It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government 'fully supports' US air strike in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: KTemplar

You have not understood the situation correctly.

I will spell it out for you.

IT IS NOT ANY OF THE UNITED STATES' BUSINESS!

Given that western intelligence organisations have been caught out aiding and coordinating jihadist factions in Aleppo, for which they justly got blown to kingdom come by Russia, I fail to see how it is that America sees itself as a fit player to put any fire down on that country, for ANY reason. They have caused the vast majority of the problems Syria faces, and no amount of bombing they can do will ever solve that.

Sometimes to catch the wolf you have to lie down with them.

None of our business: I'm glad people didn't feel that way about the halocaust!

You should research history a bit more, the holocaust wasn't the cause of WW2, it was an effect.

link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Now what happens when Syria or Russia shoots down a US jet?

Then we get to go in and absolutely, completely, totally, and entirely ... remove the threat.

Can you imagine what World Confidence in Russian Air Defense capabilities would become? Russia wouldn't make another sale to anyone.

And their pipeline through Syria? Set back by decades and decades. Putin wouldn't see it in his lifetime.

link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Fake new blah blah. We can play that game all day, i have no time for it.

As for Assad using Chemical weapons:
1) I see no evidence of it being him
2) 2 day is hardly enough time for any investigation.
3)Assad was winning. He had no motive to use chemical attacks.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Then we get to go in and absolutely, completely, totally, and entirely ... remove the threat.

Can you imagine what World Confidence in Russian Air Defense capabilities would become? Russia wouldn't make another sale to anyone.

And their pipeline through Syria? Set back by decades and decades. Putin wouldn't see it in his lifetime.

Russia wont make a sale to anyone because there wont be any customers.......WE WILL ALL BE #ING DEAD!

link   

You have not understood the situation correctly.

I will spell it out for you.

IT IS NOT ANY OF THE UNITED STATES' BUSINESS!

Given that western intelligence organisations have been caught out aiding and coordinating jihadist factions in Aleppo, for which they justly got blown to kingdom come by Russia, I fail to see how it is that America sees itself as a fit player to put any fire down on that country, for ANY reason. They have caused the vast majority of the problems Syria faces, and no amount of bombing they can do will ever solve that.

Sometimes to catch the wolf you have to lie down with them.

None of our business: I'm glad people didn't feel that way about the halocaust!

You should research history a bit more, the holocaust wasn't the cause of WW2, it was an effect.

I didn't say it was the cause - I was referring to ignoring mass murder

link   

originally posted by: southbeach

Hold your horses spud its not like the Western Governments and the whore main stream media have never been implicit on directing the destruction of sovereign countries by outright lies to start horrible wars and conflicts.
And give me a list of your version real news agencies.

I'm neither condemning nor condoning what Trump authorised as no one wants the world police. That however does not take away the fact that the Assad dictatorship is a brutal regime on its own people.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Fake new blah blah. We can play that game all day, i have no time for it.

As for Assad using Chemical weapons:
1) I see no evidence of it being him
2) 2 day is hardly enough time for any investigation.
3)Assad was winning. He had no motive to use chemical attacks.

You had the time to make your own judgements when the facts have been available for the last few years as to how Assad treats his own people.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

To sit back and do nothing while children are being gassed would be the real crime!

Except the US likely attacked the WRONG people.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Yes, that is an ingenious move to directly engage a nation that has over 2,000 nuclear warheads pointed directly at you and has stated on numerous occasions nuclear response WILL be the response to conventional warfare between Russia and the US.

Also, you REALLY shouldn't underestimate Russian air defense. It's better than ours.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Actually, many did.

That is why it took so long for the US to enter the war. Its also worth pointing out, that Assad is not looking to expand his nations territory. He is responding to a jihadist rebellion, spawned largely by western foreign policy. There is a rather large difference.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: southbeach

I'm neither condemning nor condoning what Trump authorised as no one wants the world police. That however does not take away the fact that the Assad dictatorship is a brutal regime on its own people.

I agree with you on the Assad regime it's not anywhere near a free state but tbh i am gutted Trump has authorized this attack just as much as I was fuming when the British Prime Minister was doing his best 4 years ago to convince parliament to authorize the bombing of Syria.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Actually, many did.

That is why it took so long for the US to enter the war. Its also worth pointing out, that Assad is not looking to expand his nations territory. He is responding to a jihadist rebellion, spawned largely by western foreign policy. There is a rather large difference.

Sadly it wasn't a jihadist rebellion to begin with was it? The people of Syria initially tried to hold peaceful demonstrations against his increasingly brutal regime and those demonstrations were met by violence, ultimately leading to rebellion and effectively civil war. Assad, or rather his military, presumably at his command has made use of chemical weapons before against his own people amongst other atrocities. The links below vary in depth, but are interesting.

www.securitycouncilreport.org...
www.independent.co.uk...

The chaos created in a time of civil war certainly allowed terrorist groups to engage, but to suggest they are the reason for the conflict itself is straight out of RT.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
"Your brother may be wrong sometimes but he's always your brother. "

Public support for this and questions in private is the way to handle all this.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Seems that there may be some thinking people in the US but not really in MSM

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Australia reporting in as deputy dog for team Great Satan our imperious leader and his minions fully approve also

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

But it hasn't been wrong either. I support this military strike.,

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Vector99

But it hasn't been wrong either. I support this military strike.,

The pentagon gets it wrong all the bloody time.

No one has shown me any evidence anyway or even told me a logical reason why assad would even use gas!

This was likley a ploy by the terrorists who are losing to drag the USA on there side and Trump like a idiot fell for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
from the day that assad is gone syria will be ruled by isis and other terrorist groups....
the same situation as irak afghanistan lybia ect ect....
is that wat the world wants? reply to: crazyewok

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

It would seem that somebody wants it.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Good time to buy shares in BAE systems, BP, Boeing and Lockheed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join