It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

My thinking almost exactly. It doesn't bode well

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
How about reading my posts in this thread before you decide how I feel.

I can use my head and make decisions based on information. From this information I then make up my mind. Sorry you are so into the political game that it isn't that easy for you.

Some of us make decisions based on information and not based on Trump, must suck to be you!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

But after reading it seems he realizes that there is a good chance that the chemicals came from rebels or Assad.

So in your opinion he figured one or the other, so what??? Toss a coin? Heads FU Syria, Tails FU rebels?

That's NOT how you conduct military operations.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Dr UAE

How did kids end up in that equation?

you tell me, i was the one asking the question, they are claiming that 4 children died in the strike

I will have to research when work slows down today...But obvious answers are it's propaganda, or Assad planted some kids there having advance notice of the attacks for propaganda purposes, or some bizzare mistake where kids showed up to play after the evacuation.

The civilian casualties were not on the airbase. They were missiles that missed and landed in villages.

link   
a reply to: Vector99
I don't have the information that Mattis and Trump have. Do you? Please share!

Because without the information they have, we are just guessing.

link   

You ever served? tell that to my Bn Commander.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I ain't shedding any tears over Syrian soldiers, not after some of the stuff I've seen on liveleak that is being perpetrated by both sides of the conflict. It's about time the US flexed it's muscle instead of letting the situation stagnate and spiral out of control.

A full-scale war isn't going to start over this, it will only strengthen the US position at the negotiating table.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Really? Name one, just one!

The US policy of 'regime change' has worked out so well in the past hasnt it?
Well except for the fact that every single time they have, its been an abject failure.
We had the luxury the other evening of a former head of the CIA, on the BBC still crowing about what a wonderful job they made of deposing Soekarno in Indonesia, except it wasnt quite like that was it?
Not like they were rookies at this, the globes littered with americas failed 'projects' that had less to do with demoracy, than they did for corporate interests.

The fluffy tree-hugger statment here would be that they have to realise that with great power, comes even greater responsibility, except 'they' dont give a rats@ass about anything except the MONEY!

Pax Americana...the gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

How did kids end up in that equation?

you tell me, i was the one asking the question, they are claiming that 4 children died in the strike

Having researched and followed this since before the war..

Assad's secret police (during pre-rebellion demonstrations) actually abducted children or protestors and organizers..Along with the elderly and other average protestors.

Did unspeakable things and tortured them in horrific ways...and then released them weeks later back into the community with open wounds and burns...It was a message to protestors.

One defector from Assads regime defected in 2013 with thousands of graphic pictures documenting the torture.

Assad is certainly capable of planting kids at the airfield..But we don't know if that is what happened.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Zakharova: US Missile Strikes Were Planned BEFORE Alleged 'Gas Attack' in Syria

In a statement given on Friday morning in Moscow, Russia's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said that the US missile strikes against Syria were planned well in advance of the alleged "gas attack" in Idlib province on Tuesday.

According to Zakharova:

It is obvious that these missile strikes were planned before. For every expert it is obvious that this decision was made well in advance and before the Idlib events.

She also says that recent events in Syria are being used as a distraction as the US carries out deadly airstrikes in Mosul.

www.youtube.com...

Russia's Defense Ministry agrees:

"It is evident that the US cruise missile strikes against a Syrian airbase have been prepared long before today’s events. A large system of measures of reconnaissance, planning, preparation of flight tasks and bringing the missiles to launch readiness needs to be carried out to prepare such an attack," ministry's spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said.

www.youtube.com...

Prepared in advance. Exactly what i was suspecting.
Not saying thats what really happened, but it sure rings a few bells.
Preparing 59 tomahawk targets, in 2 days time?

All this while still having no clue to who when and what happened. Amazing!
source
edit on 7/4/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I don't have the information that Mattis and Trump have. Do you? Please share!

Because without the information they have, we are just guessing.

Neither Trump nor Mattis can have definitive evidence this soon. Obviously I don't have info they have, but I can damn well assure what they DON'T have.

