It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes steps down from Russia-Trump investigation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Oh so now it is possibly? I thought it was for certain in the left's eye's.

Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, everyone should want this investigation to produce a truthful result.

But I digress...

These investigations are overwhelming the panels, and the FBI. I don't think a formal conclusion will be reached this year.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes he could but is a problem the agencies involved are putting road blocks on the information that is to be released.

We have to understand that they are full of Obama left overs, until those agencies are cleaned up things will move slowly, I have the feeling that the democrats like that, so it will give them a change for mid term elections turn over if the shadow of Russia is still looming on Trumps presidency.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You're right. BIG ROADBLOCKS and STONEWALLING.
www.foxnews.com...

What entity has the power/authority to FORCE the FBI, CIA, NSA to cooperate?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Yes he could but is a problem the agencies involved are putting road blocks on the information that is to be released.

We have to understand that they are full of Obama left overs, until those agencies are cleaned up things will move slowly, I have the feeling that the democrats like that, so it will give them a change for mid term elections turn over if the shadow of Russia is still looming on Trumps presidency.

I do understand that the various agencies are reportedly blocking the release of this information... but as I understand it, they are only able to do so because it is classified. So if Trump declassifies the information, which he has the power to do according to my understanding, then he takes that weapon away from the agencies refusing to release it. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!)

No doubt then folks would be crying about how he jeopardized national security, but they're going to cry about something no matter what. At least then we'd have the information for ourselves to judge appropriately, and not have to take anyone's word for anything.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I can only speak to the FBI/Comey; the only two with power over Comey/FBI are the president and the attorney general.... so Trump and Sessions.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

But Trump has to know WHAT to declassify. As government agencies, the CIA, FBI, NSA can say, "Request denied! You need to provide the 23-digit cyber encrypted file number sir."

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I can only speak to the FBI/Comey; the only two with power over Comey/FBI are the president and the attorney general.... so Trump and Sessions.

Yeah..that makes sense. Sessions has recused himself from this I believe. So it's up to President Trump.

link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So is he going to expose himself as the lying rat that he is?

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You're right. BIG ROADBLOCKS and STONEWALLING.
www.foxnews.com...

Exactly!!!! or for then to make a lot of information and paperwork disappear too.

They can hold on for as long as they want because it is ongoing investigations.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

We need to find out more on how much the president power can go into interfering with the intelligence agencies policies, because after all it will be a dangerous precedent.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

But Trump has to know WHAT to declassify. As government agencies, the CIA, FBI, NSA can say, "Request denied! You need to provide the 23-digit cyber encrypted file number sir."

True... but Trump had something when he made that first tweet about "wiretapping." He can start there. Then throw in whatever docs and records Nunes and Schiff have seen, and then go on to whatever Dennis Montgomery has provided, and I'm pretty sure he's got other info that we don't even know about.

If that isn't enough once it's released, I'm sure there are clever folks out there who can and will connect other dots.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sessions has recused himself from this I believe.

If I remember correctly, like Nunes, Sessions recused himself from only the Russia probe -- but not the wiretapping probe.

Since the evidence seems to be the same, I get the feeling this is some kind of strategic move, but I don't know how exactly.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think it is pretty simple why he may have stepped down. He barely got reelected in California. The republicans would not want to lose that seat.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

We need to remember that Trump doesn't trust the intelligence agencies data, specially because they are mostly left over of the Obama administration.

It is well known that intelligence agencies data can be corrupted and that is many decisions done in behave of their intel that later proved to be fake.

Remember the Iraq weapons of mass destruction.

It is a slippery slope.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

We need to find out more on how much the president power can go into interfering with the intelligence agencies policies, because after all it will be a dangerous precedent.

Yes, we do need to understand that hierarchy of power better -- much better!

And yes, it will be dangerous. Trump knew that going in though and obviously thought he was up to the challenge. He will just have to play the game better. He either walks his talk... or he doesn't.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: xuenchen

MoveOn.org filed the ethics complaint.
Apparently there are no dems in the house that have any problems with what nunes did, otherwise they would have filed the complaint.

here it is...

moveon complaint

looks more like a standard red herring

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

If history doesn't fail me, we know that previous presidents have more faith on the agencies because they were faithful to their presidents, Bush Jr, and Sn, comes to mind.

Then Clinton had some problems with them and Obama when he took over after Bush Jr. era.

It didn't took time for Obama to fill the agencies up with huntsmen to answer to him only, very intelligent move the agencies became very faithful to him.

Now Trump has to fight his way with whatever the agencies are doing.

The scandal on Trump Russia link has a great timing, to make sure that the intelligence agencies are still faithful to the old administration because is a lot of crap and corruption been hidden by them.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ha, ha, California turning against one of their own, elected officials, what that tells you, the political involvement on this one have nothing ethical at all.

Is a desperate move by the democrats that rules California.

What a whole bunch of losers California democrats in power are.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I agree -- Trump's got his work cut out for him. It won't be easy. No one's going down without a fight. And it will get worse before it gets better.

But that's why Trump wanted the job, right?

I truly believe that it can only help Trump in his fight if he releases it all and shines the bright light of day on the whole kit and kaboodle. Not only is sunshine the best disinfectant, but it's insurance for Trump so to speak. Once he goes public with the evidence, he's not the target any more. Everyone will have to deal with the message -- not the messenger.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I hope he will still want the job with all the crap is going around.

I wonder, but then again He is not a loser.

BTW Nuclear option been affirm.

Democrats asked for it. Right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join