It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Finds $500 Billion (Billion!) In Errors During Audit Of Obama HUD

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
This issue clearly extends beyond the Obama administration. The HUB has an annual budget of only about $50 billion. So if even all of their money went missing every year Obama was in office it still wouldn't be enough.

Let's be fair HUD is hardly the only department with these issues *cough cough DoD cough cough* and they stretch back decades. So why would you try to pin this strictly on Obama?

Good lord, man, he was the head of the government for EIGHT YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, you wanna blame Bush but not go back as far as Clinton I imagine.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

THEFT from American tax payers....someone has been cooking the books and needs jail time!

So once again put in a non-politician and weird things happen like accountability, actually doing what ones says they would do. These people Like Carson and Trump make terrible politicians...hehe

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
500 billion more reasons why Obama/Clinton didn't want Trump in office!
edit on 6-4-2017 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Khaleesi

He has found over $500 billion in bookkeeping errors.

No he didn't. The auditors did.

Semantics negation for the win! Kudos!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He has found over $500 billion in bookkeeping errors.

No he didn't. The auditors did.

HUD's bookkeeping ain't run so good.
Last year's audit:

This audit report contains nine material weaknesses, eight significant deficiencies in internal controls, and six instances of noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations. These weaknesses were due to an inability to establish a compliant control environment, implement adequate financial accounting systems, retain key financial management staff, and identify appropriate accounting principles and policies

www.hudoig.gov...

Thanks for clearing that. I really though Carson went through all the books himself with a calculator.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
To be fair, the article does state that the last 3 audits showed the same thing. But apparently nothing was done about it (or whatever was done failed to solve the problem).

Even worse.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I doubt if they will ever find out what happened to all the money. It will have been lost within the ever changing computer program upgrades. You have to wonder, why do they keep buying new computer programs every year? So they can hid the money that is disappearing or unaccounted for. The people at the bottom will be targeted to blame of course, the thousand of people who could not learn the ever changing software and still check if everything in the previous year logged in correctly. There are lots of agencies this is happening in. Where does this money go and how does it get out of the system without setting off alarms. Maybe the computer program creators are purposely creating untraceable software.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I doubt if they will ever find out what happened to all the money. It will have been lost within the ever changing computer program upgrades. You have to wonder, why do they keep buying new computer programs every year? So they can hid the money that is disappearing or unaccounted for. The people at the bottom will be targeted to blame of course, the thousand of people who could not learn the ever changing software and still check if everything in the previous year logged in correctly. There are lots of agencies this is happening in. Where does this money go and how does it get out of the system without setting off alarms. Maybe the computer program creators are purposely creating untraceable software.

You've nailed it! "Going green"---making all records digital---makes it much easier to disappear stuff.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Well, we know Iran got airdropped 80% of that, in folding dead presidents, so, you know, what difference, at this point, does it make?

edit on 6-4-2017 by Sublimecraft because: I blame the beer, fat fingers and little buttons - not a good combo!!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I'll match your $500 Billion and raise you $6.5 Trillion!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
And this is surprising how??

Tip of the ice burg my friends.....And this unfortunately will not stop under Trump...Maybe slow down but never stop.

Yes.
HUD is just one department. Imagine how many 'errors' occur in a big joint like the defense department.
No wonder the Fed has to pump out all that fiat money that they take away from us.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Surprise, surprise, more lies from another Alt Right website.

The Daily Wire is Ben Shapiro's website. Shapiro worked for Brietbart until a year ago. And has consistently published utter rubbish.

I wouldn't believe a word printed in his publication.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
With that much money involved..... there is gonna be a lot of angry people........... angry because they didn't get their fair share of all that loot and angry because the the Gravy Train seems to have pulled away from the station.

The swamp will drain itself.......

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I'm saying that this is a problem that occurs in every department in every administration. The Pentagon alone has trillions of dollars they can't account for.

But hey, feel free to ignore the fact that it would be impossible for all of this money to go missing under Obama. I don't want to get in your way of bashing people that don't matter anymore.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

How did Ben Carson figure this? Did he use a pocket calculator or an adding machine? I can't find any audit report on the IG's website:

www.hudoig.gov...

ETA: Wait! Here it is:

www.hudoig.gov...

[Starts skimming document.]

ETA: Wait! That's from 2015! Why is Ben Carson getting credit for it?

edit on 7-4-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Carson is a right-winger. Government is good, this story is probably just more Breitbart fake news. We need to give the government more power, the average American can't be trusted.

In My city they found out that everyone that was employed at the local HUD office padded their checks with massive amounts of overtime. The overtime was so great because everyone was in on it even the supervisors. I don't know about You but as someone whom writes a check for 20K plus a year to the IRS I think these people should be executed because people actually loose their homes over taxes while people like You call them selfish for not paying their fair share.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

How did Ben Carson figure this? Did he use a pocket calculator or an adding machine? I can't find any audit report on the IG's website:

www.hudoig.gov...

ETA: Wait! Here it is:

www.hudoig.gov...

[Starts skimming document.]

ETA: Wait! That's from 2015! Why is Ben Carson getting credit for it?

This has already been addressed if you had bothered to read all of my posts on this thread. Since you are fond of skimming articles (and missing some things) I will repeat myself. The title is from the article that I linked. The audit would have happened no matter who was in charge. The auditors did the audit (and found the discrepancies). Major discrepancies have been found in the last 3 audits and were apparently NOT addressed by the previous Secretary of HUD. That person should have been held accountable. If Ben Carson does not address these problems, I personally believe he should be held accountable. I think that covers most of my posts.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Maybe an audit of the audit? They might just be looking to defund it... thinking it is bloat...

There are supposed to be voucher programs for buying homes in every state... but many states to not even issue them; and instead use the money to prop up their own economies... seeing federal monies as just a coffer to draw from as a lump sum and then shift that payment around as they want to; in a state drawn economy... instead of what it was earmarked specifically for.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
And I hear crickets on the main stream news sources.
www.google.com...=$500+billion+missing+from+HUD

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Try THIS!
www.hudoig.gov...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join