It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl found living with monkeys in Indian forest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Indian police are reviewing reports of missing children to try to identify a girl who was found living in a forest with a group of monkeys. The girl, believed to be 10 to 12 years old, was unable to speak, was wearing no clothes and was emaciated when she discovered in January and taken to a hospital in Bahraich, a town in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. She behaved like an animal, running on her arms and legs and eating food off the floor with her mouth, said D.K. Singh, chief medical superintendent of the government-run hospital.

I find this to be crazy, this is straight jungle book material. I'd really like to watch how she had interacted with the monkeys, that I suppose helped raise her.

Some woodcutters spotted the girl roaming with monkeys, police officer Dinesh Tripathi told The Associated Press on Thursday. They alerted police. "They said the girl was naked and was very comfortable in the company of monkeys. When they tried to rescue the girl, they were chased away by the monkeys," the officer said. She was rescued later by a police officer in the Katarniya Ghat forest range. "When he called the girl, the monkeys attacked him but he was able to rescue the girl. He sped away with her in his police car while the monkeys gave chase," Tripathi said.

I've found that some of the reports contradict each other, in such as clothed/unclothed, attacking people trying to "help" her, etc etc.

Other than that I don't have much else to add, I just thought this was very interesting.

source
source

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm kind of sad that the Monkeys were obviously confused and upset about her being taken from them. That's her family!

Wishing this kid the best. That's gonna be rough.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Why did they take her?!

Poor thing will be poked, prodded, and not understand life.

If she does adjust, I hope she gets violently wealthy off the book rights.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Abysha because: spellinz goddammit

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
If she does adjust, I hope she gets violently wealthy of the book rights.

Edgar Rice Borroughs kinda did a story like this.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Abysha
If she does adjust, I hope she gets violently wealthy of the book rights.

Edgar Rice Borroughs kinda did a story like this.

Yeah but... I bet he never thought of including throwing feces and eating faces.

Now that's a book concept.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Tarzan: Here, Catch!

edit on 6-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: President, Jacygirl fan club.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The two accounts don't add up.

“She was terrified of us, she could not speak or hear properly. She was surrounded by three monkeys. She had wounds on her body, specifically on her elbow and one on her leg. She was wearing clothes but not very dirty,” Inspector Ram Avtar told Cover Asia Press, adding that the girl appeared to have been abandoned by her family.

Both your sources don't say anything about not having clothes when found. So where did you quote the woodcutters account? What source is that? Is it an exaggeration? The story is somewhat skewed?

This story seems a little bit exaggerated and I would want to know more. I think Chinese whispers are at work.

Where did you get the naked story from?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

In the age of cell phone videos i don't see why they didn't film her living amongst the monkeys at all. I haven't seen any pictures or video of her which easily could have been taken during the rescue. If there are any, please share. I'd like to see them.

I'm skeptical this story is true. The link says she has been hospitalized for two months recovering. If she grew up among monkeys and walked on all fours i would think she would have scars on her hand and knees and deep callouses. Maybe that would heal in a couple months but i would think there would be scars all over her.

I feel bad for the little girl. All those people standing around, filming and gawking at her like she's some kind of zoo animal. Whatever happened to her was obviously traumatic and i wish her well even though i don't really believe she was raised by monkeys.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
hrmm....

Might be a hoax. Maybe not.

I'm sure as time goes on someone will investigate this and get to the bottom of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

If she does adjust, I hope she gets violently wealthy off the book rights.

Probably run back to the monkeys, after being exploited by every money grubbing tv producer and book publisher.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Feral children, heres one...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
she will definitely be a goldmine for SANE AND COMPASSIONATE research....i personally would be really interested in what her microbiome (gut flora) is like because if shes still alive after eating god knows what her guts must be a goldmine of bacterial information..

beyond that, we have no idea how long she lived that way....she might have had a few early years of normality before having to adapt to jungle life, which means there may be some linguistic ability that can be resurrected.

if this is true im going to enjoy following her progress assuming she doesnt get disappeared into some lab or government facility somewhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i wonder if she knows bobo

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hmmm...did they rescue her, or kidnap her?

This case seems like a blurred line at this point.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I'm kind of sad that the Monkeys were obviously confused and upset about her being taken from them. That's her family!

Wishing this kid the best. That's gonna be rough.

-Alee

I thought the same thing too when I read about them chasing the car as she was taken away.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I truly hope she gets well and won't be used as a lab rat.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

book rights!? Feral children remain unable to speak or write or communicate in any way. she will be institutionalized for the rest of her life.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wow! I never saw anything like that before... VERY interesting. Thanks for sharing!

soulwaxer

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

book rights!? Feral children remain unable to speak or write or communicate in any way. she will be institutionalized for the rest of her life.

Or... she'll have a caretaker and sole intellectual property rights would belong to her. Thus her potentially living out her days in a weird, but very wealthy, blur of rehabilitation.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If this story pans out, it would cool if she knew how to communicate with monkeys?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join