It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I get it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

If you were a terrorist why wait until now to release the chemical weapons? Planes fly daily, why wait?

Because they want to pin it on the goverment.

To me all you're doing is adding another layer, making it harder to believe that this was a "false-flag". Occam's razor and all...

Not really. The terrorists have used chemical weapons in the past too.

Here's what we know:

-Planes were in the air at the time of the chemical attack
-Assad has used chemical weapons against his own in the past
-Assad has slaughtered 100's of thousands of his own since 2011

The terrorists have also used Chemical weapons in the past too and have slaughtered hundred.

It is not black or white.

What would the resistance stand to gain releasing chemical agents where they reside? It's not like they could have foreseen US intervention.

Not but they know westurn intervention was on a knife edge. They are losing and in a desprate sitaution.
Seeing as they are quite happy to use human shields, gassing there own people is hardly beyond them

The most simple solution is usually correct. Assad, who has used chemical weapons in the past, did so again.

And terrorist have used them in the past too.

The evidence I have asked for is not much and if Assad has done the attacks would be easy to get.

I agree the evidence you've asked for is not much, but I suspect EVEN IF you were given what you were looking for you wouldn't trust it anyway. Maybe not you, but the masses wanting the evidence.

Many here have distrust for their or others government. So if another governmental body is saying "yup, it was Assad" most still would be looking for more.

Besides the flight paths showing Syrian planes over the bombing area the time the weapons went off, you also have victims on the ground saying they saw as much.

While neither of these two pieces are the concrete proof you're looking for, they are two pieces of evidence.

Is there any evidence that this wasn't Assad's regime? Any evidence pointing to another group?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Is there any evidence that this wasn't Assad's regime? Any evidence pointing to another group?

There is this very odd article from the DailyMail, in 2013. Yahoo news picked it up, but the story was pulled shortly after it was published:

U.S. 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad's regime'

I tried finding info on why the article was pulled, earlier, but didn't come up with anything. But, then, I've had a friend over today, so I haven't looked exhaustively into it.

edit on 8-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Hi, MME...
Normally, I wouldn't put anything past Obama (2013)...but the article quotes infowars...so it was probably ignored.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

.so what if babies are dying there? This is nothing more than empathy based on a "look squirrel" mentality. It is funny how we pick and choose what we decided to apply empathy towards...lol

WAIT. What?

WTF?????? That is sick.

Its all sick and wrong...1000s of events every year, that is my point...1000s of events we do not even give a moment of thought to, but now "The are killing babies in Syria!!!" my first question is when did they ever stop....

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

I get it.

Thanks, I guess most don't as they look for that squirrel...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Hi, MME...
Normally, I wouldn't put anything past Obama (2013)...but the article quotes infowars...so it was probably ignored.

I saw that...and I do hate infowars as a source. But then I couldn't find anything on why the article was pulled either.

HOWEVER, I have since found this story: Link

It confirms what another ATSer had posted on the article. But the explanation raises more questions for me TBH.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been posted yet Syria strikes: Site of chemical attack hit again

Sad to see more and more provocations.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Numerous UNCONFIRMED reports via multiple tweets of tanks and artillery crossing into Syria from Norther Lebanon.

Some sources say American, some say they are unknown. And at the same time the Carl Vinson battle group is heading to N Korea...

Massive explosion on border

Tanks and Artillery

Unconfirmed

Almost forgot: Mike Cernovich's recent tweet: Boots on the ground by June 1?

"...wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet!"
edit on 4/8/2017 by drphilxr because: added cernovich

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I want clear proof it was Assad and not the terrorists that used the Chemical weapons to prove that the strike was justified.

No.

To get that, you have to either be elected President, rise through the military to the top level, or be confirmed as a Cabinet Member. You have done none of those. You got angry on an Internet forum. Insufficient.

If you want to know why Assad would do this, it's simple. He thought he could. After all, it is painfully obvious that chemical weapons existed in Syria, even though Obama, Kerry, and Rice all stated otherwise, Assad agreed to remove them, and Putin promised to make sure they were removed. They lied. He got away with the last attacks, and even got to keep his nasty stuff. Russia wants that pipeline.... BAD... so he's got a superpower protecting him. And he was looking at a new President who the media has been calling weak since the guy rode down an escalator.

And I think... just got back on, so just tidbits heard on the news so far... that Assad just re-attacked the same village?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You could have that info if Congress did its constitutional job with their war powers. They have abdicated from their responsibility because of re election.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ain't that the truth!

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Do you really believe that? Syria has been in compliance and all CW have been destroyed as per the OPCW statements, although inconsistencies and discrepancies were found; 24 of 27 declared sites have been destroyed.

