It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: crazyewok

You accuse me of providing only binary options where sometimes there are only binary options. There is reality, and then there is whatever it is you want. You can scream and flail all you like (and yes much like a child, hence my attitude toward you) but that wont change the reality of the world we live in.

We would all like a healthy mix of transparency with safety and security, but I can tell you from my experience it simply doesn't work...like it, don't like it, its simply the way it is.

You claim that the latest situation in Syria doesn't affect your safety and security? Then why are you being so vociferous about the topic here? I would think you wouldn't care if it doesn't affect you.

Then we fudenmently disagree and have no common ground on this.

You claim that the latest situation in Syria doesn't affect your safety and security? Then why are you being so vociferous about the topic here? I would think you wouldn't care if it doesn't affect you.

Ignoring it doesnt. But bombing them could. Plus military action is not something I take lightly and if my goverment get invloved its my tax money that will be used.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Even if they produced "proof" would you actually believe it, their proof?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Ignoring it doesnt. But bombing them could. Plus military action is not something I take lightly and if my goverment get invloved its my tax money that will be used.

I see. So now youre saying it does affect your safety and security.

Then we're back to the realization of what world we live in. One which opens the doors to all this intangible 'evidence' you claim to be clamoring for, or one which is more grounded in reality whereby secrecy (especially from bigmouths) is paramount in procuring an effective campaign to ensure the Safety and Security which you just acquiesced it is that you are concerned with.

You simply cant sit down, in an open discussion about how and why youre going to target another sovereign nation with every citizen of a country whose desire it is to do precisely that.

So really, the only thing youre complaining about here is the fact that you cant trust your or any government and youre pissed about that. Well, form your own party, garner enough votes to seat yourself as PM, and change it all.
edit on 9-4-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Even if they produced "proof" would you actually believe it, their proof?

Actually yes I would.

I am a scientist. So if presented with evidence I am obliged to change my stance.

Plus simple Arial/drone photos of the planes dropping the chemical weapons and chemical readings of ground zero would be very very hard if not impossible to fake.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You simply cant sit down, in an open discussion about how and why youre going to target another sovereign nation with every citizen of a country whose desire it is to do precisely that.

Releasing simple aerial photos of planes dropping the bombs and chemical readings at ground zero is hardly a hard or difficult task. Nor would it impact any operations on the ground as the attack is not over.

It comes down to this.

You will blindly follow your goverment and trust it.

I am Suspicions and wont trust them as far as I can throw Chris Christie.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It may be hard but not impossible.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Sometimes triage plays a role insofar as the greater good (only with respect to assigning degrees of urgency).

I wholeheartedly agree. That line as to what is more important than what at this moment is a very fine one, and really the one I feel we should be debating.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well there is some things I would have to take at face value. At least some evidence is better than none.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well there is some things I would have to take at face value. At least some evidence is better than none.

but, but ....those beautiful babies aren't enough evidence.

edit on 9-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Syria just lost 23 warplanes to this latest attack.

How many more does Assad have left?

As many as Putin is willing to supply him?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

but, but ....those beautiful babies aren't enough evidence .

I will give trump this....

I dont think there is a nefarious conspiracy on his part. He is too much of a loud mouthed oaf to ne behind any conspiracy.

I think trump got emotional and did a kneejerk response ,, thats why there is no evidence
as there is none.

Obviously that sort of yhings not good in a president and was a dumb move but I dont think there was any evil intent on trumps part.

I do think Trump got played.
edit on 9-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
That line as to what is more important than what at this moment is a very fine one, and really the one I feel we should be debating.

Precisely.

I think we're going to find as more and more 'incidents' begin to be tried in the court of public opinion, a vast array of internet warriors will be calling on evidence in the same vein as "find out what caused the bleeding before stopping the bleeding".

In a controlled environment the above may work. But it's hardly the guiding light by which to assume all crises are created equal.

In the case of Syria, as evidenced by Assads almost immediate return to resuming bombing runs out of Sharyat, he is more than happy to flip the US an F-you while standing firm with Putin, and this makes him feel invincible, untouchable. It seems though, that some people's political leanings allow them to detract from how horrific a leader he is. Yet, as ive stated before, I do NOT think he should be removed for the same reasons I think Saddam should not have been removed. They were/are both the lesser of all evils....the very formation of ISIS is proof enough of that, which is precisely what Saddam predicted would happen if something were to befall his regime.

But they both did/do need to be slapped on the wrist from time to time...if it means by (somewhat meaningless) bombings, then so be it.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
interesting finding

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

And anyone that takes the word of the government at face value is a gullible fool and a sheep.

I agree; it's almost as bad as automatically assuming a lie.

I never take the official story at face value. I always wait, watch, analyze, and examine every report that comes out. I have been watching the general goings-on in the Middle East for years now, and I'm pretty well convinced of what is going on and why. This is just another step in the plan, and IMO a much better step than we have taken in over 8 years.

You may just get to oppose your government. They'll be in this soon enough. They have the same interests as the US as far as this goes. And really, you do too, whether you realize it or not. We all do in both countries.

