It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Babies Barbarically Murdered

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Title 50 U.S. Code - "War Powers Resolution"

§ 1542 - Consultation; initial and regular consultations

The President in every possible instance shall consult with Congress before introducing United States Armed Forces into hostilities or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, and after every such introduction shall consult regularly with the Congress until United States Armed Forces are no longer engaged in hostilities or have been removed from such situations.

www.law.cornell.edu...

I guess 5 dozen cruise missiles is not considered "hostilities?" Just a friendly reminder?

edit on 4/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

How can you still be Pro=Trump about what's happening here???

Do you think this missile attack is turning out to be a great idea???

Apparently not only is it not clear if it was even legal, but it was also totally ineffective too.

I think so, yes. One, chemical warfare is unacceptable. Two, America is back on the world stage where it should be. Three, pacifism only helps the enemy. Four, it sends a message to America's allies and enemies. My only reservation is what the policy will be.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Phage

Not as great a deal-maker as Trump is, I suppose
Yeah. He's doing great at making deals with his majority so far.

I wonder why he didn't go to them before attacking Syria.

I would argue that it is because congress cannot make up its mind on anything. They are probably still debating the Nunes debacle.

You would argue...So, instead of even attempting to use rational, Constitutional and Congressional means, the excuse is "Congress can't make up its mind, so I'll do what I want" off the cuff and with little rational deliberation?

Oh dear.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I guess 5 dozen cruise missiles is not considered "hostilities?"

Of course not. It's a lover's caress, obviously.

lol

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

Not as great a deal-maker as Trump is, I suppose
Yeah. He's doing great at making deals with his majority so far.

I wonder why he didn't go to them before attacking Syria.

I would argue that it is because congress cannot make up its mind on anything. They are probably still debating the Nunes debacle.

You would argue...So, instead of even attempting to use rational, Constitutional and Congressional means, the excuse is "Congress can't make up its mind, so I'll do what I want" off the cuff and with little rational deliberation?

Oh dear.

Oh dear. No, that's not what I was arguing, but straw men are typical around here.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: BlueAjah

Absolutely! He cares SO much that he lobbed dozens of Tomohawks into civillian areas to show the Syrian
people just how loved their children are by President Trump by killing a few himself. That is the deepest type of care I've ever seen!

Um, he didn't lob bombs into "civilian areas", but onto airfields where they stored the sarin gas and the planes took off. At least get your liberal talking points right.

Someone needs to tell those kids to stay away from military installations then because there are at least 4 dead children and last I checked, children were still civilians, even in Syria.

Perhaps you should work on your own talking points if you automatically resort to calling anyone who disagrees with President Manchilds actions. It's amusing, but an inaccurate descriptor at best.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

One, chemical warfare is unacceptable.

So is a President attacking another sovereign nation without approval.

Two, America is back on the world stage where it should be.

That's kind of vague. I don't remember us leaving the world stage. In what role are we taking now on the world stage according to you??

Three, pacifism only helps the enemy.

America, Pacifists??? LOL

There are many ways to help the enemy. Acting in stupid ways and being bated into attacking when we shouldn't is another way.

Four, it sends a message to America's allies and enemies. My only reservation is what the policy will be.

What message is that exactly??

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

That is not a straw man.

You said

I would argue that it is because congress cannot make up its mind on anything.
in regards to Trump not going to Congress before launching missiles against Syria.

Don't deflect or try to play me for a fool.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

That is not a straw man.

You said

I would argue that it is because congress cannot make up its mind on anything.
in regards to Trump not going to Congress before launching missiles against Syria.

Don't deflect or try to play me for a fool.

I wouldn't even dare play you for a fool. Nonetheless, it was a speculative response. Can you come up with a better excuse of why Trump wouldn't go to congress?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Nonetheless, it was a speculative response.

Yes, it was.

Can you come up with a better excuse of why Trump wouldn't go to congress?

I can certainly speculate.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm not talking about Americans when I speak of pacifism, which is an idea, not a person.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yes, it was.

I'd love to hear it.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yes, it was.

I'd love to hear it.

I'm sure you would.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Title 50 U.S. Code - "War Powers Resolution"

§ 1542 - Consultation; initial and regular consultations

The President in every possible instance shall consult with Congress before introducing United States Armed Forces into hostilities or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, and after every such introduction shall consult regularly with the Congress until United States Armed Forces are no longer engaged in hostilities or have been removed from such situations.

www.law.cornell.edu...

I guess 5 dozen cruise missiles is not considered "hostilities?" Just a friendly reminder?

That's what the good book says, but it looks like Obama in his case was in a No-Co-situation.
Amazingly, McCain said tonight on CNN with Wolfe pretty much Pfff to the idea of the need to consult the congress on this occasion, presumably he meant if the President felt strongly enough, it wasn't very clear his reasoning, maybe he meant it was only a shot over the bow type of thing.... Yeah right! crazy stuff.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yes, it was.

I'd love to hear it.

I'm sure you would.

I said I would argue it. You won't?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yes, it was.

I'd love to hear it.

I'm sure you would.

I said I would argue it. You won't?

Speculation is simply that: speculation, and therefore inarguable to any satisfying degree.

edit on 7-4-2017 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Absolutely! He cares SO much that he lobbed dozens of Tomohawks into civillian areas to show the Syrian
people just how loved their children are by President Trump by killing a few himself. That is the deepest type of care I've ever seen!

Um, he didn't lob bombs into "civilian areas", but onto airfields where they stored the sarin gas and the planes took off. At least get your liberal talking points right.

Someone needs to tell those kids to stay away from military installations then because there are at least 4 dead children and last I checked, children were still civilians, even in Syria.

Perhaps you should work on your own talking points if you automatically resort to calling anyone who disagrees with President Manchilds actions. It's amusing, but an inaccurate descriptor at best.

Gee, ya think?!

Maybe dad should have told them to go play in the traffic instead, like normal dads.

I'm glad he bombed the airfield. Bummer about the kids.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: and14263

ummm.
Because he cares about babies?

He doesn't care enough to let them claim refugee status. Cuz U know - the EO.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: and14263

ummm.
Because he cares about babies?

He doesn't care enough to let them claim refugee status. Cuz U know - the EO.

He cares about not breaking apart families.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Gee, ya think?!

Maybe dad should have told them to go play in the traffic instead, like normal dads.

Right, because it's just everyday normal life in the suburbs there as opposed to a 4 year long civil war. I'm sure there is plenty of time for watching the Waltons while hearing TV dinners in the oven because life is just normal in a war zone after all.

I'm glad he bombed the airfield.

Why are you glad? What objectives were obtained? Were there any other objectives aside from a PR stunt to distract the already rabidly partisan American populace?

A maximum of 15 people were killed, 1/3 of them were children and after tossing nearly 5 dozen Tomahawks at them which cost on average 1.6 million each middle (without the booster) they were still able to use the air strip today and planes were landing and taking off from there. So what exactly was accomplished by this inane action?

Bummer about the kids.

Yeah, you seem real choked up over it!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join