It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporter Cancels Asian Woman's Airbnb Stay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The racism isn't just beholden to the worst countries in the world. There are plenty of cases of Airbnb racism in America.

First world problems....my airbnb rental owner was racist to me and it hurt my feelings...LOL!

Yea, being left out in the snow is SUCH a non-problem...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Quick question. How is airbnb promoting racism exactly?

Eh. That is more or less poor verbage. They aren't actually promoting racism.

And your ISP you do pay money to for a service. I would hazard a guess that plenty more bigots and racists use your ISP than use airbnb. Is your ISP promoting racism by allowing racists the ability to spread their hate farther and wider than 20 years ago?

I also only have the singular choice of the one ISP. It's not like I can quit and use a different service if I dislike my ISP's service.

Anywho...Utopia is calling and it's having a hard time understanding all of the laws and rules and regulations around people being free.....

I am not advocating the creation of any new laws, rules, or regulations. Thank you very much.

Wait...huh?

So if the only choice you have is to financially support a racist organization because they are the only one providing a service that you deem necessary, then you're cool with supporting it?

And I'm not sure about the exact real estate laws in CA, but pretty sure nothing can be legally done IF this story were true.

What CAN be done is a suit against this girl if she is either lying or misconstruing what actually happened.

These days I wouldn't put it past anyone in the libtard camp to make up a story like this.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Wait...huh?

So if the only choice you have is to financially support a racist organization because they are the only one providing a service that you deem necessary, then you're cool with supporting it?

We are off track. My ISP isn't a racist organization. You just used flimsy reasoning to try to tie it as one to keep the poor analogy alive that I support the internet despite the internet allowing racists to flourish. This analogy later had the goal posts relocated to talk about my ISP.

And I'm not sure about the exact real estate laws in CA, but pretty sure nothing can be legally done IF this story were true.

Which is another reason why I don't support Air Bnb.

What CAN be done is a suit against this girl if she is either lying or misconstruing what actually happened.

Victim blaming. Classy.

These days I wouldn't put it past anyone in the libtard camp to make up a story like this.

You know I wasn't being political in the least and neither was anyone else. Why do you have to ruin it with this cheap partisan attack?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The racism isn't just beholden to the worst countries in the world. There are plenty of cases of Airbnb racism in America.

First world problems....my airbnb rental owner was racist to me and it hurt my feelings...LOL!

Yea, being left out in the snow is SUCH a non-problem...

Yeah, being left out in the snow after you spring 2 more people on someone, apparently during the most highly sought after time of the season according to her texts, and not having the common sense to have planned a trip earlier and stayed at a place that actually has policies in place for things like this....well....im sure you can fill in the rest.

1. Story is complete BS as none of the "facts" presented by the video line up to truth.

2. Lots of editing in this and obviously one sided...usually screams fake, at least for every UFO video out there...all she needed to do was add a soundtrack with ominous tones, a flash of light in the background and voila....2fer racism by Trump AND UFO sighting!

Tired of idiots like this girl blaming the world for their problems. If this was a true story and this girl sprung 2 extra guests on me 3 miles before she got there...I'd tell her she was out too, or her 2 friends can find somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

1. Story is complete BS as none of the "facts" presented by the video line up to truth.

This is the most ridiculous thing you said in that post. If you are going to pitch a narrative that this girl is being untruthful because of the editing then you CERTAINLY don't know what the truth is to make a statement about the facts not lining up with it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

This reminds me of that other stupid story about the guy who refused to deliver propane to customers that voted for Trump...then got busted for not having a valid license to deliver propane.

Am I to believe he was an indication of Hillary's way of making America great again?

Make America Gassy Again?

WTF?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Wait...huh?

We are off track. My ISP isn't a racist organization. You just used flimsy reasoning to try to tie it as one to keep the poor analogy alive that I support the internet despite the internet allowing racists to flourish. This analogy later had the goal posts relocated to talk about my ISP.

Which is another reason why I don't support Air Bnb.

Victim blaming. Classy.

You know I wasn't being political in the least and neither was anyone else. Why do you have to ruin it with this cheap partisan attack?

Off track How? Airbnb isn't set up as a racist organization either. I was simply pointing out the flaw. We all apparently have to make concessions to allow for racism and bigotry daily based on the very providers for our daily needs not having any say in whether others using those same services are racists or not.

Not supporting airbnb won't do anything...you're talking about real estate law...property owners have certain rights as do religious organizations, yacht clubs, etc....you could set up a housing unit under an organizational structure like religion or belief and discriminate all day long about who you let rent and win every time.

And I don't consider it victim blaming if the victim is either faked, or was too stupid to realize how stupid her actions were....which I don't recall seeing the texts she says she re-sent the lady telling her she could bring more people in her story...

If the story IS something that happened, it appears the lady in the video is not giving us all the info and using typical fake news tactics by highly editing her side of the story to fit the narrative.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I live in Big Bear Lake and the story happened in Running Springs.