They have radar flight patterns, and a reported chemical attack. It's just as likely that they hit a rebel compound storing chemical weapons and unknowingly released a chemical attack as it is that they perpetrated an actual chemical attack.

There is ZERO definitive evidence, and there shouldn't have been such a sudden strike, ESPECIALLY considering it seems 30+ of the missiles missed their target.

This was a stupid, uncalculated mistake.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But the one person I would trust is General Mattis. If he says do it, then there had to be a good reason.

Generals are often wrong. Remember Iraq/Afghanistan and Gen Petraius....

Gen Swartzchof in Nam....

How'd that work out.... ?

I don't like it ...and I don't trust the "War for Profit" military either.
edit on 7-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

edit on 7-4-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I ain't shedding any tears over Syrian soldiers, not after some of the stuff I've seen on liveleak that is being perpetrated by both sides of the conflict.

Either am I...

But facts matter..

"Syrian Soldiers" were not a target...they were explicitly given the heads up to evacuate men and equipment..

And...the massive hypocritical FLOP of Trump supporters is just "shooting someone on 5th avenue" on a global scale.

Reality..

Have YOU posted about Assad and Syria in the past months? What was your opinion before lord Trump targeted Syrian Asphalt?...Not Soldiers..Not planes..Not Equipment...for symbolic purposes.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

What about General Patton?

link   

"missed their target"....

I'd suspect that most of them hit exactly where they were supposed to hit.

The entire affair was baloney. I can't believe that our 'intelligence' would know where any chemical components entered the theater. It was just an opportunity to knock out some targets with "missed shots" .

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What about General Patton?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: DBCowboy

But the one person I would trust is General Mattis. If he says do it, then there had to be a good reason.

Gen Swartzchof in Nam....

He was a major and a lieutenant colonel in Nam. Wounded several times, and hell bent on getting his men medi-vaced out when wounded.

Received silver and bronze stars and purple heart.

Try again

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

You ever served? tell that to my Bn Commander.

Did your BN Commander ever order missile strikes to areas you were nowhere near and had no intention of invading at all, all without intel?

I never have, and never will unless my homeland is under attack. It hasn't been since the 1800's so it's likely I never will.

Doesn't mean I'm uneducated in the subject though.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wow, thread is growing!

Yesterday, when the air strikes were reported, there was a knot in my stomach that would have stopped Jupiter from spinning. Syria is an extremely complex situation, and one in which we, ourselves, are very involved behind the scenes. Russia has loomed over that conflict like a big ol' bear watching her cubs play. And the stakes are much higher than most people realize.

Then Trump decimated an air base, seemingly on a whim, in open defiance of a Russian warning. Oops!

But I woke up this morning to the news, watching to see the Russian response... or the UN condemnation... or Turkey going off the deep end and 'helping' by blowing a few dozen MIGs out of the sky... but nothing. No retaliation. No threats of retaliation. No escalation of hostilities.

Damn!

I already said earlier that if this had to be done, it was done perfectly. No warning, no posturing, just take out the offending entity (in this case an air base) and be done with it. My concern was whether the decision to launch was appropriate. It apparently was. Objective accomplished with no US casualties and a minimum of foreign casualties. No prolonged escalation. We just did it.

Now I wonder, why was I hesitant? Why did I worry, when the need for a statement was so obvious? Could it be that living under the 8-year occupation of Obama, listening to the skewed pseudo-news, watching the cowardly gyrations of the retreater-in-chief, have taken more from me than just a job, an income, and opportunity? Could it have stripped the very heart from me and softened me to the point I was actually starting to think in terms of "We can't" instead of "Hide and Watch"?

If so, that is something I can never forgive the DNC and Obama for. Ever. This fiercely proud Independent just came closer to being Republican that he has ever been.

Donald Trump once claimed, to the sarcastic jeers of his distractors, that he "knew more about ISIS than the generals." At the time, I took it as just another play to the crowd. Today I wonder, maybe, just maybe, he was serious and he was right.

Welcome back, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave! Thank you, Donald J. Trump!

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join