It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump Wagging The Dog?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It is hard to avoid wondering whether the purpose of the strikes was less to defend a red line that Trump had never supported than yet another effort by the president to distract the media’s attention and change the subject from his problems at home. After all, ever since the investigations into possible Trump campaign collusion with Russian efforts to influence the U.S. presidential election picked up steam, Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to deflect attention onto other issues—starting with his baseless allegations that Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower and continuing with sustained efforts by him and his surrogates to keep that story alive. With his popularity falling to unprecedented lows for a new president, and major legislative goals on health care and immigration blocked in Congress or in the courts, it’s not hard to believe that Trump would take a step that would dominate media’s attention, win plaudits from many in his party and some key allies abroad, and might even have some substantive merit.

(Sorry, I accidently posted before I was ready. Be back in a minute.

Source: www.politico.com...

The article goes on to say

For nearly six years, Trump has argued passionately against U.S. military involvement in Syria. He has asserted that Syria is “not our problem,” insisted that those who advocate intervening there could “lead us into World War III,” and has instead supported alignment with Russia and Syrian President Bashar Assad in their fight against Islamic State terrorists.

and

Yet suddenly, after watching the carnage of a chemical weapons attack that killed some 80 Syrians, Trump has proclaimed that his “view of Assad and Syria has changed very much” and authorized the first direct U.S. attack on Syrian military facilities since the start of the country’s civil war. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, in stark contrast to his statement last week that Assad’s fate was up to the Syrian people, now says there is “no role" for Assad to govern the Syrian people and that “steps are underway” to remove him from power.”

Something to ponder.

edit on 4/7/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I realize this is a lot of copy and paste, a lazy thread. Anyway, I thought it was interesting, and something I hadn't thought about during today's news frenzy. No one can deny he's become an expert at diversions, but this?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Let me quick find something on .breitbart.com to counter Politico.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

But there is more evidence that Obama spied on Trump, then there is that Trump colluded with Russia.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Really? Because even the GOP says there's no evidence. Meanwhile, Trump and his associates having ties with Russia continues to mount.

Are you a die hard MAGA fan? If so, I can understand your perspective.
edit on 7-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Sorry, but what does maga even mean? I don't lean any way by the way.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Baseless accusations hahahaha. Thanks for the laugh. You can choose to ignore Farkas and Rice but it's not going away that easily. Even Schiff backpaddled like crazy after he realized what he had seen. Yeah just keep believing in the russian collusion it will fall flat on its face pretty soon.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Seriously? You don't know what MAGA means? What else don't you know?

In any case, breaking news about more Trump associates and their Russian scandals...

Kushner Omitted Meeting With Russians on Security Clearance Forms

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

It is hard to avoid wondering whether the purpose of the strikes was less to defend a red line that Trump had never supported than yet another effort by the president to distract the media’s attention and change the subject from his problems at home. After all, ever since the investigations into possible Trump campaign collusion with Russian efforts to influence the U.S. presidential election picked up steam, Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to deflect attention onto other issues—starting with his baseless allegations that Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower and continuing with sustained efforts by him and his surrogates to keep that story alive. With his popularity falling to unprecedented lows for a new president, and major legislative goals on health care and immigration blocked in Congress or in the courts, it’s not hard to believe that Trump would take a step that would dominate media’s attention, win plaudits from many in his party and some key allies abroad, and might even have some substantive merit.

(Sorry, I accidently posted before I was ready. Be back in a minute.

Source: www.politico.com...

The article goes on to say

For nearly six years, Trump has argued passionately against U.S. military involvement in Syria. He has asserted that Syria is “not our problem,” insisted that those who advocate intervening there could “lead us into World War III,” and has instead supported alignment with Russia and Syrian President Bashar Assad in their fight against Islamic State terrorists.

and

Yet suddenly, after watching the carnage of a chemical weapons attack that killed some 80 Syrians, Trump has proclaimed that his “view of Assad and Syria has changed very much” and authorized the first direct U.S. attack on Syrian military facilities since the start of the country’s civil war. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, in stark contrast to his statement last week that Assad’s fate was up to the Syrian people, now says there is “no role" for Assad to govern the Syrian people and that “steps are underway” to remove him from power.”

Something to ponder.

Your president just had the balls to make a statement of intent against those who would wish to bring harm. Just sayin.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Really? Because even the GOP says there's no evidence. Meanwhile, Trump and his associates having ties with Russia continues to mount.

Hm. Start WWIII. Yeah, that ought to do it!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Sorry, but what does maga even mean? I don't lean any way by the way.

I think you might be having a brain fog attack. I have them too.

Make America Great Again. His slogan.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What else don't you know?

I don't know how you aren't able to recognize sarcasm. The idea that I am a die hard maga fan is just so absurd that I had no other way to respond to that nonsense.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You know all this talk about WW3 makes no sense to me. It's like you all want to see that happening only to prove you were right all along. It's pretty scary.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

You know all this talk about WW3 makes no sense to me. It's like you all want to see that happening only to prove you were right all along. It's pretty scary.

It won't be www3 but an expanded war in the mid east with plenty of young Americans coming home in plastic bags.
Let me ask you...who profits from such an engagement?

You don't find that scary?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Baseless accusations hahahaha. Thanks for the laugh. You can choose to ignore Farkas and Rice but it's not going away that easily. Even Schiff backpaddled like crazy after he realized what he had seen. Yeah just keep believing in the russian collusion it will fall flat on its face pretty soon.

Schiff did not backpeddle, he had a near row with the escapee Nunes in the hearings about Trump's men changing the minds in the RNC session in July last year to give much less help to Ukraine, and insisted that the witness testimony confirmed that, and that it must be noted.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Ridiculous, it actually made us safer. The failed President Obama made the world dangerous.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Seriously? You don't know what MAGA means? What else don't you know?

In any case, breaking news about more Trump associates and their Russian scandals...

Kushner Omitted Meeting With Russians on Security Clearance Forms

But Mr. Kushner did not mention dozens of contacts with foreign leaders or officials in recent months. They include a December meeting with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, and one with the head of a Russian state-owned bank, Vnesheconombank, arranged at Mr. Kislyak’s behest.

From your link. When I looked at that picture, he just looks so out of place sitting there. A video is sooo out of place on this thread, but when I saw his picture, he looks like the guy in the old "Talking Heads" video.

This can't be my beautiful wife. This can't be my job sitting in the Oval Office with none other than Donald Trump.

lol! Just look at the guy in the first few seconds. OMG! It's Jared Kushner!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It does scare me Ol, WWIII I mean. The U.S. and Russia in a proxy war in someone else's country? And all communiques for accidents called off?

WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Holy Cow.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It won't be www3 but an expanded war in the mid east with plenty of young Americans coming home in plastic bags.
Let me ask you...who profits from such an engagement?

You don't find that scary?
The real scary thing is tha Liberals want President Trump to fail so badly they would enjoy seeing a war and its body bags. Shame on them

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

What else don't you know?

I don't know how you aren't able to recognize sarcasm. The idea that I am a die hard maga fan is just so absurd that I had no other way to respond to that nonsense.

Sarcasm isn't always obvious in text form.

Saying that there's more evidence Obama spied on Trump than there is evidence of Trump's collusion with Russia does indeed paint one as a die hard MAGA fan, or someone who is ignorant to the facts.

Take your pick.
edit on 7-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join