It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Might Be Panic Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I'm appalled at what he just did and will be joining the protesters now, but I still think we made the best choice we could have... given the choices.

Are there actual protests against the missile strikes?
Wow one would think there would be protests against the use of chemical weapons?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
When an Islamic rule (theocracy) is involved then it does not matter who initiated the weapon(s) of mass distraction…all must be made to capitulate...

The region is too unstable and requires America to cut off every head of every snake and do what must be done…

For reference, see Japan and Germany...and had Truman not been a typical progressive fool then Korea would be a unified democratic republic as well…not a rogue nation about to start a nuclear war(A situation my hero SCAP General Douglas MacArthur predicted this exact situation when he said within 50 years North Korea would gain the ability to split the atom and terrorize the free world… Truman, in typical democrat fashion, fired him)

It is America's moral duty to spread our Exceptionalism and virtue throughout the globe with sword or light...
I leave the choice of method to those who will be soon be made to socially evolve and embraced the tenants of the inherent morality and egalitarianism of the high west…

If Russia and its skeleton ruling party of failed Soviet communists gets in our way then we will once again bring them to their knees through economic sanctions…
If sanctions don't work I would be happy to dust off old stethoscope with my wife and we happily return...

Though I doubt my cats and child will agree ahah

-Chris

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Wow one would think there would be protests against the use of chemical weapons?

I'm sure there are leftists who think that would be "cultural appropriation" or some such stupidity.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

It was the man himself

Were you one of those disgruntled Trump U students?
Did you get bad Trump steaks?
Bad hangover from the Trump wine?

The constant pointless sarcasm of your posts screams quite loudly that you have nothing useful to say on topic.

But please ... tell me more about me.
edit on 8-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No
just looking for a little insight as to your hatred

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

No
just looking for a little insight as to your hatred

I don't hate you Shooterbrody, nor do I hate Trump.

Neither of which are on topic. Shoo.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

But please ... tell me more about me.

interrogative not demonstrative

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It was the man himself

or was this edited?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh look there is a mushroom cloud on the horizon oops my bad no it wasn't because the world is still the same. People are so obsessed with WW3 that they actually want it to see it happen in their lifetime. It's pretty ironic if you ask me.

There is no logical reason for a panic. If WW3 begins you are good as dead. ICBMs would be seen from all different parts of the world. WW3 means the end of us all. What's the point of ruling over a radiated rock in space? We work for them and believe it or not they need us alive. Besides there are way efficient ways to reduce the population. A manufactured biological virus,nanaobots in your bloodstream,poison,ordinance that leaves the infrastructure intact but kills all the humans and many more scenarios.

I know i'm not part of the majority of the earths population but losing the fear of death is quite liberating i can tell you that. There is no point of being afraid all the time because the world might end any day now. We are in no position to prevent that anyways. Just live your life and quit worrying so much about events you have no control over. Death comes for us all. One way or another.

(post by bastion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

His unstable, petty character, thin skin, his need to surround himself with alt-right alt-facts sycophants and idiots, the relations with Russia, lack of experience and willingness to stir up crap opening his stupid trap and breaking diplomatic and international protocols of diplomacy, his lack of maturity, experience, and competency. Just off the top of my head, right now.

A quick read through history shows us "leaders" like this drag their nations into defeat and ruin and kick off wars as much, if not more so, than the Hiillaries of history.

I do not have the superstitious, irrational hatred fear and loathing of The Hillary that others do, because she's another suit in the corporate machine that is modern day U.S. government. No better, no worse. Same levels and types of corruption, just crappier than most of her colleagues at hiding it. She's like Richard Nixon in drag. Unlikeable, bad at making the right friends, shady, ect. But the same player in the same game. Yawn.

Believing either or was marginally preferable is delusional, at best. It's like having two psychopathic lunatic parents, who just brutally murdered most of your siblings in front of you, then both pointing the gun at you and telling you to pick the one you want to pull the trigger and kill the rest of you. The only correct answer that I, personally see in this case is "neither". The only good thing that could happen is the cops, neighbors, or family would bust through the door, take these lunatics out, and give custody of the surviving siblings to a sane, stable, competent relative of their second choosing. However, this did not happen. No one saved the kids, through a weird voting system it was decided Dad got to pull the trigger while mom kicked back on the couch and watched with a Martini. Dad's earlier promises to shoot mom if we pick him have turned out to be complete B.S., and after he finishes the kids off, him and mom are going to go have some nookie in the hot tub out back.

Getting killed is getting killed, no matter who pulls the trigger.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Trump Supporter Here!
I'm Happy, Peppy & Bursting with Love!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: jellyrev

This is not a Left vs. Right issue any longer. I appreciate and respect your opinion, but referencing Obama's failures will not help the problem that we face right now. Remember how you were trying to avoid World War 3 by voting against Hilary? Guess what, Trump is leading you to the same destination.

Your not making much sense. You have started a big circle maybe even small.

You have by your own words became part of the problem. Your solution after reading a few replies is imaginary or you do not truly seek it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
All the left can do now is fantasize about impeachment. Focus on that fantasy and watch the Republicans get over 60 seats in the Senate next election and another 4 years of President Trump after that.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just look at all the mini nukes going off between people. We fight each other while they take our money and put it to work by playing Risk. Scenarios must be created for the elite to increase their wealth/power and war just so happens to be the perfect solution to their "problem."

The other problem is, these attacks can be staged (still very real and disastrous), and attributed to any single person or group. Anyone can accuse anybody of anything, but when called out should be responsible for proving their claim. I don't believe Assad ordered the attack unless he is also forced to follow an order.