The property owner's bias was most likely NOT the basis for turning this woman and her friends away. If it had been, there would have been a lawsuit, not a video. They're trying to get you to make a moral judgment against an individual, in an attempt to bully society in general (hence the spread of this on social media) into complying with a certain viewpoint. It's an emotional appeal designed to get you to react, based on incomplete information.

It is not okay that this woman and her friends attempted to bully a property owner into lowering her prices AFTER agreeing to a contract (and then using a video to shame her afterwards).
It is not okay that this videographer attempted to make it seem like the owner's bias was the basis for a business decision.
And it is definitely not okay that this videographer is attempting to use it as the basis for a conflated political attack.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

But the owner agreed to the two extra guests and said that would be fine she would just have e to pay an extra free. The renter even pointed the texts out to the the owner where she says it would be fine.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapTheGinkels

How did they try to get her to lower her price? If it wasn't about racism why did she bring up the Asian thing? Why did she bring up Trump? I want more facts! Enquiring minds want to know!!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Off track How? Airbnb isn't set up as a racist organization either. I was simply pointing out the flaw. We all apparently have to make concessions to allow for racism and bigotry daily based on the very providers for our daily needs not having any say in whether others using those same services are racists or not.

Not supporting airbnb won't do anything...you're talking about real estate law...property owners have certain rights as do religious organizations, yacht clubs, etc....you could set up a housing unit under an organizational structure like religion or belief and discriminate all day long about who you let rent and win every time.

It's about the principle of the matter. I don't shop at Wal-marts either. I know that not shopping there isn't going to run them out of business but I've made my decision and I stick by it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Its not fair housing. AirBnB is you turning your home into a hotel. Side note: if you charge for a room in your home you hve to remit hotel occupancy tax like anyone else. In Texas, its lodging for the first 30 days, rental after that, meaning you have to evict long term guests who don't pay.

The "Trump supporter" descriptive is pure political smear. Why on earth would who he prefers politically be at all relevant? I never saw that kind of descriptive until this past election. I feel stupid reading it, actually.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Easy. It's a bad business model that promotes unchecked racism.

Settle down. The model is fine. A few bad apples.

AirBnB is a cool thing.

Back in the day and even still today many cabin renters only rent via word of mouth and people one knew. airbnb opens up a lot more places to stay to a lot more people than ever before.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

if you watch the video the owner is the one who brings up "this is why we have trump" pointing to the fact that a certain segment of the population voted for trump because they are sick of so many foreigners. in the video she alludes to the fact that she will not be told what to do by "foreigners".

i still can't make any conclusion because all the facts are not present and we do not have the owners side of the story. if in fact the story plays out as told by the asian woman in the video i do not believe there is any defending the owners actions morally, or even legally depending on the states legal statutes.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
once again the plot thickens, the renter is a law student majoring ironically in race relations....reporters tried to get a comment from the host and got no comment and hung up on, so much for getting her side of the story yet.

www.nbclosangeles.com...

well to play devils advocate you can freeze frame the video and see that in one of the texts it appears that the asian woman is talking in all caps im guessing angered about the cancellation and threatening to report the host to airbnb, perhaps further setting off the host. furthermore after the asian woman tells the host that she is an american citizen the host then replies then act like one with class and dignity not *illegible* buffet. i'm not sure what the host meant by that last comment..

it appears airbnb has banned the host, i'm sure they were able to read all the texts and came to the conclusion that the host was in the wrong.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

i don't think we can get the full story unless we can review all the texts and have the hosts side of the story.
edit on 6-4-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
The full story is that Airbnb found reason to ban the host.
Do you think Airbnb would have banned the host if blank blank blank wasn't true?
And if that host was wrongfully banned by Airbnb, a lawsuit would be in the works I'd say... If not then it's just business as usual in America.

I don't know why people are surprised, nor why they will be when another of such stories finds their way in our 'news feed'

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

edit on 7-4-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
once again the plot thickens, the renter is a law student majoring ironically in race relations....reporters tried to get a comment from the host and got no comment and hung up on, so much for getting her side of the story yet.

www.nbclosangeles.com...

well to play devils advocate you can freeze frame the video and see that in one of the texts it appears that the asian woman is talking in all caps im guessing angered about the cancellation and threatening to report the host to airbnb, perhaps further setting off the host. furthermore after the asian woman tells the host that she is an american citizen the host then replies then act like one with class and dignity not *illegible* buffet. i'm not sure what the host meant by that last comment..

it appears airbnb has banned the host, i'm sure they were able to read all the texts and came to the conclusion that the host was in the wrong.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

i don't think we can get the full story unless we can review all the texts and have the hosts side of the story.

Why would you think that? It's airbnb...because of that video the airbnb location now has to shut down...

I would wager my house that the edited video from that girl is a completely fabricated story with fragments of the real story included.

I would love it if someone had a forum on podcast or whatever, where anyone could debate an individual wanting to become a representative of the people.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

because of the texts, the texts are through the airbnb website. i'm sure airbnb would be able to see the conversation in its entirety and understand the full context thereby coming to the conclusion that the host was indeed being racist and or violated any other airbnb terms and conditions.

the fact that the host declined to comment and hung up on the reporter is somewhat suspect, you would think she would want to clear her name.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join