It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Dumped These Fighter Planes in the Middle of Nowhere?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: madmac5150

It's what happens when your fighter fleet is in its 30s. Companies go out of business, people stop making parts, and readiness drops.

True. I was at D-M during the A10-C upgrades.

I didn't get concerned, until I ran my first ops checks in the cockpit of the demonstrator that Boeing sent us.

Seeing "Windows XP" boot up on an MFD... (Air Force speak- MFD Multi-Function Display... a cockpit computer screen)

Scary my friend...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't like this. I think it gives off a "crumbling empire" look. Recycle the friggin metal already. It makes us look like Russia.

lol

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I don't like this. I think it gives off a "crumbling empire" look. Recycle the friggin metal already. It makes us look like Russia.

lol

As a retired maintainer, it is beyond sad. The USAF; the pilots and maintainers are the absolute BEST... I did it for over 20 years, and I am now the proud father of an Airman... and, I fear for his safety...
edit on 8-4-2017 by madmac5150 because: My cat made me

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

ha small world i grew up playing on that plane and working at the boat docks as a kid . i was gonna post that last night but got distracted . do they fill them with concrete to make them last longer or is that part of the demilling process?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

They only put the concrete if it's going to still flying usually. They have to remove the weapons system in a way that they can't be replaced.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: intrptr

ha small world i grew up playing on that plane and working at the boat docks as a kid . i was gonna post that last night but got distracted . do they fill them with concrete to make them last longer or is that part of the demilling process?

Ha, shared memories! I remember the cockpit still had the joy stick and instrumentation, later got stripped, was my favorite plaything there...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When I was younger I used to do a lot of hiking in the UK and lets just say we'd probably find a WW2 planes pretty much every hour if you was anywhere near a hill, hopefully someone had made the site safe who knew what the hell was required.

Does make you think of those who did their jobs at the time, I'm in the potteries area and thus the Nazi's would of had to get through a lot of our defenses but my great aunt/uncle had a bomb luckily for them land in the back yard of the pub they ran
but it didn't go off.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Redneck war-birds with trees growing through them...

...Ya' know you're a redneck when...
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It is really a waste, so many good fighters get abandoned. Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company might has used Improve Video Quality to make ads for their products like F22, far better than Boeing.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: phatkhat
Retired Navy, Marine Corps fighters aren't supposed to be just lying around—especially not these.

Dunno why they dont just sell these steel shells to the public. So much for their committment to the enivornment. Supprised George Soros hasn't something about this.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

They must have served their country well... They look completely cannabalized... nothing there of value but the scrap metal left. I would love to have a jetfighter seat, pedals and the stick for my flight simulator tho..

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Would make excellent fishing reefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join