously & intentionally trying to suggest that they are Russian and aligned with Russian foreign policy. Why?

A cover for Russians?

A Russian double game?

Me again. They sound very extreme in some of their dialogue, but also passionate about Trump getting on with dismantling the deep state.

If it is a small group within our alphabet agencies, an interesting choice for a spokesperson or maybe strategic.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Dismantling the Deep State sounds like a worthy endeavor.

Lets see what these guys can do.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

originally posted by: dragonridr

I found this link to a group called 'meet the hackers'. The author's claims his name is Johnny Ferandez. If the person of Latino heritage, he spelled his name wrong. However his use of English appears the same as the author in the shadow brokers article. Was the error accidental or on purpose?

Ferandez appears to be a common enough name in the Philippines. Hmmm...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join