It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I'd like to thank everyone who actively ruined this thread with bickering and identity politics. Would be nice to try and actually piece whats going on over there but instead it's "cult" this and "libtard" that...
Thanks all!

Thats the problem there are no facts.

All we have is the *snip* word there was evidence. Our political masters have not released a single piece of evidence to the public. Instead all they are doing in bickering and arguing.

There is just confusion.

Trump has dropped the ball by creating a giant cluster #. What he has done is akin to dropping a giant turd in a elevator and walking away.

Yes he has acted, now FFS Trump you now need to show us WHY you acted and what you used to back your decision.

Mod Note: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED) - Please Review This Link
edit on Sat Apr 8 2017 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: farhan98
a reply to: face23785

Why on Earth would anyone think Assad would use chemicals on his own people?

To control them, much like Hussein did. Obviously an effective strategy that worked.

It is pretty obvious that the attack wasn't done by him.

Not even close to obvious. If it were obvious, this thread likely wouldn't even exist. It's suspicious, but not obvious, as you intimate.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Yes he has acted, now FFS Trump you now need to show us WHY you acted

The why was given to us...as retaliation for the atrocities committed against the most vulnerable of people.

and what you used to back your decision.

See above. It really boils down to though, what one chooses to believe. If one is prone to take the information given at face value, then they have the answers they desire. On the other hand, if one chooses to ascribe to some conspiratorial malfeascence, then everything is suspect.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

The why was given to us...as retaliation for the atrocities committed against the most vulnerable of people.

Yes but I want to know WHY he thinks its Assad. Espcially when Assad has more to lose than gain by using chemical weapons and that the Jihadis also have chemical weapons and have more to gain by using them.

originally posted by: alphabetaone
See above. It really boils down to though, what one chooses to believe. If one is prone to take the information given at face value, then they have the answers they desire. On the other hand, if one chooses to ascribe to some conspiratorial malfeascence, then everything is suspect.

I will not trust the government blindly. Only a gullible fool takes claims at face value. Only a gullible fool trusts the government.

Its not conspiracy theory lunacy. Its common sense as how many times has our government lied to us? Too #ing many to count! It would be lunacy to not want evidence from our untrustworthy governments!
The USA goverment and my own have none NOTHING to earn any sort of trust when it comes to making claims.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

They could prove what chemical was used and it's origin,if its a substance that is on the banned list,the responsibility lies with Assad and his promise of disposal,in this case his government has to prove its innocence.
I understand the logic and reason of such folly as gassing your own people, and agree it seems doubtful that the Syrian govt was at fault,given the current situation on the ground,But it should be investigated regardless.

edit on 8-4-2017 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I'd like to thank everyone who actively ruined this thread with bickering and identity politics. Would be nice to try and actually piece whats going on over there but instead it's "cult" this and "libtard" that... Thanks all!

It's hard to ruin a thread like this one - it's about Syria. It doesn't get any worse than this

Since what's going on over there is directly related to what's going on over here - it's unavoidable

There's been a lot of jingoism in this thread - and support for Trump's actions. If that's acceptable - so is dissent

edit on 4/8/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You know - this happened how many days into Trump's presidency?

This actually is his first rodeo

The last thing we need now is to feed a need for glory

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It's been a long while since I posted on ATS, but I guess this thread has finally done it.

I don't understand the "why would Assad have done it" line of thinking.

You're talking about a man who has killed quite possibly 100's of thousands of his own people, tortured his own people, as well as used chemical weapons on his own people in the past 6 years. He's done all this and "gotten away with it", because when the previous president went to Congress to weigh the option of a military strike on Syria in response to the atrocities of the Assad regime he was given a thumbs down by the house republicans.

Now fast forward a few years later. Assad has now regained most of his control, with the rebel fighters fleeing into the Idlib Governorate. Assad's plan of basically showing "no mercy" to the rebel fighters is working, with Idlib being one of the last stands for the rebels. He has the US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson as well as UN Ambassador Nikki Haley basically stating the USA would be willing to accept Assad in power. He has an administration that has openly opposed the the use of force in Syria, backed by the same House who opposed force years prior.

Nobody has stopped him in the past, why would they stop him now?

So, after years and years of similar things going down in Syria, and now with the USA practically "warming up" to Assad, NOW it would be crazy of him to use chemical weapons????

I'd say quite the opposite. It seems like NOW he'd get less flack from the US than ever before. So not only could he use this against the rebels in one of their last strongholds and be one step closer to victory, but he can do so in the face of a US Government who seems to have the stance of "Hey Assad, do whatever you've got to do".

OF COURSE ASSAD WOULD USE CHEMICAL WEAPONS ON HIS OWN PEOPLE IN IDLIB THIS PAST WEEK! ANYBODY WHO THINKS IT WOULD BE "CRAZY" FOR HIM TO DO SO HAS NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING HAPPENING REGARDING SYRIA.

edit on 8-4-2017 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Without hard evidence,logic and reason still trump msm spin.
list the pros and cons and come to a conclusion,the guy is not an idiot.
The opposition is known for pulling stunts like this when there back is against the wall,and like magic the coalition comes to the rescue.
Al-q,al nusra,or ISIS are not "his people" who in any other country would be eradicated with very hight popular support.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Bottom line is the 180 king has delivered the opposite of his campaign rhetoric yet again. Let's not forget all the kids murdered in Mosul last week.

If it was Hillary you'd all be going mental. He's just more of the same, except he's less articulate and doesn't like vets who got caught.

