It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getaway Driver Arrested After 3 Suspects are Shot to Death

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Snarl

Really this means that there will be four less people (three permanently) who will never rob or harm anyone ever again.

Three people who will never face a trial by jury, because someone thought they could do better than a courtroom.

So this is you not commenting on this case? Looks to me like a comment on the case though...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You can't expect a grandfather to celebrate the death of his grandson, regardless of what the circumstances of their death are.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Point taken.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I do not agree, The criminal has stepped out of society by breaking the law. Second rendering cpr is a choice. You can contract aids,hepc ect, Without the proper equipment.
reply to: Aazadan

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: thanatou

Interesting first post.

You cannot contract aids from administering CPR.

Unless perhaps the person giving CPR has enormous wound in their mouth and some DNA from the victim travels through their breath to the wound.

But otherwise, no.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

While you are just as welcome to your opinions as I am to mine, your words " I weight my friends and family equally to a stranger on the street" tells me all I need to know about you. When an individual puts a stranger or a criminal at the same level as a wife, a child, a friend, etc...their morals and values are empty shells. You have no sensible set of priorities and I have to assume you carry these beliefs to other areas of your life. I assume you consider North Korea just as important as your own country for example.

But as far as my views...what I have said is the truth...and closer to the sane public than yours (IMHO). I feel sorry for those who love you (I assume there are) because my guess is if you told they they are no more important than a stranger or that their life to you is no more important that a criminal in your home hoping to rape your wife is...well...inhuman.

Finally...if you are caught robbing a home by the police, you deserve a trial. If you are robbing a home and are therefore a threat to the owner, family, etc...you are a potentially violent animal that should be put down permanently on the spot by the homeowner. If they so choose.

edit on 4/10/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I would never shoot another person over any of my property, period. That's why I have insurance. Material goods are replaceable.

I will, however, arm myself and point a weapon at the intruder. If they don't immediately yield when I have pointed a gun at them and am giving loud commands such as "If you come any closer, I'll shoot.", then it will be considered an act of aggression and the appropriate action will be taken.

I don't think a jury would ever consider someone who is willing to walk into a gun pointed at them to be harmless and not a threat. That's simply not a normal behavior.

I hope I never have to shoot anyone. The whole idea behind my having firearms for defense is to deter someone from trying to harm me. A threat display if you will, one that will be backed up with violence IF NECESSARY.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKEI assume you consider North Korea just as important as your own country for example.

I mostly consider the people of NK to be victims of an oppressive regime. The concept of sovereignity however states that all nations stand among each other as equals. Neither has the right to impose their will on the other.

But as far as my views...what I have said is the truth...and closer to the sane public than yours (IMHO). I feel sorry for those who love you (I assume there are) because my guess is if you told they they are no more important than a stranger or that their life to you is no more important that a criminal in your home hoping to rape your wife is...well...inhuman.

Inhuman? Really? Every single major religion on the planet tells you to love others as if they were your own family. I'm merely practicing that concept.

Finally...if you are caught robbing a home by the police, you deserve a trial. If you are robbing a home and are therefore a threat to the owner, family, etc...you are a potentially violent animal that should be put down permanently on the spot by the homeowner. If they so choose.

Everyone is a potentially violent animal, that doesn't give you the right to preemptively put them down. Once the threat is neutralized, it's not your right to do everything you can to ensure they die.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550
So this is you not commenting on this case? Looks to me like a comment on the case though...

I was commenting on people in general who do this. Not the specifics of this one case.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl>>>Nothing to say here but the shooter is in the clear, the getaway driver needs to be charged for their deaths, and the grandpa is understandably upset but completely off base.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Alhough it is a shame two of the intruders were minors, they were armed and could have seriously injured or killed the owners of the house. The grandfather of one of the minor criminals claims he is in favor of the second amendment, but not of the right to use an AR-15 in self defense?... That makes absolutely no sense. Why would you be in favor of the second amendment, but not be in favor of using your firearm for self protection?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join