It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Finds $500 Billion (Billion!) In Errors During Audit Of Obama HUD

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
www.dailywire.com...#

So, Ben Carson has found some 'problems' at HUD. The neurosurgeon that many said was not qualified to run HUD seems to have proven a quick study.

In one of his first acts as HUD Secretary, Carson ordered an audit of the agency. What he found was staggering: $520 billion in bookkeeping errors.

He has found over $500 billion in bookkeeping errors. Seems he turned out to be the right man for the job after all.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
But, hes a religious fundie that rejects.. wait... BILLIONS???

Give that man a medal!

+22 more 
link   
Wow...

Someone has some splaining to do...

Yea yea I know nobody will be held accountable... but I can hope.

+41 more 
link   
Errors? More like a crime was committed on purpose. Obama steals from the US again.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Half a Trillion - Well that takes fraud/mismanagement to a new level!

Wasn't this under Julian Castro?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Guarantee'd Every Last Penny went into Obama's Pocket! Lock Her UP!!!!! MAGAMAMAMAMA!

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just wait till he digs a little deeper!! Talk about needing some fiscal responsibility! I have a feeling that HUD is gonna be getting an overhaul here soon.

TheBorg :-)

link   
And this is surprising how??

Tip of the ice burg my friends.....And this unfortunately will not stop under Trump...Maybe slow down but never stop.

link   
To be fair, the article does state that the last 3 audits showed the same thing. But apparently nothing was done about it (or whatever was done failed to solve the problem).

+11 more 
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Errors? More like a crime was committed on purpose. Obama steals from the US again.

THEFT from American tax payers....someone has been cooking the books and needs jail time!

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Nothing another terrorist attack can't destroy evidence of...

Stay safe, friends.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Carson is a right-winger. Government is good, this story is probably just more Breitbart fake news. We need to give the government more power, the average American can't be trusted.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Don't forget the billions missing from Hillary's state dept.I wonder how many other agencies have had missing billions of accounting Problems"?

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ben Carson doing brain surgery on the government. Can wait for the Lobotomy.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This issue clearly extends beyond the Obama administration. The HUB has an annual budget of only about $50 billion. So if even all of their money went missing every year Obama was in office it still wouldn't be enough.

Let's be fair HUD is hardly the only department with these issues *cough cough DoD cough cough* and they stretch back decades. So why would you try to pin this strictly on Obama?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

He has found over $500 billion in bookkeeping errors.

No he didn't. The auditors did.

HUD's bookkeeping ain't run so good.
Last year's audit:

This audit report contains nine material weaknesses, eight significant deficiencies in internal controls, and six instances of noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations. These weaknesses were due to an inability to establish a compliant control environment, implement adequate financial accounting systems, retain key financial management staff, and identify appropriate accounting principles and policies

www.hudoig.gov...

edit on 4/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
This issue clearly extends beyond the Obama administration. The HUB has an annual budget of only about $50 billion. So if even all of their money went missing every year Obama was in office it still wouldn't be enough.

Let's be fair HUD is hardly the only department with these issues *cough cough DoD cough cough* and they stretch back decades. So why would you try to pin this strictly on Obama?

Oh, I absolutely agree with what you are saying. I'm not pinning it on Obama. I used the article title as my title. The problem is clearly a long standing problem. I think our government is corrupt and has been for many years (and many administrations).

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Hey! the professional anti-trump rioters are not paid in shekel's.....

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
HUD looks like a real deep-pocket enterprise of well paid corruption and skimming.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

THIS is why so many of us aren't bent out of shape over a few million bucks for weekends spent at Mar-A-Lago. Trump could take champagne showers and have all the fixtures at the White House gilded in gold and diamonds on the taxpayer dime and still do what no other POTUS has done in most of our lifetimes: save more taxpayer money than his administration spends.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join