It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia PM says Trump attack came within an inch of war with Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Velatropa24

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: allsee4eye
More than 30 were intercepted by SA-22 Greyhounds near Tartus.

A couple of points. Well, four actually.

1. Where is the evidence that Russia shot down 30 cruise missiles. Only your word for this so far. I would have thought RT.com and other Russian propaganda sites would be broadcasting that fact by now, eh?
2. No disrespect to the Russians, but they won't try war so an inch is a mile.
3. All these fancy Russian missile systems have so far been unable to protect Syrian airspace. They are as good as cardboard cut-outs
4. Russia has no moral position in Syria since they did a Grozny on Aleppo, used cluster bombs in built up areas and have been uncritical of Assad’s brutality.

Yeah, US has all the moral position after such a great humanitarian job they can't seem to finish in Mosul. Not to mention the rest of the middle east they have destroyed. The Hypocrisy coming out of your mouth, can be matched only by that of your leaders.

Pointing out that Russia doesn't have the moral high ground is not the same as claiming the US has it.

The idiocy pouring out of your mouth is only matched by whatever drivel you read for "information."

Before pointing the finger at others, its alwYs a good idea to have a look of you are any better - go figure.

And, again, nobody here claimed the US has some moral high ground. You made that up and attacked it purely so you could dump on the US.

It's entirely possible to recognize that somebody else has problems and not pretend that you yourself don't.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Syrian refugees are better off in Arab countries. No culture shock.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Preliminary reports state 7 SAA soldiers killed by Trump attack.

twitter.com...

US strikes on Syria: Donald Trump's missile attack 'kills four children' as Russia condemns 'aggression'

US missile strikes on a Syrian air base have reportedly killed nine civilians - including four children - as Donald Trump launched the first direct American attack on Bashar Assad's regime.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Syrian refugees are better off in Arab countries. No culture shock.

There are plenty of Arab/Muslim communities in the US.

Just as there have been other ethnic communities.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

RT is giving that : lost in translation ? The Russian very likely did put the missiles down ; I don't think the msms or rt want to elucidate that though :

The public won't like it . They won't like it . Whoever did that chemical assault (if it happened) nearly started ww3 . It stinks. I heard the last chem attack was put by Clinton on Syria , and maybe Trump been duped by msms or isil or is a silly conclusion jumping tw6t , all by himself . Or they planned this Putin/Trump could be credible , putting to bed the old conspiracy theory and keeping the ghosts and spooks safe , sticking a fake news finger to the msms at the same time .

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Tensions are high and will remain so. A Russian Warship is heading toward the two US Destroyers that launched the missiles.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

1. Where is the evidence that Russia shot down 30 cruise missiles. Only your word for this so far. I would have thought RT.com and other Russian propaganda sites would be broadcasting that fact by now, eh?
3. All these fancy Russian missile systems have so far been unable to protect Syrian airspace. They are as good as cardboard cut-outs
4. Russia has no moral position in Syria since they did a Grozny on Aleppo, used cluster bombs in built up areas and have been uncritical of Assad’s brutality.

Yeah, US has all the moral position after such a great humanitarian job they can't seem to finish in Mosul. Not to mention the rest of the middle east they have destroyed. The Hypocrisy coming out of your mouth, can be matched only by that of your leaders.

Pointing out that Russia doesn't have the moral high ground is not the same as claiming the US has it.

The idiocy pouring out of your mouth is only matched by whatever drivel you read for "information."

Before pointing the finger at others, its alwYs a good idea to have a look of you are any better - go figure.

And, again, nobody here claimed the US has some moral high ground. You made that up and attacked it purely so you could dump on the US.

It's entirely possible to recognize that somebody else has problems and not pretend that you yourself don't.

Yes, it is possible. There is even a term for it - hypocrisy. Now, go back and read again what was said son, then come back to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, I'm not getting any of this choice of action.

And I am not particularly anti-war - - - but, I am anti-stupid. As when Bush (Cheney) were told by every middle east expert "You can't fight an ideology from the top down - - you will only create a hornets nest - - bringing more to their cause". Which is exactly what happened.

Is this Trump signaling to the world - - he's gonna be the "tough guy"? He's not going to be bullied?

Hmmmm, pedestal are for getting knocked off.

edit on 7-4-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I see this action as just another case of Trump acting before thinking. He got emotional after seeing the dead children killed by the Sarin gas attack and lashed out at Syria. Now he's created yet ANOTHER mess he has to explain to the public. This time he even has to answer to his own supporters for once.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

If there were any justice in the world Russia would be coming within an inch of war with the international community every time they attack hospitals and and kill civilians in Syria , they are propping up a despot and need to pull their neck in lest they lose their head.

Aint afraid of the big bad wolf ... come have a go if you think you're hard enough Vlad.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You just pinpointed why Trump should have stayed out of this.

O.K., well now its going to snow in Panama............we agree on something, if I read you correctly and are suggesting that Trump acted without actionable intel.

See: consortiumnews.com...

You'll have to actually read this because excerpts would make little sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If there were any justice in the world Russia would be coming within an inch of war with the international community every time they attack hospitals and and kill civilians in Syria , they are propping up a despot and need to pull their neck in lest they lose their head.

Aint afraid of the big bad wolf ... come have a go if you think you're hard enough Vlad.

Funny that. I haven't heard of a single hospital destroyed by the Russians, Ive heard of a few destroyed by US though, not to mention some mosques, iraqi troops etc...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
if I read you correctly and are suggesting that Trump acted without actionable intel.

You got it right on the nose.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Tensions are high and will remain so. A Russian Warship is heading toward the two US Destroyers that launched the missiles.

www.foxnews.com...

They going to Tartus logistics base , hopefully not to pick up the tactical nukes

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

These plans were announced way back in 2001 by the shadow powers that be,General Wesley Clark told us all about it in 2007,the temporary muppets in office be they Republican or Democrat just follow the invisible hands instructions what you see in Congress is theatre these guys all play golf together out of hours its all a show or video game unfortunately with the joysticks in the hands of the criminally insane.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The Medvedev tweet is accurate, the other tweets of shooting down the missiles aren't.

Not saying they didn't. But I doubt they did. Cruise missiles are fairly hard to shoot down.

So are you saying that tomahawk cruise missiles are pretty terrible if less than 50% hit their target?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

So.....basically Trump took his cue from NYT/CNN. CNN pumped this "Assad did it" theme all day yesterday.

I may be wrong but I'd bet that before the end of the weekend, CNN will pump out the "No Actionable Intel" theme to bash Trump.

Iraq/Bush redux.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yes, it is possible. There is even a term for it - hypocrisy. Now, go back and read again what was said son, then come back to me.

If anybody needs to go back and re-read anything here it's you kiddo. Nobody has claimed the US has the moral high ground. The only one that's come close is you when you claim that somebody else has done it.

Saying that Russian does not occupy the moral high ground is not saying that the US does, and no matter how hard you employ logical fallacies to try and conflate the two, it doesn't work.

You hate the US, we get it. The US does a lot of questionable things, but you don't need to go and make # up to get upset about. Try sticking to reality.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

i got a feeling that those pictures are bullsh@@, a tomahawk is 18 feet long and 20 foot with boater and two foot wide. carries about a 1000 pounds of explosives.

i maybe wrong but i don't think you can pack a 1000lbs into this.

edit on 7-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join