It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidents who want to prove they aren't weak..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Trump orders missile strike on Syria after chemical weapon attack on civilians

The president had spoken earlier this week in the Rose Garden of the White House about how the images he had seen of dead children had changed his opinion on Mr Assad.

But hey. Check this out:
US strikes on Syria: Donald Trump's missile attack 'kills four children' as Russia condemns 'aggression'

US missile strikes on a Syrian air base have reportedly killed nine civilians - including four children - as Donald Trump launched the first direct American attack on Bashar Assad's regime.

I guess those children's deaths aren't as troubling as the ones that "forced" Trump's hand.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Arnie123

It's pretty clear that Trump changed his mind on Syria due to looking at pictures of dead children killed by the Sarin gas attack. He literally let his emotions get the better of him and fired at Syria only two days after saying he wasn't going to interfere with them.

So America joining in WW2 was also a emotional response to the bombing of pearl harbor. Guess that was wrong too right? Guess the Japanese got the better of us right?

And those civlilians killed in the strike on that base understood being on a military base is dangerous and knew the risk. I dont believe th e children part of it unless i see actual bodies. Then again they could had been kept there as a excuse for propaganda.

edit on 17000000ppam by yuppa because: added informatio

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

It's pretty clear that Trump changed his mind on Syria due to looking at pictures of dead children killed by the Sarin gas attack. He literally let his emotions get the better of him and fired at Syria only two days after saying he wasn't going to interfere with them.

So America joining in WW2 was also a emotional response to the bombing of pearl harbor. Guess that was wrong too right? Guess the Japanese got the better of us right?

I don't recall anyone in Syria attacking or bombing an American military base into oblivion. Do you?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I don't recall anyone in Syria attacking or bombing an American military base into oblivion. Do you?

Pearl harbor Airbase was bombed to rubble much the same way. It was a COMPARISON. but you already knew that.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Pearl harbor Airbase was bombed to rubble much the same way. It was a COMPARISON. but you already knew that.

Oh i know what you are doing, and I'm refuting the comparison as valid. Pearl Harbor was an act of war where another country DIRECTLY attacked us. The Sarin gas attack was Asad gassing his own people (or a false flag by the rebels though I doubt that). At NO point were Americans in any danger and there was no need to retaliate against Asad for his attack. Yes, the chemical weapon attack is awful but that doesn't mean we need to be shooting missiles back at them for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I guess those children's deaths aren't as troubling as the ones that "forced" Trump's hand.

Remind me again what administration helped foster the quagmire that is now Syria?
You all spend 8 years blaming Bush for every inadequacy in the Obama administration.
Now you all cast the blame for anything Syria related to Trump who hasn't even been in office for 6 months?

Syria is largely the Democrats fault by becoming involved in the first place.
Arming "rebels"!

And people call republicans war mongers?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Uh. No. I am blaming Trump for launching missiles at Syria and that's it. I have at no point blamed Trump for the current situation in the country though. How about stop with the blatant strawmans and putting words in my mouth?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Oh i know what you are doing, and I'm refuting the comparison as valid. Pearl Harbor was an act of war where another country DIRECTLY attacked us. The Sarin gas attack was Asad gassing his own people (or a false flag by the rebels though I doubt that). At NO point were Americans in any danger and there was no need to retaliate against Asad for his attack. Yes, the chemical weapon attack is awful but that doesn't mean we need to be shooting missiles back at them for it.

Heres the thing though. Assad does not consider the people he had killed his people. So when he says He would not do such a thing he isnt lying. Yes no americans were in danger BUT others were and as such its justifiable.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

So you don't mind being the world police when Trump is in charge then?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

One event does not a World policeman make. No this time he was right. Each time is different. No i normally say let the rest of the planet burn.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

One event does not a World policeman make.

It does when it follows the pattern established by previous Presidents. For a president that is supposed to be bucking the norms, this is straight up Trump following in his predecessors' shoes.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I could be the toughest person on the planet if I knew I would never have to be the one to fight

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join