It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Question is... who deliberately created the CHAOS in the ME in regards to OIL....

I think you know who...

Oil is the reason why the ME has been used as a whipping boy since Oil was discovered there WAY BACK WHEN...

It is not OK for those who have created the CHAOS, to enrich themselves on the blood of our military, and the innocents in the region...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I think we both know who.

The biggest mistake of all was abandoning the gold standard for the oil standard, which is what the dollar-oil peg really is. It was done for pure, unadulterated profit, and sold to us as a way to prevent economic downturns... which apparently has never worked.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Agree... OPEC was a welcome finger pointing target, that was allowed to happen... to distract from the real source of energy manipulation...

OPEC is done in their eyes, that's why the recent meetings haven't budged the market...

Bunch of $$$ grubbing folks, trying to pull the wool over our eyes again...

Too bad they unleashed the internet... the folks weren't as conditioned as their metrics presented...

That's why their is a concerted effort to STIFLE free speech and the dissemination of TRUTH...

The GLobalists are in 100% "Bottle the GENIE" mode...

No matter your political leanings, We must fight to protect the free flow of information...

Critical time for everyone...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

OPEC was orchestrated by the oil investors to leverage our friendship with the Sauds across the rest of the Middle East. I call it the Oil Peg Ensurement Committee.

It worked well for some time, until our arrogance got us kicked the heck out of Iran back in the 70s. The dictator we put in power (overthrowing Iran's democratically elected parliament), Reza Shah, died, leaving his son, Mohammed Reza Shah, in charge. He was an exceptionally brutal dictator and was overthrown. We scurried him out of the country and into hiding. In response, a group of rebels, primarily students, seized the US Embassy and took the Americans there hostage. Their demand: return the Shah. Our response: No.

Iran broke with OPEC and nationalized their oil industry... essentially commandeering American oil interests in the process. They depegged from the dollar and found a willing trade partner in energy-starved Russia. Americans were not allowed inside their borders, to the point that even the CIA was unable to infiltrate them to stop the ruble-oil exchanges. They've hated us ever since. We managed to overthrow the government in every other single country that threatened to depeg since (Arab Springs), until now in Syria. When Syria began to ally itself with Iran, we tried. But both Russia, who had discovered its own oil reserves, and Iran saw the strategic location Syria held and stepped in. The pipeline just intensified the issue.

That leaves OPEC no longer the only game in town.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: crazyewok
The rebels are and were in possession of Sarin
www.globalresearch.ca...
www.reuters.com...
And our former Potus armed them. Then Schumer and the neocons and whoever else gives intel convinced Trump that an airstike against the military installation would be a good call. Remember the CFR runs things at high levels in both parties. Trump actually had bi partisan support on this. As I've posted elsewhere, before Trump was inaugurated we had the Pentagon arming one faction fighting against CIA trained factions fighting Assad. That goes back to 2013 according to my searches. What would anyone expect Trump to do under those conditions knowing both the Demos and GOP working against him
And to control him?
edit on 9-4-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be nice if the US military was deployed to spread Freedom like we experience in our Constitutional Republic, rather than propping up dictators who can control their people as long as the US get's their resources?

Promoting the gift of our ancestors fight for this grand experiment has been usurped by folks who are no better than the folks who secured our sovereignty...

My utopia is protecting our Constitution... It would be nice if our elected promoted that across the globe, rather than propping up brutal dictators, for monetary gain...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It may be of interest to note that CIA coordinated
military aid for the Syrian Rebels ended around
the time of Trumps inauguration, according to
the Free Syrian Army (rebels)

Of course, the unnamed officials say this has
nothing to do with Trump.

www.reuters.com...

The Free Syrian Army ( FSA ) is the rebel alliance "voice".

In related news, those fighting with the FSA end up fighting
those sent in by The Pentagon.

www.latimes.com...

If these news sources can be trusted, that is.
And unnamed officials...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Your observations on the character of the Russian People are astute. Many people in Russia and in the Baltic States , view the Soviet Union as the good old days. In the same way those same people will view Putin's intervention in Syria as a return to form. In the interests of remaining on topic, I will save my additional thoughts on the Ukraine for another day.

Now that events have passed the point of no return, the old order in Syria cannot be restored. The biggest mistake Trump and his advisers could make would involve not accepting the death of the old order. After WW2, the French refused to accept the end of the colonial order. The French would try and fail to restore colonial rule via the use of Military force in Indochina and Algeria.

Bear the Kurds in mind, the Kurds are fighting for nationhood as much as they are out to destroy ISIS and co. Once the war in Syria ends or winds down, the Kurds will not accept a dictator in Damascus ruling over them. On the other hand, Syria could also end up the Somalia of the Middle East Region. Putin's aim may well involve having Iran loosely control a failed state known to day as Syria.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I tend to agree that things can never return to the status quote, but in many ways that is the status quote in the Middle East.

The history goes back literally to Biblical times. Abraham was promised an heir by God at an advanced age, and when the miracle didn't occur in her time frame, his wife Sarah convinced Abraham to have a child with his hand maiden Hagar. He did: Ismael. But then Sarah conceived Isaac, fulfilling the promise. Isaac and Ismael were raised as brothers, but jealousy caused Sarah to finally demand Abraham expel Hagar and Ismael from his tribe.

Isaac would beget a line of descendents we today call the Hebrews. Ismael would beget the Arabic peoples. The anger from that beginning still runs strong today.

