It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Finds $500 Billion (Billion!) In Errors During Audit Of Obama HUD

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
This issue clearly extends beyond the Obama administration. The HUB has an annual budget of only about $50 billion. So if even all of their money went missing every year Obama was in office it still wouldn't be enough.

Let's be fair HUD is hardly the only department with these issues *cough cough DoD cough cough* and they stretch back decades. So why would you try to pin this strictly on Obama?

Why pin it on Obama? BECAUSE HE WAS IN CHARGE WHEN THIS HAPPENED!!!! Geeez! Just because someone else before may have done the same thing doesn't excuse Obama for having it happen under his command. This liberal idea that if it happened once before, it is acceptable and shouldn't be addressed is insane.

What do they say about two wrongs?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Ben Carson's found these error, huh? Is this the same Ben Carson that said Africans who were captured and brought to this country by slave traders were immigrating to America? The same Ben Carson who told us the Egyptian pyramids were built for grain storage? That Ben Carson? OK....

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bagbane2017

So this audit took place... over a year ago and it is dropped in the lap of Ben so it can appear that he can take credit for it just being appointed? Talk about an Easter egg sitting on someone's desk as a welcome aboard present.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Obama said the same thing about slaves.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It's not that it's happened before. It's that it is a continuing problem. If you want to blame Obama you also have to blame Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc.

Seriously what part don't you understand about the fact that it is simply impossible for this to have happened only under Obama's watch? The HUD has an annual budget of about $50 billion. Even if all of that went missing for eight years it still wouldn't equal $500 billion.

This is simple math. You're ignoring a problem endemic with our government as a whole just so you can bash the other side. Maybe this is why nothing ever fixed.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Europeans were sold opportunity in the new world and often taken as slaves with that opportunity being a sales pitch. Chained to mines in the North for metals and coal, paid with tokens that could only be used with the mining company having no real monetary value and they only stocked the basics to survive to mine.

Africans? Sold as property from those in Africa that felt they owned them so it was a changing of hands... they built the South in food/textile production in the fields; as the Northern slaves built the industrial part.

When protests in the North over this broke out the US army actually attacked the miners taking the mine owners side... eventually rights were won, and that trickled into the South to free the slaves in bondage there too, born in bondage in Africa and sold into bondage, then bred like cattle right here into even more bondage...

Civil war breaks out and well, people are still to this day trying to get the equality promised in a paper written 200 years ago... we have never been free; perhaps eventually? As that was the foundation... but building that takes work, does it need to be in slavery to get there? When that's what the system has turned into? Kinda unavoidable... when both sides crack the whip trying to control at the extremes found in them, ending in fascism at either or.

So balance is the middle that is supposed to be our voice in total as majorities is it? Depends on where one looks and then the magician waves one hand while the other performs the trick... floating like a butterfly and then stinging like a bee.

In capitalism where everyone is hungry trying to get ahead? All sorts of trickery, foulness,corruption and slight of hand is used, in order to not only gain advantage but try to keep things fair...

It's a bloody nightmare.

edit on 7-4-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I agree the guy needs a fricking Medal for finding what the last retards failed to.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Let me guess, the missing $ is being stored in the pyramids?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

What missing $ ?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I was just commenting on the fact that Obama said the same thing, not the underlying politics of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The money in the Pyramids...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You know, all the $ people on this thread think Obama stole. Rather than storing grain, the Egyptians are getting with the times and using the pyramids to help Obama launder $ from HUD. Just a wild theory, though.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
www.dailywire.com...#

So, Ben Carson has found some 'problems' at HUD. The neurosurgeon that many said was not qualified to run HUD seems to have proven a quick study.

In one of his first acts as HUD Secretary, Carson ordered an audit of the agency. What he found was staggering: $520 billion in bookkeeping errors.

He has found over $500 billion in bookkeeping errors. Seems he turned out to be the right man for the job after all.

HUD doesn't get that much money each year...
FY2017: $48.9 billion in gross discretionary funding and $11.3 billion in new mandatory spending
FY2016: $49.3 billion in gross discretionary funding
FY2015: $46.66 billion
FY2014: $47.58 billion
FY2013: $44.8 billion
FY2012: $47.9 billion
FY2011: $41.6 billion
FY2010: $43.72 billion
(Obama elected)
So, that's a total of $381.76 billion ... less than the $500 billion Carson allegedly found.

How many more years of THE ENTIRE HUD BUDGET do we have to go back to get to $500 billion?
FY2009: $38.5 billion
FY2008: $35.2 billion
FY2007: $33.6 billion
FY2006: $28.5 billion

I don't think Carson found $500 billion from HUD.
edit on 14Fri, 07 Apr 2017 14:34:20 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

He cant add... or some money laundering has been afoot.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

I got it bro

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

We will eventually find out he meant over the next 50 years...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

That is not what the article says.

In any case, I can't seem to find, in the audit, the $500 billion in errors which the article claims.

edit on 4/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
www.dailywire.com...#

So, Ben Carson has found some 'problems' at HUD. The neurosurgeon that many said was not qualified to run HUD seems to have proven a quick study.

In one of his first acts as HUD Secretary, Carson ordered an audit of the agency. What he found was staggering: $520 billion in bookkeeping errors.

He has found over $500 billion in bookkeeping errors. Seems he turned out to be the right man for the job after all.

gee, did anyone read the FULL ARTICLE?.....he's not the first one, and they were corrected, even though the article goes on to say, there are many areas of concern (my words)....hey I know the solution!!!!!......let's cut government some more, so there is even less people working there, and no more upgrades to computer hardware or software....and then!!!!!.....we can revisit in a couple of years and find TRILLIONS IN ERRORS!!!.....that should make all of the government haters on ATS drool with digusting pleasure.....

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

He cant add... or some money laundering has been afoot.

Well, sort of.

The bookeeping errors might exist, but it appears the discrepancies originate from things that HUD has oversight of, rather than budget allocation for - things like Ginnie Mae.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That is not what the article says.

In any case, I can't seem to find, in the audit, the $500 billion in errors which the article claims.

The article has the headline of:

Ben Carson Finds $500 Billion (Billion!) In Errors During Audit Of Obama HUD

Which is misleading, if I'm being generous.

I've been unable to find the origination of the quote:

"The total amounts of errors corrected in HUD’s notes and consolidated financial statements were $516.4 billion and $3.4 billion, respectively"

I had looked at the audit and can't find it either...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join