You find Hillary articulate? This all depends on his next move(s) doesn't it? Hillary wants to go to war with Russia, so do you see this is the same?

Let me look into my crystal ball....Assad is removed in someway with Russia not getting involved, but whoever replaces him will allow the Russians to continue to have their bases there....We become friends under a false veil of a joint effort to wipe out isis as we put 10,000 troops in to support this...

edit on 8-4-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

personally I'd love to try out my new Sword.

Humans are the velociraptors of the mammal world...hehe You know that evil race that goes to other worlds and lays waste to all the resources and eats everything that moves...that us.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes but I want to know WHY he thinks its Assad. Espcially when Assad has more to lose than gain by using chemical weapons and that the Jihadis also have chemical weapons and have more to gain by using them.

It looks like the planes were tracked from launch, to bombs dropped, to return to that base. I"m thinking this is how it was done and we basically know 100% it was done this way. Here is the weird part though, it was also monitored by drones not ours...Does Assad have drones or were they Russian/Iranian... The Hospital with the victims was identified and bombed conventionality later in what may have been a cover up.

So lets say Assad was like WTF!! happened? Oh Sh@t! The Russians want me replaced to create a veil of solidarity with a new President!!! Get rid of any evidence and I'll talk to Putin!!!

Meanwhile the Russians tell the base commander to make this all happen.. Would you like to be a 4 star in the new regime?

All a story I know...but like you I do not see why Assad would do this to civilians knowing much of the world including Russia will back step away from him...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Because Assad has adopted a policy of putting a stranglehold on the civilian population. They're calculated strategies of escalating attacks on civilians. For countless years Assad has been shelling various neighborhoods, bombing them from choppers, jets...he has very little motivation to stop all that now until he is forced to stop. His government forces herd anyone he considers an opponent into Idlib province, isolating them as combatants then justifying any attacks on civilians in the province as enemy combatants. Zero regard for safety; zero regard for age or gender; just outright decimation. Anyone who would challenge it by way of warcrimes quickly gets pointed to the "See? No one is coming to save you" mindset, and in that, he would have been correct....until, someone stops him.

You decry how you would NEVER trust government yet are so willing to accept that Assad's government are the victim in this?

As noted below:

I will not trust the government blindly. Only a gullible fool takes claims at face value. Only a gullible fool trusts the government.

Its not conspiracy theory lunacy.

It is if you believe that Assad's government have the moral highground in all of this.

Its common sense as how many times has our government lied to us?

What you're perpetuating is that because elements of the Government have lied to us that they ALWAYS lie about everything. If that's your stance, you should perhaps try life in Idlib.

Too f*****g many to count! It would be lunacy to not want evidence from our untrustworthy governments!

There is plenty of evidence....it's called history. Do some REAL research on Assad and I think you will have all the evidence you would need.

The USA goverment and my own have none NOTHING to earn any sort of trust when it comes to making claims.

Ok. And that's fine...but seeking answers in a dark room is folly.

I'm the first one to bash Trump for his BS....but I don't care if it were mickey mouse who gave the order, Assad should really go...however, the vacuum that would be created by his removal should NOT be left to extremist elements...and therein lies the rub. Sometimes you NEED a bad person to counter an even worse person.
edit on 8-4-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Dear Leader can do no wrong in the eyes of the brainwashed cult.

You are off topic here, I suggest you start another post if you want to talk about Obama's 8 years...

So what is it then? Which one of your goofy consecutive scenarios is it, or do you have a 4th goofy one for liberals too?

Trump hasn't been in office long enough to screw up of do good on anything yet has he? So there really isn't much to complain about either way. The Left started their "he is the worst President blah blah blah" "he is the most ineffected President blah blah blah" about 30 seconds after he hit 270 votes...lol

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Assad's govt has given ample opportunity to those in neighbourhood's under siege to leave , and offered amnesty
Terrorists forces dig in to the towns they invade and use the population as human shields,recruiting under threat of death and often executing those seeking to flee.
The Syrian govt isn't the the one doing the strangling.
It's very hard to avoid civilian casualties under these circumstances.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: alphabetaone

The Syrian govt has also given ample opportunity to those in neighborhoods under seige to leave,and offered amnesty
Terrorists typically forces dig in to the towns they invade and use the population as human shields,often executing those seeking to leave.

I would imagine that it's a bit difficult to find solace in the arms of someone who, a day earlier, killed your children with Sarin.

For these poor people, there simply IS no refuge.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A "solution to Korea?" I don't know, but China probably would have to play a big part. Do you think that China was impressed with this little rattle?

I think this pinprick is something that was not seen under Obama, and China has taken notice of that. This was also a demonstration of our capabilities to tap anything we want within a few feet from 1500 miles away. I wonder if both Kim Jong-un and Assad have move to underground bunkers...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

North Korea? Why not send a tomahawk or two at them? That's a "message." Right?

Sure, what do we bomb in that message? Has Kim Jong-un released weapons of mass destruction on his people..he just starves and kills them conventionally...all normal events...

No one can really disagree with the retaliation of a chemical attack on children to send your message...great narrative don't you think?

This was a one off message...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

This was a one off message...

So, instead of tweets it's tomahawks now?

Meanwhile, babies keep dying in Syria.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
the Donald made a mistake which he will doubtless compound real soon. the facts? the evidence? facts are an increasingly rare commodity in global events and media responses these days. everything is smoke and mirrors. the fog of imminent war, I think. truth is entirely subjective and subject to agenda. who to believe? nobody. except yourself.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join