It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporter Cancels Asian Woman's Airbnb Stay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
so an asian woman who rented an airbnb in big bear california had her reservation "allegedly" canceled at the very last minute apparently because the renter did not like asians or foreigners. the renter tries to act like there is another reason for canceling the trip but after the asian woman proves to her that the renter was going back on her word the renter comes flat out and truthfully tells her its because she is asian and that she does not want foreigners telling her what to do and "that is why we have trump." if true this is utterly shocking and flat out bold racism, i would love to hear the renters side of the story. this story seems to be fresh off the presses and i cant seem to find any other verification if this story is true or not. it would be equally disgusting if this story is made up. has anyone else heard about this story or can verify this story?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

if true this is utterly shocking and flat out bold racism

If true, the renter can be sued for violating fair housing discrimination laws, especially if they flat out told this woman that they are discriminating her.

it would be equally disgusting if this story is made up

Agreed.

Based on the mere mention of Trump (according to the victim) by the renter tells me that this story is likely a political hit piece.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
That's pretty crappy. It's not the first time I've heard of things going south using Airbnb. The Asian lady should release the woman's name and have her tried in a court of public opinion. It's cheaper than litigation and gives many people the satisfaction of effing her life and reputation over.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
YAWN

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

so much for due process - huh ?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

What is airbnb?

And is it normal to communicate with them through texting?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Why wait and waste money on due process when societal shaming is so much more effective? Honestly, if you had the text messages proving blatant discrimination would you not use it to eviscerate the woman?

Social media has been weaponized, might as well use it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
If its true, then time to name and shame..let social media do its thing.

That woman is far more American than the racist twat she was dealing with, thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

It's like Uber for a place to stay.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Honestly, if you had the text messages proving blatant discrimination...

When you get a text message, does it tell you the ethnicity of the person who sent it?

***edit - Nevermind, I just noticed the picture icons in the text messages.

edit on 6-4-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

FFS - what planet are you on ???????????

how do you know that the text = authentic ????????????

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I would have to say no. And honestly even if they spoke on the phone, the Asian lady sounds like a normal American girl. I've never used Airbnb, so I don't really know how it works. If the owner of the property only wants to rent to non-asian folks, maybe she should have considered Skyping the prospective renters.

Probably wouldn't get much interest in her property if the description said "NO ASIANS!"

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

You're name and picture appear when communicating on Airbnb the owner would have to know the renters name and info in order to rent it out to them.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I don't know if it's authentic....

For all I know this is some art project sponsored by Shia Labeouf.

Still, if I were the Asian lady, and I knew it was real, I would use those texts to rip the property owner a new ass. It's really that simple.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Oh we had a story like this here in Australia many years ago...

Wait for it

lmao

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Good to know. Is it possible to be "outbid" on a rental or are the prices fixed? It just seems like an almost malicious decision to cancel at the last minute. It is possible the Asian lady is hiding the other side of the story, maybe there was an exchange over the phone. Who knows?

Still, if the Asian lady did nothing wrong, she should damage the property owner.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Funny how the name of the renter isn't mentioned, but the alleged victim wasn't afraid to tell us that the renter was a Trump supporter.

Smells like bull# to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
They had to throw Trump supporter in there, I hate click bait titles.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

If true, the renter can be sued for violating fair housing discrimination laws, especially if they flat out told this woman that they are discriminating her.

That would definitely be the route I would take. She has the e-mail this women sent her indicating she wouldn't rent to her because she was Asian. We'll have to wait and see if this is actually true, or as you said, a hit piece against Trump.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

If you watch the video the owner allegedly says "this is why we have Trump" so if true the owner is the one who brought Trump into this.

I would love to here the owners side of the story. Until we know all the facts I really can't make any other commentary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join