It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US carried out 70 strikes in Yemen between February 28 and April 2

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

As a tax payer, I call bull# on that. And, as a human, I'm outraged that any actor would think it can bomb or otherwise wage war covertly and with impunity. It seems asinine to decry Assad on the one hand and do the work of the Saudis on the other.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

As a tax payer, I call bull# on that. And, as a human, I'm outraged that any actor would think it can bomb or otherwise wage war covertly and with impunity. It seems asinine to decry Assad on the one hand and do the work of the Saudis on the other.

Call what you like on it, I'm neither condemning or condoning either set of acts (like anyone should actually care what I think), but there is a chasm of a difference performing military action against a terrorist group and firing missiles at facilities owned by a country you aren't at war with.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Just for the record, we're "supposedly" attacking Al Qaeda there. Independent observers are badly lacking. And it's not a coincidence that the Saudis (pro-Wahhabis), Al Qaeda in Yemen (also Wahhabis), and ISIS (also Wahhabis) are all fighting the Houthi coalition which is mostly led by Shiites.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Just for the record, we're "supposedly" attacking Al Qaeda there. Independent observers are badly lacking. And it's not a coincidence that the Saudis (pro-Wahhabis), Al Qaeda in Yemen (also Wahhabis), and ISIS (also Wahhabis) are all fighting the Houthi coalition which is mostly led by Shiites.

Well said enlightenedservant, I thank you for you thoughts on this.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No problem. I think it's all a clusterf__ and I don't believe either side's narratives there. None of them have been honest about what's going on.

Yemen's capital is the port city of Aden (HERE). And Yemen's access to both the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden make it a valuable "piece" for any geopolitical faction. I'm actually surprised that more major countries haven't officially jumped into the Yemen war because virtually everything that passes through the Suez Canal has to go through the Red Sea & Gulf of Aden.

There was no way that the West, Saudi Arabia, the GCC, and their allies were going to let a staunch ally of Iran have so much control over those. I'd actually respect the involved politicians much more if they just told the truth about the business angles of this crap.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
When will other countries take responsibility and contribute to this military campaign to help wipe out ISIS and other terrorist groups? We're not the only country who had terrorist attacks on our soil! This is just another example of the U.S. policing the world and sacrificing our men and women for the benefit of neighboring countries.

Do you reallty think its for the benefit of neighboring countries?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join