It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Threatened Twitter — Unmask Dissident Accounts Or Else

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

False.

Your bias is showing, big time.

Perhaps you should consider actually reading the article before commenting on it? Lol

I did read it. I also read the summons and much of the response. You've got nothing but a tendency to repeat what you read.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Interesting case, here.

Its using the word "unmasking" only because of its current favor in daily vernacular. That isn't what is really happening, and it would have never been referred to as such in the past. I find that to be morose, honestly. But expect the trend will continue, and will forever been known as the word for removing anonymity.

If someone is on Twitter talking about things which are classified or in violation of a law, then I don't think that user has a right to first amendment protection. This seems more like Trump targeting moles within his administration who do not qualify as whistleblowers, it doesn't seem like targeting dissidents. If he were to go after one of the fake Trump accounts or random loudmouths on social media, then it would be targeting dissidents.

Im glad to see the ACLU engaging this case, however. The last 3-4 years I was starting to wonder if they had any real relevance left. I dont always agree with them....but they always fight the fight of the little man.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They have withdrawn the suit against Twitter.

I guess it wasn't going the way they hoped it would. I honestly think it was a backdoor test run to see how Twitter would react and to hopefully set a precedent so they could go after whomever they want.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Testing the waters so to speak?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

GOOD!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Sounds just like things the Obama administration did only they always got full cooperation from social media sites.
There were plenty of death threats against the President on Twitter.
Do you think they deserve to remain anonymous?

So every criticizer of Trump should be treated like a person that issued a death threat?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Sounds just like things the Obama administration did only they always got full cooperation from social media sites.
There were plenty of death threats against the President on Twitter.
Do you think they deserve to remain anonymous?

No death threats. No leaking of classified information either. In fact, there was no crime involved. And had there been a crime committed or suspected, CBP wouldn't have been the agency to investigate. Also, if there had been a death threat or similar, I'd expect that the investigating agency would obtain a warrant.

Pretty much everything about what happened is wrong and the fact that the user was targeted for political activism should greatly concern everyone.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The cult is strangely quiet on this one. Where is UKTruth to desperately defend it?

Perhaps after dead kids in Mosul, dead kids in Syria last night, and now trying to breach the citizens ' first amendment rights they're starting to wake up a bit.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
just an FYI its illegal to pose as a federal employee or officer. so if your trying to equate this to what susan rice did, your in the wrong universe. US code 912 if it werent for the users claiming to be federal employees and officials and they were just being critical of the president then id agree its wrong. unfortunately they tried to claim to be someone they are most likely not, and if they are well there will be other violations they made.
edit on 7-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

How much time do you think you spend thinking about Trump, on average? How much of your life has been consumed by this strange obsession?

You clearly spend hours upon hours writing about Trump, so I am just curious as to how much of your life you are devoting to fantasizing about the POTUS.

Too. Much. Winning.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

How much time do you think you spend thinking about Trump, on average? How much of your life has been consumed by this strange obsession?

You clearly spend hours upon hours writing about Trump, so I am just curious as to how much of your life you are devoting to fantasizing about the POTUS.

It's called "journalism."

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
The cult is strangely quiet on this one. Where is UKTruth to desperately defend it?

Perhaps after dead kids in Mosul, dead kids in Syria last night, and now trying to breach the citizens ' first amendment rights they're starting to wake up a bit.

Hope has not yet expired.
Nor has resistance.

Whatever this thing is, it's not normal. And attempts to make it normal are going to fail. Obviously.

Thank all spirits and elements ---- Bannon's toxic ass is OUT OF THE ROOM.
Who knows what he's up to now, but this entire spectacle is totally suspect.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: Winstonian

It's called "journalism."

More like "Yournullism"

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So to sum it up:

All the millions of Federal employees are now part of a hive mind controlled by Donald Trump.. Whatever they do, Trump's fault.

Also, if you publicly criticize the company you work for, the HR department will be violating your 1st amendment rights if they try to track you down and fire you.

That's some good journalizing.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

Also, if you publicly criticize the company you work for, the HR department will be violating your 1st amendment rights if they try to track you down and fire you.
1st amendment protections don't apply to the private sector (notice that people get banned from ATS). They do apply to criticism of the government, however. The government can't make a law that says you can't criticize the government. That's what the 1st amendment says.

edit on 4/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow, Trump being a fascist.

What about all the morons claiming there's no evidence of Trump being a fascist?? Are they going to admit their stupidity now?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

1st amendment protections don't apply to the private sector (notice that people get banned from ATS). They do apply to criticism of the government, however. The government can't make a law that says you can't criticize the government. That's what the 1st amendment says.

www.governing.com... lic-employees.html

The general public can criticize the government. Employees cannot. It's tolerated a little if constructive, not disruptive.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This whole thing is #'ed up and all it takes is for us to stop routine.

Wishful thinking.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Wow, Trump being a fascist.

What about all the morons claiming there's no evidence of Trump being a fascist?? Are they going to admit their stupidity now?

Provide evidence that Trump was even involved, else your insults reflect on yourself.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

i think the part most are missing is that it had to do with them posing as a federal officer or employee which is illegal to do. atleast id hope thats why they were trying to find out their identity cause even if they were a federal employee or officer then they may be in violation with whatever code of conduct is required of them. which would correlate with them trying to shut down leaks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join