It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government 'fully supports' US air strike in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
UK fully supports the USA

The UK government says it "fully supports" the US missile strike against an air base in Syria over a suspected chemical weapons attack.
Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said the PM had been "informed throughout" but the UK was not asked to take part.
He described the strike as "limited" and "wholly appropriate".

Just as I thought the UK fully supporting this crime.

Well the UK government might support it but I don't.

Assad using chemical weapons makes no sense! More likely a Jihadi group trying to trigger a response from the west. Hell I would not be suprised if UK mi6 did it! Selling the terrorists weapons was becoming politically unviable so manufacture a incident so gain sympathy for them.

Lots of money is going to be made now in UK arms sales to the terrorist groups.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Theresa May wants to be the next Tony Blair apparently.

After all there's never any recourse for our leaders with their baseless wars of aggression and all the crimes that come with them. Instead they got rewarded with directorships and NGO positions for murdering hundreds of thousands of people.

Less than 4 years since Obama tried this exact same nonsense. People's memories are far too short.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Here we go again... i didn't think it would be long before we got a response from our government in support of these strikes.

We may not have been asked to take part in this instance but i would bet a £ to a piece of sh*t we will end up more heavily involved now that the USA has chosen to strike Assad directly, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if we could concentrate the fire power on the right targets.

Asserting Assad did this with no proper investigation makes no sense as Assad actually being the culprit makes no sense either, surely he would of known the sh*t storm that would follow if he did?

edit on 7-4-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I would like to add my outrage and utter disgust to your own, with regard to this matter.

This entirely transparent move, coming so soon after Saudi arms deals going through between the Saudis and the UK, does absolutely nothing to hide from the critical observer, the intent behind it, or the likely origin of the chemical attack being used to legitimise it.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Ironically Lavrov called this reminiscent of Iraq in 2003, another time the UK stood fully behind the US mistakenly.

This shouldn't have happened, and shouldn't be supported. I figured the usual suspects would support it (SA, Israel, Turkey), but that looks bad for you guys now too.

If only our governments actually represented the PEOPLE....sigh, I digress.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

The thing that contradicts such a theory is that Trump said it is a one off. It relates to the use of the gas.

If we see more bombs from America and escalation then I'll go with your thing here more.

I stay safe and don't believe any of them right now. War is war and murderers are murderers.

It is unbelievably screwed up. How do you untangle a situation like this?

We have to keep Israel in the equation. Children are being gassed just a few miles away from Tel Aviv. That's #ing scary. I am out for the survival of Israel and the Jewish people. I make no excuses about that. To be of a pacific nature yet have the people you love in constant danger is kinda hard to get around. It makes me feel a bit insane actually.

Perhaps on this occasion Trump is just telling Russia and Iran to go # themselves if they make a theater of war where gas is being used as a weapon?

We'll soon know if there are any plans for escalation and direct military action by America and UK, or if we start to see rebel and IS gains because Assad's military has been struck a heavy strategic blow that works in America's interests for the rebels they back. Who are they backing anyway? They never directly tell us. How dirty can it be?

edit on 7-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

What a strange state of affairs! Russia doing everything legal with regards to international law. Demonising Putin at every turn saying he murders his opposition, now I am thinking that maybe its not Putin killing his opposition, but someone else trying to make him look bad. Nothing in the Western media seems to be the truth anymore. Theirs a war going on for hearts and minds to start a war.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
No surprise here as far as the OP title.. welcome to WMD's 3.0 unless a daily intake of Coco Puffs has hindered ones memory..

I swear...those that peddle the bike are just simply destined to do so generation after generation apparently..

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

In Syria, yea Russia is the one in the right. How is that for a WTF!!! Russia? Good?

Putin does assassinate his serious political opponents though. Well probably not personally, but they always seem to meet the same fate under suspicious circumstances. Nemtsov comes to mind in recent times.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Deaths around the Clintons, Deaths around Putin. Deaths around the UK parliament when Pedo whistleblowers threaten them. The world is going to hell in a handbasket real fast. www.breitbart.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yup...time to drink up, turn off the news, and sit back and just think. Maybe look into a nice little house in the mountains.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
loll just those country's who are taking no syrian refugies fully supports the US attack........the biggest hypocrits....a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I cant beleive Trump fell for "Assad did it!"in the first place,it's management error 101 when you have a knee jerk reaction and lash out,I hope cooler heads prevail until we are all fully satisfied that Assad did indeed engage in a chemical attack.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

To sit back and do nothing while children are being gassed would be the real crime!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

It would and most people understand this, however are the right targets being hit... is it 100% cast iron guaranteed and confirmed that Assad ordered the chemical attacks? i for one will never take US and UK Intel at face value again not since the Iraq and WMD claims.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth

It would and most people understand this, however are the right targets being hit... is it 100% cast iron guaranteed and confirmed that Assad ordered the chemical attacks? i for one will never take US and UK Intel at face value again not since the Iraq and WMD claims.

It happened on their watch, are they really that incompetent then?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

To sit back and do nothing while children are being gassed would be the real crime!

You are of course correct but lets be 100% right in nailing the guilty people.
Most of us on here are suspicious of the "official" narrative after WMDs and the first chemical attack in Syria where the British Government was frothing at the mouth to bomb Assad based on shaky evidence.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

originally posted by: nickovthenorth

It happened on their watch, are they really that incompetent then?

You do realize they are kind of in the middle of a civil war along with an attempted radicalized coup right?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Oh far from it the US and UK Intel agencies are probably the best in the world especially in combined efforts...its just they only tell/show us the info they want to fit with whatever their narrative is... basically they lie and deceive a lot.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
UK fully supports the USA

The UK government says it "fully supports" the US missile strike against an air base in Syria over a suspected chemical weapons attack.
Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said the PM had been "informed throughout" but the UK was not asked to take part.
He described the strike as "limited" and "wholly appropriate".

Just as I thought the UK fully supporting this crime.

Well the UK government might support it but I don't.

Assad using chemical weapons makes no sense! More likely a Jihadi group trying to trigger a response from the west. Hell I would not be suprised if UK mi6 did it! Selling the terrorists weapons was becoming politically unviable so manufacture a incident so gain sympathy for them.

Lots of money is going to be made now in UK arms sales to the terrorist groups.

Do you ever actually read, you know, real news for grown ups? Assad has been accused with good grounding of using chemical weapons before and of barrel bombing Syrian civilians. It's only because Putin used to be his BFF and China have sat on the fence that has stopped the UN taking direct action since at least 2013.

The fake news some people are more keen to swallow is that Assad is the good guy and all the problems in Syria are down to IS. No, IS are exploiting the situation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join