It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the good people, do they shoot them, where are they

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
How come in human civilisation the worst people rise to the top and become leaders, not talking about Trump,

I am talking real RULERS, about senior levels in Deep State intelligence apparatus, I am talking about management and owners of Banks

And yes in politics for most part

What happens to good people, I just don't see many around. Do they shoot them, DO THEY EAT THEM

Where the hell are good honest people.

Are they stuck doing some low wage job ?

I have a feeling this whole system we humans have built will one day erupt and explode, it won't be world war

It will be WORLD WIDE CIVIL WAR

The silent majority will one day explode and government and everyone will be like "wooww we did not see this coming"

I never killed anyone, I am not a violent person, yet I am completely comfortable watching people burn down cities.

How can that be ?

How can you explain such a thing ?

Am I a victim of Russian hacking ?

Am I a mentally sick person ?

Or am I soooooo sick of powerful playing with our lives and treating us as cattle.

I leave it to you to label me as whatever you want to label me.

I think I am a good person, but I am an angry good person.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LesterJust

Is that a rhetorical question?
No?
Ok then, all of the above.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yes, the evil people shoot the good people, because the good people won't shoot the evil people.

You have to trick yourself into believing that shooting evil people is good, at which point you become evil.

It's a vicious cycle from which humanity needs deliverance.

Hmm...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Society priorities are fd up. More importantly our reward system is fd up.

More money to be made by selfishness and chaos then by helping others and peace. It also doesn't help that govt officials are riddle with conflict of interest,.lots of money to be had with wars.

edit on 53430America/ChicagoSat, 08 Apr 2017 04:53:22 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I've endured many many bullet wounds. I'm still here. It's what gave me Character.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

LesterJust,

There are two major factors which tend to play into whether a person attains power over others or not, over the course of their lives.

The first of these, is psychopathy. Those who could be considered to be of a psychopathic mentality, know the difference between right and wrong, but simply do not care much which one they do. If they also happen to be in any way cunning, this can provide them a larger palette of potential responses to input, than you or I might have. So, where you or I would see a challenge from a political rival and seek to deconstruct their argument, a psychopath would stoop to dirty tricks, character assassination, or blackmail in order to produce the desired effect, that of their rival being silenced. Some would go as far as to have a person killed, albeit in plausibly deniable fashion, in a manner which distanced the shot caller from the incident entirely.

This means that those who are morally defunct, are playing a different set of rules to everyone else. Where everyone else is trying to get ahead within the rules of society, psychopaths use those rules to hold others back, while ignoring the rules that hold them back from their goals entirely. This means they climb every ladder faster, because they do not mind cutting the ankles out from under others who are on it, rather than waiting for someone else to get out of the way, to finish their ascent. They make all the progress they make in life and in their careers, by manipulation, backstabbing, throat slitting, mercenary tactics, honourless, morally decrepit, and yet their meteoric rise is solidified by another of their traits. They often APPEAR charismatic, bombastic, capable. They have the con down to a fine art, as part of their mastery of manipulation tactics. You see this in the business world all the time, with a significant percentage of CEOs and other corporate high ups, being representative of the psychopathic mindset. In fact a greater number of psychopaths can be found in that rarefied demography, than in most others. Its worth pointing out that psychopaths are often not particularly good at their jobs. They do not accumulate success that way. They accumulate success by acquiring command over capable subordinates, and passing their successes off as their own, which has the dual effect of making them look great to whomever it is important to fool in a given moment, and also keeps the confidence level of those below them low, making those individuals seek the validation of the psychopath, dependent on them in some respect, either through subtle manipulations creating a Stockholm Syndrome like effect, or by overt manipulations like the aforementioned bribery, blackmail and other such machinations.

There is another element which goes a good way to explaining why the leaders are often corrupt, rather than decent, but this has more to do with the mindset of good people.

