It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia recognizes western Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Jerusalem is divided into western Jerusalem and eastern Jerusalem. Israel claims the entire Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. Palestinians claim eastern Jerusalem is the capital of Palestine. Palestine is not a UN member but it is a member of the Arab League. Overall, I think this is a good first step toward peace between Israelis and Palestinians.

link 1

link 2
edit on 6-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Overall, I think this is a good first step toward peace between Israelis and Palestinians.

So now after decades of a brutal occupation by Israel telling them that half of that city now belongs to them is a good step towards peace? Besides Trumps boss thinks it's a good idea so that's one reason to be against it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Perhaps another sign that Russia is trying to take over from America as general peace-maker and overlord in the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I believe we finally have reasonable chance to do it this time. ( I said that in 93 too, but what the hell.)
The fact that all the major Arab kingdoms are behind the initiative will be the deciding factor.
I'm looking forward to going back... or I should say going home.

Buck

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So Russia is the only nation in the world the actually does recognize the at least western Jerusalem is for Israel. You finally found a country to hop on board with the claim. It's odd that it was Russia out of all other countries. Especially the US.

Does someone see Russian and Isreali ties growing because of this? What does that mean for the US. What about the Isreali stance on Assad and the strikes it's pulling which Russia dislikes. Hmm.. I see a shift change and maybe some under the table dealing happening now.

But still the first country to actually recognize the claim 😂😂

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I have to admit, the whole idea of 2 states stinks. It has never been so. Israel was declared the state in 1947, and it was the whole Israel. Palestinians are part of it - if they want.

There is one Israel, where two - or more - folks, races, people with different religions - can CO-EXIST. Those who cannot sign-up for this - are not capable of seeing existence beyond race and religion - or those who want to annihilate others for the sake - should not be part of Israel. And this is how it has been since times of Moses.

United Nations have tried to de-legitimize Israel and the birth-right of its people from day 1, and to side with the aggressors. But, in my books this does not matter. Let them rattle. The real border is Jordan river, and there is one state, one capital. As long as the people of Israel stand for their rights - there is nothing which say otherwise.

PS. Now the Russian have left to do, is to legitimize and approve also the Eastern Jerusalem as capital of Israel. And declare there is only one Jerusalem.

edit on 7-4-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join