It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible lorry attack stockholm

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
THIS is why we need biometric cars and steering wheels that can check who is driving and shut off if need be.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

It's getting to be like some form of obscene groundhog day

(post by Omnik removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Religion is CANCER on the human race. But let us not pretend that Christians,Jews,Buddhists,Vodounistas,followers of Santeria,Hinduism and hoodoo etc regularly commit atrocities in this modern age. There is ONE religion that is more violent,oppressive,homocidal and dangerous than ALL the other ones combined.And that religion is ISLAM.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

It most certainly is
Unfortunately these attacks are very hard to detect and stop before they happen... all that can really be done is react when they occur and i fear they are getting more common as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So has Sven been named yet?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I have always said that in my opinion if we all woke up tomorrow and somehow religion had been wiped from the human conscious the world would be a much more tolerant and peaceful place...as this cant happen i think religion should be a personal and private matter and kept to yourself... i can respect that, and in return i would like it if my right to not believe in your brand of magic bearded sky man( insert your deity of choice here) was respected as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
THIS is why we need biometric cars and steering wheels that can check who is driving and shut off if need be.

No it's not, we don't need more controls and restrictions on our freedoms and liberty it will not solve the issue, instead the terrorists will find other means to enact their terror, while the good honest folk will suffer the punishments.

What we do need to do is try and eradicated the need to commit terrorism to get rid of it completely

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth

I have always said that in my opinion if we all woke up tomorrow and somehow religion had been wiped from the human conscious the world would be a much more tolerant and peaceful place...as this cant happen i think religion should be a personal and private matter and kept to yourself... i can respect that, and in return i would like it if my right to not believe in your brand of magic bearded sky man( insert your deity of choice here) was respected as well.

Without doubt 1 of the most accurate and sensible post EVER, sign more up to this logic please

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

Yes of course. What i hate so much,first and foremost about the Abrahamic religions,is that those 3 are what is fomenting,and has for thousands of years,the division between members of the human race,the control systems they are to their followers,the persecution and violence and cruelty and outright Murder that has occurred in the name of religion. The insistence of blind faith/belief that counteracts critical thinking and deductive conclusions.There needs to be one creed ONLY. HARM NONE. In addition you could even have: "Help wherever you can, those who genuinely need help because they are on Crap Street through no fault of their own."

That is ALL that is needed to see ANY race through,on ANY given planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: yuppa

No it's not, we don't need more controls and restrictions on our freedoms and liberty it will not solve the issue, instead the terrorists will find other means to enact their terror, while the good honest folk will suffer the punishments.

What we do need to do is try and eradicated the need to commit terrorism to get rid of it completely

Interesting thought but how do you accomplish such feat without alienating all of the "moderate" muslims. The scumbags of Daesh follow the Quran to the letter and are the devotest muslims on the planet. They hate infidels and want to spread the Islam all over the world with any means they deem necessary. They kill innocent civilians left and right and people still support them.

There is only one way to defeat them and that includes finding a solutionto reform the Quran. Take the women and gay hating stuff out for example and give them more rights but that's not what most muslim countries want. That's the reality. I hate every religion but at least some of them adapted to the new reality and evolved. They were willing to change and the Islam is never going to do that. Ever!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If you have been to sweden you will know that sitting outside every big store is a refugee begging for money (they are all dropped there in morning and picked up in the evening). If this lorry went through the front windows theres a good chance there will be one of his brothers was sat there.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: WeRpeons

Religion is CANCER on the human race. But let us not pretend that Christians,Jews,Buddhists,Vodounistas,followers of Santeria,Hinduism and hoodoo etc regularly commit atrocities in this modern age. There is ONE religion that is more violent,oppressive,homocidal and dangerous than ALL the other ones combined.And that religion is ISLAM.

All kinds of human fundamentalism, zealotry is a plague, whether it is religion or atheism, racist or any political power seeking agenda. The problem has always been the human mind, ideas and lack of clarity, which leads to seeking revenge and sense of superiority all based on superficial perception. Thus the Buddha among others wise teachers taught people no matter their situation how to meditate, focus inwards and overcome the suffering created by the confused mind, intellect that is out of touch with reality, there is actually great peace within if we can only silent the mind enough and listen, even when surrounded by turmoil.

Islam is used today as a weapon by fundamentalist, just like christian fundamentalists caused a disaster for the indigenous people of north america a few centuries ago in the name of their christian god, even the relative peaceful atheist Buddhist religion(more like philosophy) has opressed and killed people, just ask the followers of Bön in Tibet.

As for sweden today it needs to fix the immigration issue and start deporting people not respecting our modern western culture, but there is an obvious racist agenda here as well(and all over the world) that wants to paint Islam as the ultimate devil himself no matter the context, these people will use any opportunity to strengthen their agenda and recruit new followers just like the radical muslims themselves do, yesterday we had Hitler, today we have terrorism and i wonder what will be tomorrow? Unfortunately many are falling for this trap and their hatred is growing stronger for each passing day, this endless cycle of violence will never heal the world that we live in and thus what we despererately need is clarity, not giving in to our primitive urges of the reptilian part of the brain behaving like animals(or worse).

P.S. I apologize to the moderators for the content in my deleted post, didn't realize it was against the rules posting violent content as unfortunately seen in the swedish media today.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I have always said that in my opinion if we all woke up tomorrow and somehow religion had been wiped from the human conscious the world would be a much more tolerant and peaceful place...

Couldn't agree more.

As this cant happen i think religion should be a personal and private matter and kept to yourself... i can respect that.

The trouble with that sentiment is that they can't enjoy it for themselves....

they want, no they insist you also take part in their zeal of it and believe

that their belief alone is right.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
jihadist caught by police

defence.pk...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I posted the pic from your link.

"Look what's happening in Sweden."

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Media info:
Police have arrested an injured man (consistent with the man in the picture as police released at the press conferance earlier) in the Stockholm suburb of Märsta, which claims to be the one who carried out the attack in Stockholm ...
This information has not been confirmed officially.

EDIT:
Swedish Police has now confirmed the arrested of a man in Märsta, but will not confirm it's the guy in pic....
Also:
4 confirmed dead and 15 injured

edit on 472017 by BobbyRock because: New Info

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

more innocent deaths, the switch from suicide vests/bombs and guns to vehicles and blades is actually quite a clever move in a sick and twisted way on the terrorist part... it makes these attacks virtually impossible to detect and even harder prevent.

I'm actually surprised these trucks and cars havn't had any bombs attached to them. It's not that hard to get some gasoline and light a match whilst driving. I seem to emember a car parked near the Notre dame Museum with tanks of gasoline in the back.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wonder how long before lorries/trucks get declared a weapon of mass destruction, and cries for Truck control come to the west.

Terrorist whackjobs aren't very imaginative.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Omnik

Thank you for your well-thought out,concise reply.However my argument still stands,ISLAM is the religion,and the demographic of refugees that is IN THE PRESENT DAY the biggest threat to normal and tenable civil life and endeavour in the Western world..from fresh present day to generations ago- it is from the followers of ISLAM/offshoots of ISLAM that most attacks occur in the present day- and it is under the auspices of ISLAM that millions upon upon millions of BABIES,girls and women have had their lives either ruined or brutally terminated!!! And gay individuals murdered in cold blood! you know,just let someone who is more vocally apt than me,tell you.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join