Good people do not believe themselves fit to judge others. Good people do not see themselves as worthy to lead others. Good people do not desire dominion over anything particularly as it happens. They want to have freedom and liberty in their lives, they want something to occupy themselves with, enough to eat, clothes on their backs, roofs over heads, access to the necessities, but not really anything beyond a modest, regular life. They are not obsessed with their own success, or at least, they measure it differently. They seek contentment, not opulence, and what measure of luxury they WOULD like, they wish to EARN. Even the concept of earning is different for a decent person, than a psychopathic power seeker. For the psychopath, earning is simply what one gains. Good people are aware that things are gained in the world, which have not been earned, because earning requires dedication, hard work AND luck. It is HARD to do, takes TIME to do, is not something you can do while wearing a suit or waffling down a telephone while wasted on Gin after an afternoon at the golf club that you CALLED a business meeting, but was actually a boozy romp in the bushes with your secretary.

Good people do not want to control others, they do not want to have dominion over their actions, their thoughts, their choice of car, their gas mileage, or their taxes. Good people do not desire power, they desire only their own freedom. Most good people could live entirely without governance, because even in the absence of law, they would simply never think of stealing from, or hurting others. It would never occur to them to do seriously, because they would always butt up against their conscience. The psychopaths who get ahead simply have no conscience, that is why they get ahead, why they desire dominion, why they desire power, control, wealth in extremis...

We are lead by psychopaths and scum, because they are the only people who desire to do so. The only people decent enough and noble enough to be good leaders, dedicated to the people not their pockets, dedicated to principle not pathological lies, dedicated to the sort of peace gained through good living, rather than the sort of peace created by the onrush of death, have no desire to lead whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I agree, you said it perfectly. Yes we are being lead by Psychopaths and it's not right. There is a time coming when that will end. It only takes one man to stand up and lead everyone else out of the gutter of despair.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

I agree, you said it perfectly. Yes we are being lead by Psychopaths and it's not right. There is a time coming when that will end. It only takes one man to stand up and lead everyone else out of the gutter of despair.

If you look at history everyone who has tried has been nailed to something or poisoned. In today's world if a real god appeared he would still have a very steep hill of persuasion to climb and if smart he would have brought some serious security along because he/she will need it !

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I know right? Humans are Scary!

If an actual god appeared, he'd either wipe us out, or bring an army because no one would believe it wasn't MemoreX.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Such a great post, I liked this line especially

This means they climb every ladder faster, because they do not mind cutting the ankles out from under others who are on it, rather than waiting for someone else to get out of the way, to finish their ascent.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Yeah, what TrueBrit said.

Except there are probably a few people in business and/or politics that start out with good intentions, trying to get things done by the book, who try to be fair and play the straight game, but who after a while see how things really are and get turned into a "wise guy" or a "good fella" who knows that the rules are for chumps. You can beat your head against a wall for only so long before you learn how things really get done, and that is by a different set of rules for those who play by the book and those playing outside of the official rules.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Good question, OP, and I had a deja vu moment all over again when I read you post asking what happened to the good people.

Yesterday I was reading about the Holodomor; the great Ukrainian Famine that caused the death of 10 million souls.
This is what Wiki says about the "good people" during this crisit:

"Survival was a moral as well as a physical struggle. A woman doctor wrote to a friend in June 1933 that she had not yet become a cannibal, but was "not sure that I shall not be one by the time my letter reaches you." The good people died first. Those who refused to steal or to prostitute themselves died. Those who gave food to others died. Those who refused to eat corpses died. Those who refused to kill their fellow man died. Parents who resisted cannibalism died before their children did.[50]"

So there you have it. In "# Hits the Fan" situations, the good people die and the not so good people survive.
Probably explains a lot of what we see in the human race.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The weak are inhibited by their morals from rising up and fighting the people like you mention together.

...And Trump absolutely is one of those people that needs to be fought...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Watch Game of Thrones, I'm sure that show will sum everything up nicely. lol

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well said TrueBrit.

Very few rise to the top without stepping on others along the way.

edit on 8-4-2017 by bluesjr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAIKI

Wow, that 1933 famine letter sure is creepy, yet so truthful.

to TrueBrit's post, as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

new topics

top topics

join