It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

things getting worse for south africa. protests against zuma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

The demonstrations came after Mr Zuma's sacking of a respected finance minister, which led to the country's credit rating being cut to junk status. The move added pressure to South Africa's already embattled economy

In Durban, banners stating "Jacob Zuma must step down" were draped from buildings as part of nationwide demonstrations. Protesters marched through the city with their faces painted, carrying messages of "downgrade Zuma, not South Africa" in reference to the country's amended credit rating.

my buddy in durban said the rand is expected to fall. i just checked the exchange rate and it seems about how its been so we will see on that.
he said life is going to get harder down there for a lot of people.

i know there are a few members here that live in south africa..

anything to report?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Got family in SA seems like the strikes were only Friday couple of big cities. Rest was business as usual. A weakening Rand is actually good for a big part of the economy. Mining, farming est. will anything change no. South Africans are resilient they will go on and forgive and forget and take it. They use to suffering make very little difference to the already appaling living standards
edit on 8-4-2017 by therealfreeworld because: .

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Well when the entire north hemisphere is a radioactive nuclear wasteland you guys will get to live at least.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Guess where will all the displaced will come to with all their money and "morals"

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Its good to see people of all colours demonstrating in Durban and even at the RSA Embassy in Trafalgar Sq, London.

The problem is does Zuma want to copy Zimbabwe ?

And will the ANC ever notice that they are cutting their nose off if they let Zuma get his way. Judging by the brain-drain that started in 1994, now it looks like it will be more rapid.

Pity, because the country has so much potential.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is what happens to a country when you run it with nepotism instead of qualifications for the job
Expect more famine to strike as Zuma enacts his policy of land appropriation without compensation

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
South Africa's Bond rating status was changed to "JUNK". It's about to go down in S. Africa.

Buy guns ammo and non-perishable food. Especially if you are a Boer/Afrikaner. honestly try to get out if you can.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Yep. Some days it feels as if that's about the only plus to living here.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"anything to report?"

Nah just the regular local festivities,for instance: My son's best friend is a 13yo girl. This morning they were with me in my room when her mom phoned to tell her that her brother's girlfriend's dad was stabbed to death on his farm in the early hours of this morning,a family friend also stabbed though not fatally,and her mother brutally beaten. By 5 black men with balaclavas.Here in this area,not too far away at all.It was so traumatic for the poor child,especially because some years ago,an uncle and aunt of hers were tortured on their farm-the woman raped and burned with a clothes iron,her husband too and had also his arm broken and his nose had to be reconstructed.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

And go Where..Idk if the northern hemisphere is a wise place to be these days. Besides no matter how bad it gets locally,we are white hardworking decent law abiding competent people..I cannot see any European countries or America.or NZ or Oz offering the white ethnicity asylum.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Zuma is a blatantly racist leader in a country brimming with racists. This mixed with many S.African young people wanting to 'restart' all scienrific progress and knowledge inorder to create their own African science (involving 'black magic' and people that claim to be able to calk down lightning strikes on their enemies i # you not), the country is pretty screwed...atm

www.patheos.com...

new topics

top topics

join