It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don't think Bill did anything wrong."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Bill O’Reilly, the embattled Fox News host, received a powerful show of support on Wednesday from a longtime friend, interview subject, ideological sympathizer and fellow scandal-survivor: the president of the United States.

Speaking in the Oval Office, Donald J. Trump praised Mr. O’Reilly as “a good person” and declared, “I don’t think Bill did anything wrong,” days after The New York Times reported that five women had received settlements after making harassment claims against him.

Source

Trump really doesn't know when to shut up does he? You would think considering the allegations made against him during the campaign he would try to distance himself from this scandal. But no, he has decided to jump in with both feet. And only days after declaring April Sexual Assault Awareness Month.

It didn't matter if you think O'Reilly is guilty or innocent. That's not the point of this thread. The point is that you would think Trump would have more sense than to tie himself to this scandal. All this is going to achieve for him is bringing up his own scandal filled history.

If the President can't use good judgment in something like this how can we expect him to use it when dealing with matters that could directly affect American lives?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Presidents and other politicians get away with this crap all the time. Why should anyone care if bill gets away with the same behavior.
Im so over giving a damn anymore.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I lambasted Obama when he stuck his nose into affairs and said things like, "If I had a son" and often picked the wrong side of an issue.

If Trump wants to support O'Reilly, that's his business.

I won't defend Trump for this when I attacked Obama for doing the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
OP - are you surprised, at all, that a Republican president is involving himself in defending a heavily-conservative leaning "news outlet?"

(I use quotations because FOX news is undeniably a facet of the supposedly detested "mainstream media.")

I look forward to the rampant deflections/excuses from the alt-right members.

So far we have, "who cares, other presidents/politicians get away with things too."

Off to a good start.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

If the President can't use good judgment in something like this how can we expect him to use it when dealing with matters that could directly affect American lives?

Well, if you asked this to him directly, he'd probably answer, Trust me with your life, not your money or your wife.

So, no need to worry, you are in good hands...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Nobody pays out 13 million dollars in settlements because of allegations.

The horse faced ketchup monster needs to go by and pick up Baba and Johnny Mac in a golf cart and then.........

Start a anti-tank mine (IDE) detection service in Jalalabad.

Buck

edit on 6-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I already know a certain member will just claim that Trump is "triggering the triggerables." Which might be even worse than if he was legitimately defending O'Reilly.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Any man is entitled to an opinion and to stand up for people. If looking through your crystal-ball you see him getting dragged into the scandal, and this fortune-telling is enough to conclude he has poor judgement and affect American lives, I would argue that judgement based on predictions of the future are far worse than deciding to defend a friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Nobody pays out 13 million dollars in settlements because of allegations.a reply to: flatbush71

That is a load statement, which makes me think of a guy who is a suing magnet (4 or 5 times now), let me explain, his kid walked through someone's yard walked pass a dog that was chained up, and was bitten by the dog, well they sued (3 law Suit) the homeowners over the dog bite, and were about ready to receive 150K, but then his lawyer found out that their policy was for 350K and upped the price, they ended up getting 190K for the dog bite, father was pissed off because the courts put it into a trust until the kid reaches 21 years of age, oh and here is the kicker of the whole thing, the kid was mean to the dog all the time throwing sticks and rocks at it, teasing the dog every chance they got.

So just because you settle does not mean your guilty of anything, but allegations are just that, there are those that use the power of law suits to line their pockets because they don't have any morals.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: RomeByFire

I already know a certain member will just claim that Trump is "triggering the triggerables." Which might be even worse than if he was legitimately defending O'Reilly.

Well, that is the job of a partisan troll so I'm not surprised.

Conservatives have spent nearly a decade "triggering," themselves over baseless conspiracy theories that never came to fruition.

Obama has been claimed to be everything from Osama Bin Laden, to the Anti-Christ, to a gorilla, to a shapeshifting Reptilian - Obama was going to take away mine and everyone else's guns (still waiting), Obama was going to outlaw Christianity and the American flag, Obama was going to usher in Sharia Law, Obama was going to start WWIII, Obama was going to round Americans up and put them in FEMA camps, Obama was going to put Americans into re-education centers, Obama was going to serve three terms - I've heard it all, and a quick ATS search can yield multiple threads on anything I listed above.

As far as I can tell, the alt-right movement has lost all credibility because they had none to begin with in the first place. Don't misconstrue me - D's are just as bad; but conservatives have been in a frenzied panick, "triggered," if you will - over Obama and his super evil megalithic ruthless conspiracy to destroy the Consitution.

And of course - none of the # they said came to fruition.

Hillary's going to jail, Obamas going to jail, conservatives don't live in reality. Hence the terms "alternative facts," and the "alternative right." The "alt-right," actually believes that through Kek - they will merge a new, "alternative reality," to replace the reality created by Obama and the left. This is what is described as "meme magic," and it honestly blows my mind that people who perpetuate and/or believe in this non-sense can hold down a 9-5.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So you're saying that it's not dumb for a public figure, the President no less, that has a history of sexual assault scandals to get involved in another person's scandal?

And not only does it seem dumb for him to get involved in this scandal, his choice of words couldn't have been worse.

Considering Trump's own words in the past you have to wonder. Is he saying that the alleged acts did not take place? Or is he saying they did take place but because of O'Reilly's position it was okay?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

orielly is guilty for one reason...

A) he was recorded doing a couple of them..

B) fox has been fighting a lot of the lawsuits...so that means if they thought Bill would win, they wouldnt pay.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

So you're saying that it's not dumb for a public figure, the President no less, that has a history of sexual assault scandals to get involved in another person's scandal?

And not only does it seem dumb for him to get involved in this scandal, his choice of words couldn't have been worse.

Considering Trump's own words in the past you have to wonder. Is he saying that the alleged acts did not take place? Or is he saying they did take place but because of O'Reilly's position it was okay?

Yeah, I'm saying it is not dumb. For one, he's not getting involved, he's giving his opinions; and two, his choice of words are completely innocent.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

He's the President. Anytime he gives his opinion on something he's getting involved.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

He's the President. Anytime he gives his opinion on something he's getting involved.

I suppose by some stretch of the imagination it is, and the media will definitely spin it that way, but even then, so what?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Objective, critical thinker here and my thoughts(not that you care) are that I'm on Trump's side of this whole political war, but am not afraid to call bs when I see it. Bill O'reilly is an asshat rotten to the core, and for Trump to say anything in support of him is concerning.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I thought I made myself pretty clear. He's an idiot for getting involved in someone else's scandal after just getting the public to forget about his own. It speaks of poor judgment. Which is a worrying quality to have in the most powerful man in the world.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This coming from the "Grab 'em by the pussy" moron. Everything this guy says is suspect, it's amazing he hasn't been impeached yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I thought I made myself pretty clear. He's an idiot for getting involved in someone else's scandal after just getting the public to forget about his own. It speaks of poor judgment. Which is a worrying quality to have in the most powerful man in the world.

I thought I made myself clear. Saying that defending a friend is poor judgement, is poor judgement, especially when there is little to no effect.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

"If I had a son... he would either be a sexual predator or a violent one."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join