It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one of my neighbors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I live on beautiful little island in the Chesapeake bay but due to it`s fairly remote location not many "normal" people live here,it`s just to far to drive to work if you want a real job.
The population consists of ( in this order)
1) old retired people
2) local, poorly educated, people who were born and raised here and have never gone far from here their whole lives.
3) The dregs and riff raff of society who somehow found their way here and stayed because they have no jobs so they don`t worry about having to drive a long way to work,housing is very cheap which is good because they have no jobs or money,the remote location is perfect for them to hide from the police, their pimps, their dealers who they owe money to etc.
4) local hard working law abiding people.

I couldn`t possible tell you about all my crazy neighbors because it would require writing an entire book, this post is about just one particular crazy neighbor.

The story starts about 5 years ago when the house four house up the road from mine, that was repoed by the bank, was sold and and a young guy and girl moved in. They weren`t married ,a few days later her her divorced parents moved in with them. her father had just retired from a car dealer where he cleaned cars that were traded in so they could be resold. when he retired he had no place to live because while he was working at the car dealer they let him live in an old abandoned camper that was at the back of the car lot property.
Her mother, who lived with her on and off, at her old residence, while she was looking for a new sugar daddy, also had no place to live because her latest sugar daddy kicked her out.
neither of her divorced parents knew that the other one was going to be moving in and living there. after about 3 months the daughter and her boyfriend broke up, so they both moved out and moved back to where they came from, about 200 miles away, and left the 2 divorced parents to live in the house.

The mother is 59 years old now and has never had a job in her life, she is a professional beggar,scammer, gold digger.
The father is now 70 years old and he is an amateur con-man deadbeat, scammer.
The daughter is in her mid to late 20`s, never been married and has 3 kids with 3 different fathers.

shortly after the daughter and her boyfriend bailed out and high tailed it back to where they came from, the father wasn`t able to get his drivers license renewed because the state found out he was working under the table at the car dealer and owed $5,000 in back taxes to the state. The state also put a lien on both of his cars and won`t let him renew the tags. he also owes the IRS $45,000 in back taxes.
so, being down here on a remote island with no license and no car he had to keep the ex wife around to drive him places,even though she left him 12 years ago for another guy and initiated the divorce.
since they can`t afford a car they have "borrowed" an old Honda from their daughter.

The house they live in was bought by the daughters ex boyfriend for $7,800 after sitting empty for many years after the bank repoed it. it was built in 1900,it still has boards over the broken windows and the plywood walls on the back of the house are rotted after having been exposed to the weather for many years because there is no siding on it.

The mother has spent the last 10 years trying to scam disability payments from social security and has been denied everytime even after hiring a lawyer. They told her that since she has never held a job and paid anything into social security she can`t collect any money from social security.
The mother is obese and claims she is disabled because of back problems, she constantly complains that the government isn`t giving her enough free stuff.
the church stopped helping her because they figured out she is a professional lifelong beggar and bum who won`t do anything for herself.
personally I think she is clinically retarded.
she makes a little money by cutting the neighbors grass and driving one of the local drug dealers around to sell drugs,and she gets some food stamps.
Both the mom and dad smoke weed and take prescription pain pills which they have to buy now since all the local doctors stopped prescribing her pain pills because they figured out that she has no problems with her back she was is just addicted to pain pills.They like to drink hard liquor and play the lottery a lot too.

one of the mom`s former sugar daddy`s is a 70 year old diabetic who lives about 100 miles away so both mom and dad drive up there about once a month to beg for stuff from him,food, money etc. For the last 2 years they have been trying to scam him into putting them in his will so they can get stuff when he dies.

They think that they are buying the house that they live in even though it has been sold twice since they moved in and neither of their names are on the mortgage, the tax records, or the deed.i attempted to tell them once that they aren`t buying the house but they are convinced that they are and nothing I could say or show them would convince them otherwise.

He often brags to me that he slept with 3 of his ex wife`s sisters while he was still married to her,that seems to be one of his most proud accomplishments in life.
His get rich scheme is to win the lottery or to wait for his house to finally collapse from termite and water damage so he can collect the insurance money.I didn`t have the heart to destroy his dreams by pointing out to him that insurance doesn`t pay for termite damage or that he might be inside when the house collapses and it crushes him to death.

They are always behind on their bills to the point where they are just one missed payment away from having utilities turned off or being evicted.About 2 years ago they had their electric turned off for 2 months during july and august because they owed over $2,000 for their electric bill, but they stayed in the house for 2 months with no electric, and no water,because the well pump doesn`t run without electric.

He has 4 broken down cars in his yard which he can`t afford to fix, 2 of them have liens against them by the state for back taxes so he can`t sell them or tag them, but he still keeps paying for insurance on them even though neither of them have been legally driven in over 3 years.The other 2 are broken down cars that he bought after the state put liens on his other 2 cars,but he can`t register or tag the 2 that he bought because he owes the state back taxes,and he can`t afford to fix them.Just last week he bought his sisters old broken down Toyota that was last registered in Georgia and which she lost the title for.now he has 5 broken down cars which he can`t afford to fix and which he can`t title, register or sell in his name, because of back taxes owed.

