It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica - King Nothing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
One of the best bands of all time

This song came to mind.....

-KING NOTHING-

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm actually more enamored with their latest release, Hardwired...To Self-Destruct. A return to the glory days of Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, etc. There have been a few songs since the Black Album that I enjoy, but I'll take the thrash and epic instrumentals/epic stories over radio contracted songs any day!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

That's too bad. I thought you'd say something like HOlY CRAP IT'S METALLICA, ROCK ON!
edit on 8-4-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What! No one likes old Metallica? I must be on the wrong time zone, cause the night people all love Metallica!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Hey neith, I don't think it's that nobody likes Metallica, I know there are lots of rock fans here. Maybe you just need to add a bit more content or dialogue to get a conversation going.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith
What! No one likes old Metallica? I must be on the wrong time zone, cause the night people all love Metallica!

King Nothing is not old Metallica lol...it was the nu that basically caused 85% of its fans to fade away.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I love old Metallica. It's just then, and this is probably more a factor of my age, but to me "Old Metallica" is anything prior to the Black album. I'm not a big fan of what even Herfield refers to, as the U2 version of Metallica that they were st this time period. It's been awhile since I've listened to anything of of Load and longer for ReLoad but if that's the best song on Load then there isn't much need for me to go further. The arrangement and even the key of this song are all completely copped from Enter Sandman. Hell, they even admit this by including a very quiet "off to never never lnd" at the end of King Nothing.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Well thats ok, i'm drinking and i cannot tell the difference right now lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I need more content and less alcohol! lmao

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Awesome YES! Old Metallica Rocks! .. that took me five minutes to type btw so i hope you appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's more than conversation, it's Metallica! They don't talk they slam! I could go for days without talking!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Only 2 Stars and 4 Flags, WTF?

Come on you guys, you have fingers, use em!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh wait, you did....nm

Ok you other people that was for you.Specifically.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Metallica is one of my all time favorite bands.I even quit a job
so I could go to one of their concerts years ago.Their bass player
was still Jason Newsted and I don't know the name of his replacement.
The Black Album has always been my favorite because it introduced
me to the band.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Metallica is one of my all time favorite bands.I even quit a job
so I could go to one of their concerts years ago.Their bass player
was still Jason Newsted and I don't know the name of his replacement.
The Black Album has always been my favorite because it introduced
me to the band.

I love you!! Thank You! I thought everyone had abandoned their youth! High Fing Five Sister!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Those of you relating old Metallica to creations prior to the Black Album should really do yourselves a favor and check out the newest studio release...
edit on 8-4-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The Black Album

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

You want to post a vid? come on post!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

King Nothing is not old Metallica lol...it was the nu that basically caused 85% of its fans to fade away.

85% ? lol how did you come up with that number?

I think it is kind of funny, listening to all the sellouts, who claimed Metallica was selling out, when they didnt make the music they wanted them to make.. So because they didnt sell out, and did what you wanted, but instead went their own way, they are sell outs... lol

I also love the old metallica the most, Kill ´Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, ...And Justice For All - but i love the new stuff just as much, and the new album ROCKS!!!

If you dont like that they didnt sell out, and became what you wanted them to be - just dont listen to them, but you claiming they are sellouts just because they didnt choose to be what YOU wanted them to be, are just pathetic....

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

I remember partying to these.

I also love the old metallica the most, Kill ´Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, ...And Justice For All - but i love the new stuff just as much, and the new album ROCKS!!!

Best effing time to be alive.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join