It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporter Cancels Asian Woman's Airbnb Stay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
airhostsforum.com...

Everyone is losing it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
They had to throw Trump supporter in there, I hate click bait titles.

Really true. It makes me instantly not trust the story.

I call fake, for now.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Dont AirBnB renters have the right to refuse stay under any circumstance? I seem to remember this being a thing, as its not "housing" and not really a business the most they can be done for is saying "NO ASIANS IN MY HOUSE" which, from what I understand a small number of small minded parents tweak to say "NO BLACK MAN WILL DATE MY DAUGHTER" so can they be sued for saying it?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Now that was a funny read. That host is a few fries short of a happy meal.

They don't even realize that not all Trump supporters are so easily compartmentalized.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Take a step back and look at the bigger picture here.

So far as we know, this woman has not filed a criminal complaint, she has not contacted the police, and she has not revealed the name of the renter.

What she has done, though, is make a highly sensational and racially provocative video that is backhandedly connecting discrimination to the current president.

It just stinks to high heavens.

edit on 4/6/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Why sign up dor such a service if your a racist twat?
What a dumb Xenophobic woman.

Also a idiot too as tourism from people outside the USA is a multi billion dollar industry that employers hundreds of thousands of American.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
airhostsforum.com...

Everyone is losing it.

Part Two: Have the words "I'm an Intolerant Liberal" superimposed on your new photograph.

That comment was hilarious.
That Asian-American woman host is a racist bigot disguised as a concerned Liberal.
She is obviously aware of the backlash she would receive if she plainly states that she doesn't want Trump supporters staying there, so she asks other hosts for advice on how to avoid them.
She might as well state in her ad "no whites allowed"
Outrageous.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

that's a good one! wait for it!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You know, HUD tackles things like this furiously. Isn't that getting cut? I'd like to see a little bit more confirmation before I get out and bothered..

'Murica!
edit on 6-4-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Airbnb is ripe with racism like this. It's a known issue with that company. Just google the phrase "Airbnb racism". It isn't pretty.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: typos galore!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
*shrugs* roast them in the review section of the web site...

I always carefully comb through the reviews to see if anything sketchy about the home owner has popped up.

Have not had any problems so far, actually been pretty enjoyable experience using Air BnB.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
You know...this kind of garbage is really getting old. The fact is, there really are racist, bigoted, nasty people out there. There really are people who mistreat other people based on their skin color or religion or ethnicity out of some misguided belief that they are somehow superior. But stories like this only serve to undermine those who are truly being discriminated against even more by making a political mockery of what is a very real issue. Call me cynical but...would the story have even mattered to most people out there if Trump's name wasn't mentioned? I'm thinking not so much. I can't see anything but more political douchebaggery when sob stories are served up with the convenient dropping off names, like this one is. It's just more manipulative bull#, in my opinion. Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Airbnb is ripe with racism like this. It's a known issue with that company. Just google the phrase "Airbnb racism". It isn't pretty.

There are certain ethnicities (and certain one in particular) I would not rent out too due to the greater statistics of criminal damage of property.

Instead of blaming the host maybe that ethnicities community should try and sort out there reputation from crime and damage.
They can’t trash there city’s and community’s and live in squalor without consequences.

edit on 6-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You are a sterling representation of Air Bnb's intolerant reputation. Nice to see that you blame people for actions they have no control over though.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You are a sterling representation of Air Bnb's intolerant reputation. Nice to see that you blame people for actions they have no control over though.

Fine I am intolerant. I am a bigot I am a racist ect. Quite frankly I don’t care. I care more about the welfare of my property and safety than what labels liberals pin on me.

If mathematics say a certain group will more likely cause property damage, then that group is not welcome on my property (with exceptions).

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
YAWN

No yawn, actually its an indication of the types of people who supported Trump - and see him as their way of "Making America White Again".

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It's your house. Do you. I'm just pointing out the problems with Air Bnb and why I don't like their service.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It's your house. Do you. I'm just pointing out the problems with Air Bnb and why I don't like their service.

They rely on volunteers to offer there property’s. They can’t force people to take guests into their private property.

If people refuse to take in certain groups that not the Airbnb fault that is down to society.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

They rely on volunteers to offer there property’s. They can’t force people to take guests into their private property.

Yep. That's exactly how it works.

If people refuse to take in certain groups that not the Airbnb fault that is down to society.

So? I can still choose to stay in a hotel or motel over giving them business.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So? I can still choose to stay in a hotel or motel over giving them business.

Sure you can.

I just don’t see why you are blaming Airbnb for the actions of volunteers. It would be just as wrong for them to use cohesion and force for force people to accept any applicant.

Why blame a company for society’s actions and values?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join