Last year the mom came to our house, about a month after going to Pennsylvania for a week long visit to see relatives, and told my wife that she went to doctor and the doctor told here she had VD but she doesn`t know how she got it because she didn`t have sex with anybody for years so she must have got it from a toilet seat. Imagine a 59 year old woman saying something like that, she has to be retarded.

( to be continued)

edit on 5-4-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
about 1 1/2 years ago he came to our house all excited like he just won the lottery and said his sister in Georgia was going to move in with them because her husband died,she lost the house and both of her kids were drug addicts and she didn`t want to live with them.
he said he hadn`t seen her since he was 15 years old but he didn`t care because he wanted the $600 a month rent he was going to charge her.

what I thought but didn`t say was, what kind of person charges family "rent" in a situation like that?

so, the sister moves in with her 2 dogs and a cat,all of which aren`t allowed outside, and tells him she is only going to pay $500 rent.
all is well and good, like a norman Rockwell painting, for 5 months. Then he or his ex wife are coming to our house almost every day complaining about how his sister has all this money but won`t give them any.
even though they were using his sister car, because they didn`t have one that could be legally driven, they complained that she wouldn`t pay for the gas, and maintenance on the car that she hardly ever drove but that they drove everyday, for doctors appointments to try and scam disability from social security or to drive the local drug dealer around to sell drugs.

They complained that his sister spent her money buying food for her 2 dogs and cat when she could be giving that money to them.They complained when his sister would take a shower or vacuum the house because it used electricity and she could give that money to them instead of the electric company.They complained when his sister bought a vacuum cleaner, which they didn`t have, because she could have given that money to them instead of buying a vacuum cleaner. They complained that his sister was paying too much for her healthcare premiums every month because she could give that money to them.

to make a long story short they have spent the last year bitching about how they don`t want his sister there anymore and bitching about how she won`t give them more money.
2 weeks ago his sister told them she`s moving out april 3rd to go live with another sister in Arlington Virginia because she can`t take living with them anymore.On March 31st she was having chest pains and was taken to the hospital where she had 3 stents inserted and will be released tomorrow. her sister is coming down from Arlington to pick her up.
My wife got to be good friends with his sister while she lived there for the last 1 1/2 years but they didn`t bother to tell us that his sister was in the hospital or what was wrong with her or anything, my wife found out from other neighbors and from calling the hospital and pretending to be her sister so that the hospital would release the info.

The whole point of this long story is that now that I`m getting old I try to be a live and let live kind of person and not judge people and I`m pretty successful at that,but these people are absolute human garbage and have been their whole lives.What I have told you here is just the tip of the iceburg with these people I could write a whole book about these useless eaters.
how does someone live to be 70 years old and not learn a thing about how to be a civilized,productive human being?

This is why in my almost 60 years of life I have learned not to get to familiar with your neighbors because it`s better not to know too much about them, just a simple wave and a hello as you pass by is good enough for me but my wife is too sociable and likes to get too familiar with neighbors.

if the elites see us all the way I see these people I now fully understand why the elites want us all dead.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I live in New Jersey. Your story is tame.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This will be a great movie someday, I can even see certain actors playing them.

If this wasn't so pathetic it'd be pretty funny, I can kind of relate too, I had sorry neighbors across the street from us at our last house, they didn't even begin to try and follow rules, but my neighbors look like angels in comparison to yours.
I can't wait to read the rest, this is really very interesting, at least to me.

I'm really sorry that you have to put up with these types, I really am.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
rest of the story

Must be kind of boring up there like you said. Do you really take the time to watch all this and record every bit of gossip about people around you?

Look to your own backyard. Gossip, slander, libel, hearsay and defamation of character, ever hear of those?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Can you just summarize it as a Jerry Springer topic?

I once lived in a block of townhouses. Neighbors were running a meth lab out of there, had screaming matches at 3AM, stole gas out of our vehicles, and robbed us with guns.

Sounds like you just don't see eye-to-eye with their lifestyle choices.

edit on 5-4-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Tardacus
rest of the story

Must be kind of boring up there like you said. Do you really take the time to watch all this and record every bit of gossip about people around you?

Look to your own backyard. Gossip, slander, libel, hearsay and defamation of character, ever hear of those?

Lol. I was kinda leaning toward the same conclusion. The op knows more about his neighbors than I know about my own family!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's life in a small town. Gossip is always the favorite pastime. Believe it or not, it actually serves a purpose. Science confirms that gossip reinforces social mores, so everyone knows what behavior is considered acceptable. I often wonder if the degeneration of society is related to the growth of cities, where you can screw someone over and never look them in the face again, and go on to screw someone else with no one the wiser.

