It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump having the Balls to do what Obama could not: Following through on the Red Line Crossed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The media is now starting to take the side of skeptics who claim that the gas attack may not have been done by Assad.

The russia narrative they have been pushing for months has also been silenced, and other countries will think twice to cross the US when they know Trump will stand by his word and pull the trigger.

There is a bigger game afoot here.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: allsee4eye

She made a statement this afternoon that he should take out Assads air force. Today ...
Then he did.

It takes two days to mobilize and coordinate an attack like this.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Passivism too is choice, and in hindsight, considering that the gas attacks continued, the wrong one.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Stevemagegod

Too bad it was congress that failed to act not Obama.
He put it forth to them and no one even wanted to vote on it. No one wanted another war on their hands.
They didn't vote. They pretended not to even hear.

Obama did eventually act. He made a deal with your boy Putin. The deal turned out to be a bad one, and chemical attacks only continued.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I do cling to the hope that this is just another case of 12D underwater tiddly-winks on Trump's part, but jeezes man. This bullsh!t with Syria has to end.

I agree though that the media's Russia angle is officially BTFO.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I dont blame obama he tried to get support against syria and it wasnt there, Congress backed down as well as our allies. No one wanted to spend the time to deal with him and didnt want to go on the record either.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Passivism too is choice, and in hindsight, considering that the gas attacks continued, the wrong one.

Rationalize as you personally require, but my position has never been based on passivitsm in this. When it was Obama trying to convince lawmakers to support an attack on Syria, I stood in the "What Assad does to his own people is not America's circus, not our monkeys." I say the same here and now. Trump campaigned on a position of no more Team America: World Police" unless it involved an ally who was footing the bill for America's hired goon shtick. Unless the peasants of Syria are hiding some serious jack under their mattresses, I don't see any dollars, or sense in this decision.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Balls?

Well, yes. I suppose the thinking that made this look like a good idea is the sort you would expect from someone who keeps his brains in his scrotum.

However, for all that it might feel good for America to be swinging its phallus in the face of the world again, it is worth pointing out that a great deal of the reason that the world is even in the poor shape it is in today, has to do with American foreign policy, profit led excuses for wars that could not be adequately justified at the time, regardless of terror attacks on the US and its allies, and cannot be justified now.

All that happened when these bombs landed, is escalation. There will now be more radicals, more terrorists, more orphans, more widows than there were the day before, and that is the only difference that this impotent assault has made to anything. And Burdman nailed it earlier, when they said that the incident this air strike was allegedly in response to, was none of the US's business. It is not.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Incidentally, oil prices are up due to the action against Syria. (Tillerson and Putin are happy about that?)

Also, is it just me or is it weird that Trump warned Russia about the US attack but did not inform Congress??

Ah. Oil and bombs. Just like the good old days.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Russia reports 6 MiG-23 jets were destroyed by Trump.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Oh boy damn that clinton starting ww3, what was she thinking, too bad you guus did not elect trump, he promised not to get involved in syria...

edit on 7-4-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Boy oh boy. No one said he did. God almighty. Try to follow ok...
Basically they had the same idea about what should be done. She said it. He did it.
No he didn't take his orders from Hillary no one said he did.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So?
What's your point?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Russia reports 6 MiG-23 jets were destroyed by Trump.

twitter.com...

FOX reports 20 Syrian aircraft destroyed.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

So?
What's your point?

My point is that Hillary heard of the upcoming attack and decided to try to make personal political capital of it by blabbing.

Typical self-serving Clinton.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

So ill ask again. What's your point?

That she's not entitled to an opinion? What?
Surely you have some point to make. What is it?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Balls?

Well, yes. I suppose the thinking that made this look like a good idea is the sort you would expect from someone who keeps his brains in his scrotum.

However, for all that it might feel good for America to be swinging its phallus in the face of the world again, it is worth pointing out that a great deal of the reason that the world is even in the poor shape it is in today, has to do with American foreign policy, profit led excuses for wars that could not be adequately justified at the time, regardless of terror attacks on the US and its allies, and cannot be justified now.

All that happened when these bombs landed, is escalation. There will now be more radicals, more terrorists, more orphans, more widows than there were the day before, and that is the only difference that this impotent assault has made to anything. And Burdman nailed it earlier, when they said that the incident this air strike was allegedly in response to, was none of the US's business. It is not.

Id say assad leads to terrorism growing. When he does stupid things like barrel bombing and gassing civilians people want revenge. In their search for revenge they will join anyone fighting against assad including Isis.

The other thing from an international point of view, If we allow any two bit dictator to commit war crimes without a response it means others could consider this a preferable method to handle their people. Without someone striking Syria what would happen you get a letter from the UN telling you you're evil. And the world press would tell you you're evil however that's it the consequences to a dictator are really a joke. At least now assaad knows use chem weapons lose an airbase. Hes got what 5 more i think.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Once again, you cannot excuse bombing Assad's forces, without a lengthy investigation to find out who did what, when and how. These things take far more than two days, regardless of what one thinks of ones intelligence services, and yet again, the United States intelligence infrastructure, as well of that of its other western allies, is not to be trusted, and you would have thought that Trump of all people, would understand this.

The last time anyone trusted the word of United State intelligence service members on a matter of foreign deployment, the only result was the creation of a greater terrorist threat than any previously seen. Of course, it would have been, because IS is simply a catch all term for a huge number of intelligence industry puppet organisations, whose reason to exist is to destabilise regions that the US would like a greater amount of control in, or to cause military action which will make money for those who own the armament companies and research and development companies who build the bombs, the guns, the bullets, the high accuracy GPRS guidance systems and head up displays, and run PMCs (like those run by Erik Prince, the private army owning sociopath who happens to be a close associate of Trump).

But never mind the fact that the threat facing Assad is western controlled jihadi proxy armies, lets bomb his air fields, while our operatives in the area, that is the suicide bombing bastards that people claim we have been fighting for fifteen years and more, do even more harm to the countries infrastructure, tear down schools to build bunkers, kill innocent people left and right for kicks, and all of that, never mind the reality of the thing, lets just have some more damned Kool-Aid!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So ill ask again. What's your point?

That she's not entitled to an opinion? What?
Surely you have some point to make. What is it?

Put on your glasses, dear...and please reread my last post. TY.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yep lol!

Two things:

1) Hillary Clinton calls for strikes against Syria
2)

That's amazing. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join