The Hebrews would settle in a fertile area, while the Arabic people learned to survive as nomads. Their lifestyle prohibited the development of Western-like culture; thievery was often necessary to survival, so the concept of thief as an actual occupation became acceptable. One was expected to be strong enough to survive, and was only worthy of the goods he could protect from thieves. This only changed in the early 1900s when other countries found oil under the sand.

Since then, the various Arabic countries have struggled to evolve past their barbaric (to us) past. During WWII, they got to see up close and personal the various countries. While both the British and the Soviets invaded Iran, the British instituted Mohammed Reza Shah, the brutal dictator I earlier mentioned. After the war, the British were seen as conquering and deposing the Palestinians to form the new country of Israel, replacing the remaining Hebrews with the Jewish people who now had white skin and acted like the British.

Given the choice, Iran would rather ally with Russia, especially since Russia aided them by buying their oil after the Iranian Hostage Crisis. That alliance is strong, as Iran considers friendship very important like most Arabic countries.

Syria's relationship with Iran is strong as well. Being the only primarily Sunni nation in the Middle East, Iran has always fought with the other Arabic countries. Syria does not persecute Sunnis despite being technically a Shiite nation. The Syria-Russia relationship is based on the mutual ties with Iran, and of course the strategic location of Syria.

There us only one way to stop this dynamic, and I simply do not see it happening. That is for us assist with the pipeline construction and Russia agree to continue the dollar peg, at least until we can get debt under control. Assad, in the grand scheme of things, would become irrelevant, Iran would no longer be considered a threat, and all countries could prosper. But we have a lot of distrust built up over decades of scandalous activity, and it will be hard now to gain Russia's trust.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I really cant believe what I just read. The ignorance is shocking.

You obviously dont know a thing about Arabic history.

I dont even know where too start........

To dismiss them are theiving nomad barabians is just nonsense.

From 900-1600 the arabs where more culturally and scientifically advanced than there European counterparts, its only since the 1900 they have been sliding backwards.

I am not even a Muslim apologist and make my far share of anti Islam threads but know there is far more to arabic culture and history than what you have listed.

I dont want to come off as cruel or arrogant to you but PLEASE read up on you history in this area as it is cleary a weak point for you.
edit on 10-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

To dismiss them are theiving nomad barabians is just nonsense.

I will have you know I have done nothing of the sort!

I am discussing differences in cultural norms and the reasons these differences exist. Far from degrading the Arabic people, I admire their strength of will and ability to thrive under harsh conditions. Persia, now Iran, was the birthplace of algebra, the foundation of higher math. The architecture is astonishingly fantastic. They are far more honest and hospitable, IMO, than most other cultures.

If you will actually read what I wrote and try to comprehend the message on an intellectual level as presented, you will realize that the people I degrade in that post are the BRITISH. And your knee-jerk, spun and twisted response is a perfect indication of why. You take the my mention of a cultural difference and try to force it into the context of your culture.

Can you get any more racist?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

....after all, History begins at Sumer, as Noah Kramer once said.

Lets hope it doesn't end there. (Sumer is in southern Iraq, i know, it just sounded clever).

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We aren't just doomed, we are MF Doomed

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManuelB60

No, the dark side just won a round in a sneaky way leaving a question mark next to the name Trump
which could be a part of the plan too. Wrong intel is BS. You'd need to drug the old Trump with scopolamine first to make him buy this story.
We have been doomed if he was always the dark side. With the hand signs and all that sick stuff.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have caught a autumn cold. In lieu of a more complete analysis, I would offer the following points for you to chomp on.

People will come up with different interpretations of current and historical events. Objectivity, how objective people are can be determined by a number of different factors. For instance, I use to extensively discuss military history with a former American friend of mine. As an American, more rational and objective opinions on ANZAC and British Empire military history were forthcoming from my former friend. By the same token, I was able to able to offer a alternate stand point on the American Civil War.

So what now, drives my own views on the Syrian Civil War? Intellectual honestly, I will provide a short answer in the interests of transparency. The ghost of the German High Command in the lead up to and during WW2 has come back from the grave. The Syrian military has abdicated any kind of moral responsibility on two fronts, see below.

The failure by senior Syrian military commanders to effect regime change, when Assad refused to go peacefully, leading to the current bloodbath. Permitting, overseeing and conducting chemical warfare ,provides me with a insight into the nature of the Syrian war machine. Like the moral and practical failings of the German High Command in WW2, the Syrian military will face eternal historical damnation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: ManuelB60

No, the dark side just won a round in a sneaky way leaving a question mark next to the name Trump
which could be a part of the plan too. Wrong intel is BS. You'd need to drug the old Trump with scopolamine first to make him buy this story.
We have been doomed if he was always the dark side. With the hand signs and all that sick stuff.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My bet is that there are many Russian scientists and technicians who are really happy with the success of their anti-missile systems against the recent SLCM activity.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hopefully Trump won't make this mistake of attacking Syria anymore. He was right in the campaign, bombing Syria only helps ISIS.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

Trump is now a "made man" within the criminal organization that is the federal government. Inside the Beltway version of Cosa Nostra.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I officially give up. I am going back to attending my personal life, my family life, my homeowning life......

I give up.

This man who is POTUS will do whatever the last person he talked to told him to do.
He has no compass. It's all chaos and handlers and media and spin and bull#. There are no more craps to give from my end. You all do whatever. I'm moving forward, and making progress.

Farewell.

edit on 4/14/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

The original definition of this term "farewell" was, 100s of years ago, "do the right thing." "Do yourself proud." "Gitrdun"

Now it just means "shove off and whatever."

edit on 4/14/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89 >>

join