It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl found living with monkeys in Indian forest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

www.khou.com...

www.usatoday.com...

The top link is from the KHOU web article, based off the next link below, the USA Today web article.

It is a rather strange story, if true.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

please google : " unauthorised biographies " - a person has ZERO inherent rights to the IP of thier life story -

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

This supposedly happened in India mind you, not the US.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

www.theguardian.com...

Indian girl found in jungle was not living with monkeys, officials say Contrary to initial claims girl’s rapid improvement indicates she was recently abandoned by her carers

The discovery of a girl reportedly living with monkeys in the forests of northern India, has been compared to a modern-day Jungle Book, but officials and doctors close to the child say the true story is darker. This week news reports from the state of Uttar Pradesh said the girl, aged around eight, found by forest rangers in January living with and acting like a monkey. She was reportedly naked, crawled on all fours and screeched at passersby. According to more extraordinary accounts police had been forced to fight off monkeys to rescue the girl. India's missing girls: fears grow over rising levels of foeticide Read more But far from being raised by animals in the Katarniya Ghat forest range, the girl, who doctors believe has mental and physical disabilities, was likely to have been recently abandoned in the wilderness by her carers, the district chief forestry officer said. JP Singh said the girl was actually found on a roadside near the forest, not deep in the wilderness. And though there were monkeys in her vicinity, his rangers “never found this girl living with monkeys”, he said.

See what I meant about "Chinese Whispers"? I know India quite well and instantly spotted that this was total hype and actually a story of abuse of a young girl because she had a disability. As you know women are treated very badly there. Female children are not desired and with an added disability, well many have been killed by their very parents.

Quite a ghastly tale really, certainly nothing to marvel at.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Wow, I'm late to see this!!! I think feral children are fascinating. Do you know about Oxana, who was raised by domestic dogs? Or the other recent tales? Have you heard of the boy in France 300 years ago?

For some reason, this stuff grabs me like a magnet.....
I'm all about early childhood education.......

edit on 4/9/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It would have been wrong to leave her as an animal.

Hence it is a rescue. But if the Spanish had found her 600 years ago she would be in big do do.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It would have been wrong to leave her as an animal.

Hence it is a rescue. But if the Spanish had found her 600 years ago she would be in big do do.

I wasn't advocating to have left her in the wild, but from the girl's perspective, she may have felt kidnapped from the life that she knew and was probably relatively comfortable in living.

I'm sure that she'll grow to see it as a rescue, but between yanking her away from the life that she knew and thrusting her into modern civilized life, I'm not sure that "rescue" is necessarily the correct word, as that implies that she was looking to be found.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join