As far as Trump, I believe when weighing his options decided to go through with the bombing in order to reset the volatile political landscape that our excuse for politicians have been traipsing around in. Political opponents have to rethink their strategy and will potentially ease up on the Russia collusion thing.

The move was assertive and depending on your point of view, an effective message delivered. I just wish all the false flags (people can still die horribly), don't get past the border wall of Trump's better judgement. Hopefully, his first step in what I believe to be the wrong direction does not cause the next step to follow in stride.

We shall see...

edit on 8-4-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thread Title: "It Might Be Panic Time"

en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see, you're not alone. At any given moment, there are millions of people panicking about something. On the other side of the coin, there are millions of people experiencing wonderful peace and joy, too.

May each person reading this feel more peace and joy in life, than panic. Remember, the ultimate responsibility for your frame of mind, is YOURS.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Russia is not going to get involved in a direct military conflict with the United States, simply because the U.S. sent a strong message to Syria that it is no longer going to sit idly by and watch its Dictator use Sarin Gas weapons against sleeping civilians.

Why?

Because Syria is not important enough to Putin, to risk his own life and the destruction of his Country.

What it will do is alter Putin's calculus as it relates to other geopolitical moves he has in mind (in the Middle East, Iran, Ukraine and elsewhere)...because he now knows he cannot take what he wants with total impunity. He now knows that this U.S. Administration will act.

I am sure that this incident had a similar effect in the discussions that Trump had with Xi over the last few days. The Chinese understand that they need to reign in the North Koreans - because otherwise Trump will (and no, the Chinese will not risk annihilation over Little Kimmy either).

So...take a deep breath. It's not time to panic.

This post is interesting. I have just this morning been reading about this entire Syria mess, and thinking hard about it all.
Just a few moments ago I read an article about McMaster being the one who shooed Bannon out of the NSC offices. He told him to get lost....basically, "Okay this game of Lets-Pretend-to-POTUS is over. You - out. And consider AA."

I read that McMaster had some indepth, serious talks with Trump about what to do. That he had presented ALL of the options that the NSC had come up with, and they had discussed ALL of the consequences. It was a very deliberative session, and Bannon was not there, because he's only a token anyway. He had to give up his seat to the professionals.

Anyway, it is also reported that Russia was told about the strike well ahead of time, because that's the deal they have with Russia regarding Syria. All the other small country warzones are likely the same way.

So, Russia and USA call ahead of time to tell each other what their plans are. Everyone takes his place.....all the equipment is moved out of the way.....and then BOOM.

What sort of sick world is that? Syria is a playground for giant booming things. This makes me so sick. There are actual people, and actual physical structures that allow people to survive in the desert, to record their history. Their 'president' appears to be a monster like Qaddafi and Sadam, thought, right? Or Kim Jong-Il? What are those guys all about, and why is it okay? The citizens of Syria are kept alive just for this?

It's truly sick.

Anyway - so, it's time for POTUSing now, no more of the "let's put The Donald in there and see what happens." McMaster, the grownup, experienced guy, is taking the reins, and telling the clowns to get out of the room so the pros can get busy. Then they are conferring with Trump, telling him stories about "if this, then this" and together they are all making a decision.

Seems that every time Trump starts kicking at the walls of his stall, they come and calm him down. Like everyone is trying to deal with a sheltered workshop spoiled rich boy who wanted to play President. ........ So far, common sense has prevailed, but only at the last minute. I don't wanna live like this....

edit on 4/8/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Bone75

I'm appalled at what he just did and will be joining the protesters now, but I still think we made the best choice we could have... given the choices.

What was so appalling about destroying an airbase that launched a deadly chemical attack on innocent men, women, and children? I can understand disagreeing with the action, but to be so appalled that you will go out and protest? I just don't get it.

Because many of us dont think it was Assad! It make no sense for him to use chemical weapons! He has more to lose than gain.

Terrorists in the region have chemical weapons too and they have much more to gain.

For far Trump has not released any information or eveidence on why it was Assad over the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
We're all long on opinion and short on facts .

TextThe United States may take unilateral action in Syria if the United Nations fails to respond to a suspected chemical attack in Syria which is feared to have killed dozens of civilians, including children, the country's UN ambassador has warned. The warning came as the UN Security council held an emergency meeting about the atrocity, after Washington, Paris and London drew up a draft statement condemning the attack and demanding an investigation. "When the United Nations consistently fails in its duty to act collectively, there are times in the life of states that we are compelled to take our own action," Nikki Haley, the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, told the meeting. Earlier Russia has threatened to veto any resolution by the UN security council on a claiming it is based on "false information."

unilateralism//wiki

Unilateralism is any doctrine or agenda that supports one-sided action. Such action may be in disregard for other parties, or as an expression of a commitment toward a direction which other parties may find agreeable. Unilateralism is a neologism which is already in common use; it was coined to be an antonym for multilateralism, which is the doctrine which asserts the benefits of participation from as many parties as possible.

Critics of American unilateralism point to the ethical implications of engaging in armed conflicts that may inevitably draw in combatants from other nations, as well as the undermining of the international ability to protect small nations from aggressors. Unilateralism, it is argued, can be considered nothing more than a positively sold version of the very actions that would earn other states the title of aggressor or rogue nation. Opponents of unilateralism say it rejects the essential interwoven nature of modern global politics

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

The US called Moscow and told them they were going to do it. They have a deal. Neither of them will do a rogue attack in Syria.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join