There's no reason to believe a country in compliance with the UN and the OPCW would endeavor on such a ignorant display of blatant disregard; considering. It has also been stated that Syria has given documents and information to the OPCA declaring that Al Nusra, in recent weeks, obtained CW through Turkey.

I guess I'll wait until the UN and the FFM make a statement, until then, sorry but, I don't believe it.

edit on 8-4-2017 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Syria has been in compliance and all CW have been destroyed as per the OPCW statements

So, what was that gas that got released? Chanel No. 5?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I don't know and don't pretend too. However, you seem to know, you tell me sir.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

No.

To get that, you have to either be elected President, rise through the military to the top level, or be confirmed as a Cabinet Member. You have done none of those. You got angry on an Internet forum. Insufficient.

That’s a bull# cop out.

After the lies we have been fed by our governments you are dam right I want #ing proof presented. And dammed right I wont take the "word" of the government at face value.

And anyone that takes the word of the government at face value is a gullible fool and a sheep.

I want accountability. I demand accountability.

Last time I checked in both our country’s our governments worked for us. We are there bosses.
I want answers.

No answers, no support. In fact if push comes to shove I will actvily oppose your goverment and mine if there is no evidence.

The fact you are happy to be blindly lead shows what is wrong in the west these days. Thats why out goverments get tgo screw us over time and time again, too many sheep willing to be lead to the slaughter.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Based on the videos showing people frantically being washed down, it was nasty. As you whether it was Sarin or chlorine gas, I don't know. Either fits the bill.

Are you alleging there were no chemical casualties? So the videos are staged? How about the attack on the hospital where they were being treated? Was that a Hollywood set?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I've been searching for proof that Obama left chemical weapons
in Syria. Well, I found it, apparently his statements were lies,
that along with Susan Rice. They knew there were stores
of these weapons left in Syria, and the Treasury sanctioned
Syrian Army Officials. Of course, this was not reported in
the news, as it happened right before the POTUS transition.

Treasury Sanctions Syrian Officials In Connection With OPCW-UN Findings Of Regime’s Use Of Chemical Weapons On Civilians

1/12/2017 ​

www.treasury.gov...

Scroll down and it is clearly outlined.

“The Syrian regime’s use of chemical weapons against its own people is a heinous act that violates the longstanding global norm against the production and use of chemical weapons,” said Adam J. Szubin, Acting Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence. “Today’s action is a critical part of the international community’s effort to hold the Syrian regime accountable for violating the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) and UN Security Council Resolution 2118.”

Scientific Studies and Research Center Officials

As part of today’s action, OFAC is also designating several officials of the Scientific Studies and Research Center (SSRC) pursuant to E.O.13382, which targets proliferators of weapons of mass destruction and their supporters. The SSRC is the Syrian government agency responsible for developing and producing non-conventional weapons and the means to deliver them and was named in the annex to E.O. 13382.

Brigadier General Ghassan Abbas

The European Union previously sanctioned Abbas for proliferating chemical weapons and organizing chemical weapons attacks, including the sarin attack in the Damascus suburb of Ghouta in August 2013. As of 2016, Abbas has continued operating at locations in Syria associated with chemical warfare-related missions.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

And anyone that takes the word of the government at face value is a gullible fool and a sheep.

I agree; it's almost as bad as automatically assuming a lie.

I never take the official story at face value. I always wait, watch, analyze, and examine every report that comes out. I have been watching the general goings-on in the Middle East for years now, and I'm pretty well convinced of what is going on and why. This is just another step in the plan, and IMO a much better step than we have taken in over 8 years.

You may just get to oppose your government. They'll be in this soon enough. They have the same interests as the US as far as this goes. And really, you do too, whether you realize it or not. We all do in both countries.

You think you can handle the truth?

These chemicals were likely leftovers from the Iraq war, that Saddam transported across the border prior to the invasion. Assad knew all about them, and successfully hid them with a little help from Russia and the Obama administration (not sure through complicity or incompetance). One of two things happened to trigger the chemical attack: either Assad saw a threat in that village that we haven't been told, or someone infiltrating Assad's forces either talked him into launching the attack or launched the attack. I see evidence for both scenarios.

Trump's position changed toward Syria/Russia/Iran when he found out what Hillary, McCain, and Graham already knew: it is imperative that Syria have a complete regime change. So when he got the chance, he took it and re-established us as a presence in the area. Assad deserved it in any scenario, and the timing was such that it will be beneficial to us on several levels. And if it takes some heat off the Syrians caught in the chemical crossfire, good!

That's what's going on, at least all I am going to tell you in your present state. Can you handle it?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Of all the questions you asked me besides the chemical casualties, the answer is no. Although pictures I've seen appear to have suspicious injuries not conducive of or at least in my opinion, of a chemical attack alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join