I grew up in a town of 400 people. There were no secrets for long. The other side of that taken is everyone knows everyone, so the whole town bands together to help people out when they really need it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

My guess is that you have a lot of time on your hands and are a good listener?

I suggest that you take up writing a blog for your area, you know a lot of good stuff.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This is all right from their mouths no gossip or hearsay involved.

The local gossip lives 2 house away, she`s old and a bit crazy,rumor has it that she forces her husband, who is 20 years younger than her, to drive her around the island every evening so she can make notes on a pad about who is at the local bar,who`s car is parked at the local beach after dark etc, but that`s for another story.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

being a parasite on society isn`t really a lifestyle, is it?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

They like to talk about it, they have no shame in telling everyone they meet what they do and how they live.which makes me wonder if this is the kind of stuff they don`t mind telling their neighbors what are they hiding? everyone hides things.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I do have a lot of time I`m retired.
I keep to myself, I work in my yard and work on my cars. When the neighbors see me working in my garage they come and talk, I don`t ask any question of them, I don`t volunteer any personal info, I try to mind my own business. They just keep on talking almost like they think I`m the pope and they are making a confession.

I guess they just assume that I`m as social as my wife is but the truth is, as I told my daughters once, " I didn`t move to the middle of nowhere to be sociable"

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

edit on 5-4-2017 by dreamingawake because: ah NM it too so long to post I couldnt catch the replies to commenty properly.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

you`re right about that when we moved here 21 years ago the locals weren`t very accepting,the only real friend we had for about the first 5 years was retired air force tech sergeant and his family, and he wasn`t real friendly until he found out I was an air force vet too, then he treated us like we were a part of his family.

over the years they have come to accept and even like us, maybe too much, but that`s because my wife is real sociable.

even after being here for 21 years there are still people who don`t believe my wife is really married because they have never meet or even seen me.
I didn`t move to a remote island to be sociable,i moved here to have a little homestead and mind my own business.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

After the posting reply issue, I have to re write that all anyway. More in short now because of seeing the recent replies- I see where you mention you want privacy. To me sounds like they are bringing that harmful family gossip of theirs in and it is, of course, affecting you. Maybe explain when they approach you that you set new boundaries on where you live, can't have neighbors come over unannounced,etc.
edit on 5-4-2017 by dreamingawake because: have to*

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I feel really sorry for his sister. Did she get away alright?

As to them - they sound like terrible people, but look at the hole they've dug for themselves. There really doesn't sound like there's much of a way out of it, especially looking at their ages. She doesn't appear to be too much of a lure for a new sugar daddy, either. I wonder how much longer they can hold out hope for one of those?

Bad as they are, they're doing what they can to keep body and soul together. They need to eat and they need a roof over their heads. They're achieving those things in the only way they know how.

Some people might admire them for surviving. The human spirit triumphing in the face of adversity...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

you`re right about that everyone on the island knows everything about everyone else it seems. I grew up in a middle class suburb outside Baltimore, we didn`t even know who lived in the houses on the next block.

it`s not just people either, when an unfamiliar vehicle is seen on the island the phone lines light up.

" did you see that black 2008 suburban?" " who was that?!!!!"

" jimmy lee drives a black 2008 suburban"

" that wasn`t jimmy lee, jimmy lee`s suburban has a scuff mark on the left rear bumper where he backed into bubba jone`s boat trailer back in 2010"

I ask my wife, " who was on the phone?" and she tells me this stuff and I`m like, " oh, a car went by?"

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Thanks for making me feel better about my little sh!t town and immigrant neighbors.

I know of many people like what you have there, but they mostly live in Central Texas.

Still, I dislike parasites. I'll help anybody once, and if there is no progress after that, they are on their own.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

His sister doesn`t get released from the hospital until tomorrow and the other sister from Arlington is coming down to get her.

I`m not a total ass, even knowing what I know about them,and even though I despise human parasites like them, I go by their house once a week and pick up their trash and take it to the dump because they can`t afford or won`t pay the $50 a year fee for a dump permit.
when their lawn mower stops working I go up there and diagnose the problem and buy parts and fix it for them.

I was young and poor once,my wife and I lived in an old 1968 firebird for a few weeks, we`ve lived in run down hotels for months, but we never stopped trying to improve our situation.I was in the air force, I went college I worked lots of #ty jobs and now that we are almost 60 years old we have a home that`s paid for no mortgage, we have 2 vehicles that are paid for we have no credit card debt we have been retired for 5 years.

These people have never tried to be honest citizens, she has never had a job, he spent many years working and cheating on his taxes,so even as young people they were social parasites and now as old people they are even worse social parasites.

so, why do things for them and enable them to continue to be parasites? I don`t know but I think it has to do with building good karma for myself and I`ve never walked a mile in their shoes. maybe they are doing the best that they are mentally able to do.obviously they see nothing morally wrong with doing the things they have done and continue to do otherwise they wouldn`t be going around telling everyone about it, maybe they think that they are normal?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join