It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Fox reporting one of the 2 US warships has left the area in order to rearm with more cruise missiles.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Assad would have los Russian support as well if he gassed anyone anywhere. The Russians even stated recently that their support was not unconditional.

I think it's as the initial reports were claiming and they it a rebel compound full of chlorine gas.

In this senseless scenario, it is the only one that makes sense.

Especially since every MSM outlet seems to be pushing this as sarin...sarin doesn't make you foam at the mouth, chlorine does, not to mention the yellow cloud observed. Chlorine characteristics.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

It's the tomahawk cruise missile systems, you know the things we used in desert storm, you know in 1990.

So why aren't they performing better than 1990?

Or better yet, why haven't we upgraded to better missiles?

You say that, but it's not a memorandum like others.

It's still a promise on a piece of paper. Probably real purty paper, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Assad would have los Russian support as well if he gassed anyone anywhere. The Russians even stated recently that their support was not unconditional.

I think it's as the initial reports were claiming and they it a rebel compound full of chlorine gas.

In this senseless scenario, it is the only one that makes sense.

Especially since every MSM outlet seems to be pushing this as sarin...sarin doesn't make you foam at the mouth, chlorine does, not to mention the yellow cloud observed. Chlorine characteristics.

MSM did push this as Assad doing it, but they will switch now that Trump has acted and claim it was not Assad.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Joneselius

Asked it over and over myself, no one will...

The irony is trump supporters buying all this hook line and sinker after spending the whole last election cycle and the whole first part of Trumps presidency telling us how the Msm and intelligence in DC spreads fake news and lies....

Now all of the sudden we better believe everything that's coming out of both of them

I don't know, i think I saw quite a few pro trump supporters in here questioning what is going on and asking if trump was played and not agreeing with it .

But sure there are a few here , that well MURICA!!!!

For the most park I think most are sitting back and watching it unravel and trying to find the truth.

edit on 59430America/ChicagoFri, 07 Apr 2017 10:59:13 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   
A lot of people on here are trying to sum up the entire situation in a black and white manner but that's exactly the problem - Syria is definitely NOT a simple situation.

Can I just say that I'm pretty sure WE ALL agree (regardless of American or not, Republican or not etc.) that we don't want to see any more civilians die, especially children, that we want the area to return to stability and also that the use of CW is disgusting. It's not like your belief in this is defined by your support of the bombing or not.

Here's the problem though; these things need due process. Are we entirely sure it was Assad's troops and not rebel groups that did the attack? Where's the proof? Are we entirely sure that targeting this airbase with 59 tomahawks (it is flattened) is going to do anything in terms of halting further CW, and do we fully understand the consequences of weakening Assad's army in a conflict zone where several extremist groups are also trying to gain control?

Was it wise to not consult Russia on the matter at all? Do we have concrete intel on exactly who was at the airfield at the time? Could the $80million the missiles cost have been spent in a more productive way to protect the civilians from future CW? Etc etc.

It's very hard to imagine all of this was ironed out concretely in the time span between the CW attack and the US retaliation, and for that reason it can be considered reckless by Trump. Especially because the West is trying to form an anti-terror coalition with Russia, which is now almost completely off the table from the comments Russia have made.

This # is so messed up.

link   
i think the syrian military was used as an example and these strikes were a warning to both sides that such actions as using chemical weapons will not be tolerated and proof doesn't matter nor it being an accident or whatever excuse, just the results are all that matters.

honestly does it matter who used sarin gas when both sides have been proven to have used it numerous times on civilians?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Might not be so flippant if US aircraft start getting shot down

A coward dies a thousand deaths; a brave man, only one.

You speak out of fear. I know; I felt that slime-mucked demon last night. I won't be listening to it again.

TheRedneck

Then if you really feel that way, YOU go fight, but don't you dare take a dime of help from us taxpayers, because YOU feel that way.

I am disgusted that I would have to fund a mentality like yours without choice.

You've never defended me, you've only served corporate interests.

You fund yourself and go fight that good fight.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Might not be so flippant if US aircraft start getting shot down

A coward dies a thousand deaths; a brave man, only one.

You speak out of fear. I know; I felt that slime-mucked demon last night. I won't be listening to it again.

TheRedneck

Its not about "fear" its about wating to start ANOTHER pointless stupid war in the middle east wit little to no evidence.

But RAR RAR RAR USA USA USA !

link   
a reply to: Vector99

Here is a picture of the Chlorine bags to were found around East-Aleppo, they come from the Saudis.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I think you think too much of Putin.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If it was sarin gas those first responders would be dead....

So, everything's just hunky-dory... they killed children agonizingly with 'good' poison gas.

Really? You really think that matters?

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Saudis

Interesting how our best buddies keep coming up.

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's still a promise on a piece of paper. Probably real purty paper, though.

That 'purty' paper was keeping missiles from launching at US jets.

Maybe now that 'purty' paper can deflect them?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Because they had a small amount that wasn't even purified. They also had a remedial delivery technique.

This is weapons grade.

The responders in Japan did indeed suffer the effects. Just because there's a still shot of people looming over a victim means nothing if they don't work for the government cleaning agency.

Have a look at the pictures of them cleaning the trains and taking samples, were they in suits too? No? Wonder why......

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Not so long ago the concepts of 'good terrorists' and 'bad terrorist' were still handy to justify US policy in the area.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

They are different and upgraded. Anyone can look that info up.

But you know: GO RUSSIA! RAH RAH!

meh

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I know, I've already seen that. To be fair and impartial I don't see a Syrian background so it could be a tweet from a Saudi at the compound to a friend in Aleppo.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Of course we pursued regime change! I've been saying that, as well as saying we needed to get our noses out of there for at least a decade.

But we didn't. Now we have to clean up our mess, and that includes stopping these horrendous attacks on children. This ain't PlayStation; there's no reboot button.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join