You think you can handle the truth?

These chemicals were likely leftovers from the Iraq war, that Saddam transported across the border prior to the invasion. Assad knew all about them, and successfully hid them with a little help from Russia and the Obama administration (not sure through complicity or incompetance). One of two things happened to trigger the chemical attack: either Assad saw a threat in that village that we haven't been told, or someone infiltrating Assad's forces either talked him into launching the attack or launched the attack. I see evidence for both scenarios.

Trump's position changed toward Syria/Russia/Iran when he found out what Hillary, McCain, and Graham already knew: it is imperative that Syria have a complete regime change. So when he got the chance, he took it and re-established us as a presence in the area. Assad deserved it in any scenario, and the timing was such that it will be beneficial to us on several levels. And if it takes some heat off the Syrians caught in the chemical crossfire, good!

That's what's going on, at least all I am going to tell you in your present state. Can you handle it?

TheRedneck

All conjecture without evidence.

Without evidence its no more valid than my theory.

And if you going to drop the names of neocon warmonger scum like Hillary, McCain, and Graham then I deffinatly need evidence!
Don't forget Schumer

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know it's been convered somewhere in this thread, but can someone tell me for certain that the Tomahawks don't rely upon GPS for guidance?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The question of overthrowing a ruler is a tricky one, but I believe it's better to leave even a despot in power than to remove him and walk away leaving a power void. That's what allowed ISIS to gain power.

Incidentally, ISIS is the same group we called 'freedom fighters' when it was Russia trying to battle them in Afghanistan. Same people, different area, same goals: establish an Islamic fundamentalist theocracy.

The problem is that our goals are not to stabilize or promote peace. Our goals in the Middle East are to stop the rogue selling of oil outside of OPEC, where the dollar peg still exists. That allows us to maintain our economic advantage via having the International Reserve Currency (which allows us to owe $20,000,000,000,000). The Iran-Syrian pipeline makes that goal impossible, because neither of the three countries involved care about the dollar peg... or us.

So we have to overthrow Assad, who staunchly supports the pipeline. Russia wants whoever is in power to support the pipeline, so they're just fine with Assad. That pipeline is not just from Iran... it can tie into lines from Russia. It is the central keystone to their plans, and they will stop at nothing... absolutely nothing whatsoever... to complete it.

We will stop at nothing to stop the pipeline. If it goes through, and we lose the dollar peg, we also stand to lose the International Reserve Currency. $20,000,000,000,000 becomes due overnight, and all credit lines stop when that happens. The US dollar becomes worthless, and our country descends into chaos. With 10,000% inflation, the banks will be the first to go. Next will be the business sector, as prices will be so high no one can buy. Finally, the entitlements will stop... not that they would buy anything much anyway... and there will be rioting in the streets. If it takes an entire week for this to play out I will be amazed.

I don't think Trump knew anything about this until he was elected. He's learned now what the stakes are, and as a businessman understands the implications. That's why McCain and Graham switched to supporting him. And that's why he's staring that Russian bear down.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I just checked Wikipedia on that.

Tomahawk rely on a terrain-matching algorithm that works by comparing the terrain to previous mapping to maintain course. Block IV also uses enhanced GPS in conjunction with the terrain-matching.

So yes, they use GPA, but they also use terrain matching.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes! I remember them well, the yousafzai freedom fighters. Though they were technically our allies, they still hated us pretty feverishly.

With respect to the reserve currency, I see your point, but I don't necessarily (yet) take an alarmist position on it even if the pipeline were to take root. As long as our market is fluid, the USD in my opinion will still remain firmly
planted as the dominant IRC and will continue to ensure against large capital losses. Not to mention it takes painstakingly long for a dominant currency (a good thing) to lose it's seat. As of the year ending 2016, 64% of all currency reserves were in USD - that would take quite some time to supplant even if there WAS another viable contender...maybe at one time the euro could have contended but with brexit.....

Still, that doesn't detract from your point, which is a good one...in the event our market has to sustain a major shift AND the pipeline comes to fruition, that could be the beginnings of that recipe for fiscal disaster.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Americaaaaaaa, f*ćk yeah!

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The fall of the Euro has helped quite a bit. The latest push has been to adopt a standard basket of currencies instead of a single one. That was gaining some traction, but it was also based on a good-sized chunk of that basket being the Euro.

Russia is, of course, trying to promote the Ruble. Thus far, they've had success in Iran and Syria... nowhere else. Of course, that could change if they become Europe's major oil supplier.

China is poised to promote the Yuan. Their biggest hurdle is their history of currency manipulation... it's hard to trust the currency of a country that is untrustworthy economically.

Still, there is always that fear of 'what if' looming over us simply because of the debt we have racked up over the years.

TheRedneck

ETA: I actually learned about the identity of ISIS from a Jordanian grad student I know. He was born and raised just a few miles from the Syrian border. We talked a lot and the actual situation is in some respects better, in some respects worse, and in all respects much more complex than we're told.
edit on 4/9/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89 >>

join