It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Read that earlier, They were able to repel the offensive.

Coincidence?

In war there are no coincidences.

Trump has been played, I only hope he will wisen up, he's around for another 3+ years.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
Yes I believe you may be right. And I do think that USA has to show some strength. Obama set us up to look like pansies, which to me is the worse of the two.

It is done and can't be undone so let's move forward.

I think the best thing right now would be for Trump to pick up the phone and talk to Putin. We do not want that bear fired up along with every other thing going on right now.

This could be the direction guider for the Trump presidency and he needs to make sure he is making the correct decisions.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: allsee4eye

Pentagon says 58 of 59 missiles hit their targets.
1 failed and landed in the sea.

I'm gonna go with TASS over the Pentagon on this one. If it was RT I would say it's likely propaganda, but TASS is pretty legit in reporting.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

So the USA strikes the syrian goverment over a gas attack the terrorists did and the terrorists now take advantage of the situation and go on the offensive.....

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The pentagon also said there was weapon of mass destruction in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Some guys in the pentagon must be delighted ...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Martin75
I do believe that this chemical attack was a false flag, but I also believe that Trump is making a statement with this decision. It's a power play.

Conspiracy side of me is starting to lean that way.

Xi is in town meeting with Trump, who has been making comments on North Korea lately, and this happens. Xi is here to see personally Trumps immediate response on the matter, which without a doubt would send a message of US military resolve in any conflict. China and US are in conflict over the South China Sea AND North Korea simultaneously. Trump shows he won't hesitate. The Chinese President's visit is viewed as a structurally successful meeting. China remains rather quiet on the strike, but acknowledges it. They slightly condemn the US, but more openly push for political resolve.

The game could be getting deep. Best not to play that game with Russia as a side bet hedging on a non-response though. THAT is insanity.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Other countries will definitely think twice now to cross the US when they know Trump will pull the trigger. Perhaps it's about time we got some respect after Obongo ruined it for being a limp-wristed pushover who let this situation with ISIS and Syria get out of hand in the first place.

We don't need another unnecessary war, but we do need to flex our muscle and slap some of these fools back into place.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I don't think Assad is the attacker but let me get my tin foil hat on.....

the only way i could see him giving the order to use sarin is, maybe he thought the world would just assume it was the 'rebels' again and step up their attacks on the rebels and more support for his government.

the video of the attack/explosion i saw looked like they hit a weapons storage area, and if there was sarin and other munitions stored there it might appear that the jet was the one that used the sarin.

No one that is posting about this attack knows what the POTUS and CIA say/know. They have been planning this for atleast a day so they must have had some good intel
edit on 7-4-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Those thinking that Trump acted rashly are not looking at the whole story. Some act like Trump picked up the phone and ordered a strike. That's not what happened.

That's almost what happened

He has all the information, the entire backstory on Assad, plus a great deal more that you and I will never know about. He was hands off Syria in spite of knowing this - and so, Assad gassed his own people (so far as we know)

Anger? Remorse?

What happens when he gets mad at Lil' Kim?

Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase after President Bashar al-Assad’s regime used chemical weapons earlier this week against civilians. For months, Donald Trump has espoused a hands-off approach to intervening in the Middle Eastern country’s six-year-long civil war, yet it took just 24 hours for the president to reverse course and launch America’s first military action against the Syrian government.

The US Strike on Syria Underscores Trump’s Media-Fueled Worldview

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What worries me is that Trump has found his war groove.

Coupled with his thin-skin, ignorance of history and world affairs, and petty, vengeful nature, this is a scary development for our nation and the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Perhaps Assad didn't give the order, but one of his generals did. We've already seen reports of what his generals are capable of in the field, perhaps Trump was doing Assad a favor.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I fully endorse Trump's order on this, had the US not taken action and been slow, mediated through the zombie like UN council and drawn out for years over this one point Assad would simply have gotten away with it, had the US not taken action the west would once again have appeared weak.

Russia has been shown to NOT be trump's puppet master with this, the last thing they would have wanted is a strike on a syrian air field were indeed there own personnel are probably also stationed but the US without revealing it's intelligence probably had definite smoking gun proof and possibly also in the act footage from it's spy satellites of who, when, where and how this took place.

Russia respect's strength so this is likely to be a good point and make Putin think twice, he now know's he is not dealing with a fool in the whitehouse.

The world need's a strong america, an america with a leader whom is both willing and able to take these decision's and the time for debate passed the minute Assad ordered this clear breach of international law, if there is no police man to uphold that law then the UN is a futile and pointless organization so the US taking on the time honored role of international police man and acting upon this flagrant breach of international treatise was both appropriate and proportional, this was not a strike upon the Syrian army but upon the air field were this crime was perpetrated and let's them know that if they act like this again they can expect even stronger punishment's in the future.

I suspect Putin probably choked on his breakfast when he heard this one.

link   

It is done and can't be undone so let's move forward.

Is this how we're going to respond to anything the president does now? It's done - let's move on?

I'm sorry, but there's a tone there - and what it sounds like is resignation

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
When you order a military strike on a third world country from your own private luxury retreat... You may be the perfect allegory for 'war is good for business'

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Syria airstrikes: International community reacts to US bombing of airfield

President Trump's swift and telegraphed action to punish Syria for a suspected chemical weapons attack earlier this week, by pummeling a key air base with missiles, was roundly praised by leaders around the world.
Although Russia and Syrian state television blasted the move as "aggression," leaders from around the world solemnly praised the act as a measured and fair response to dictator Bashar al-Assad's suspected use of chemical weapons in the town of Idlib on Tuesday.

Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement that "In both word and action" Trump "sent a strong and clear message" that "the use and spread of chemical weapons will not be tolerated."

In this article, other world leaders are quoted as approving of the action, including Australia, Israel, Japan and Turkey.

edit on 4/7/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Those thinking that Trump acted rashly are not looking at the whole story. Some act like Trump picked up the phone and ordered a strike. That's not what happened.

That's almost what happened

He has all the information, the entire backstory on Assad, plus a great deal more that you and I will never know about. He was hands off Syria in spite of knowing this - and so, Assad gassed his own people (so far as we know)

Anger? Remorse?

What happens when he gets mad at Lil' Kim?

I think Lil' Kim now knows that he better not get the US angry.
Much better for our safety than Obama, who looked weak to the world.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Like I said, this was a power play. Not only did it shut down the entire Russia narrative, but it also pulled the international community behind America. Watch Trump's approval ratings go up.

No war is going to start over this, this was just the US flexing it's muscles again to send a message. If anything this will improve our position at the negotiating table.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I'm gonna go with TASS over the Pentagon on this one. If it was RT I would say it's likely propaganda, but TASS is pretty legit in reporting.

'In Russia, We Trust.'

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: DBCowboy

Holy sh##! Is all i can say.

Trumps red line was a little more serious.

He called up the Russians, told them the plan to hit the Airfield in several hours...and kindly asked them to evacuate all personnel, planes, equipment etc. BEFORE the strike..And yes, the pentagon acknowledged it was the same as calling up Assad and giving him the advance notice.

Does that count as a strike? When you notify the enemy and ask them to move their stuff and people out of the way?

What was the target? Asphalt?

Just saying...the only planes left were the ones that were unable to fly..

This was a fake response..

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join