It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump extends an olive branch to Iran as Boeing signs 3 billion deal with Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
I love all people. But extending an olive branch to the Iranian government must mean that they also do the same. If they don't, this is wrong. Note the word "government". The people may be generous, but the government is an enemy for now.

You mean like a 3 billion dollar olive branch?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Bad things are going to happen in the Middle East in the next decade.

Thankfully that is a new phenomenon. I mean if there was some kind of pattern or something, it would be rather apparent right?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: allsee4eye

Should be interesting to watch seeing

Iran on Sunday sanctioned what it described as 15 American companies, alleging they support terrorism, repression and Israel's occupation of land Palestinians want for a future state, likely in retaliation for sanctions earlier announced by the U.S. The wide-ranging list from an American real estate company to a major arms manufacturer appeared more symbolic than anything else as the firms weren't immediately known to be doing business anywhere in the Islamic Republic. A Foreign Ministry statement carried by the state-run IRNA news agency said the sanctions barred companies from any agreements with Iranian firms and that former and current directors would not be eligible for visas. It also said any of the company's assets in Iran could be seized.
abcnews.go.com...

Yeah but...

"Boeing has announced that its IranAir contract is worth $16.6 billion. However, considering the nature of our order and its choice possibilities, the purchase contract for 80 Boeing aircraft is worth about 50 percent of that amount," said Deputy Transport Minister Asghar Fakhrieh-Kashan, quoted by Iran's IRNA state news agency.

A Boeing spokesman in Dubai was not available to comment. Airbus's (AIR.PA) contract to sell 100 jets to IranAir, signed on Thursday, would be worth $18-$20 billion at list prices, but the head of IranAir has been quoted as saying the value of the contract would not exceed $10 billion.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

That's not really how it works. But, by now, we know Trump serves his corporate masters. The only reason he is POTUS.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I didn't like Obama doing it and I don't like trump doing it.
Bad things are going to happen in the Middle East in the next decade.

There have been bad things happening in the ME for a long time, got worse around 2001-2003 and will continue until the leaders grow up and learn how to get along, or there is nothing left to fight over.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Iran is still flying US built aircraft, both military and civilian. They haven't been able to get spare parts since about 1981 or so, and are still flying them, and not listening to us.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Our government tells our military personnel to look the other way when they see child rape, and other unacceptable things because it is just their culture,
Then when people from the ME come here, they are not told to follow our culture, but instead , they do what they want and again we are told that they don't know better.
That is what I can't wrap my head around.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They seem pretty have a well developed engineering industry, no shortage of raw material, and educated people. Perhaps they make their own spare parts??

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They do, with some parts. For several of the fighters they reworked them to accept Russian parts that were similar. They've essentially rebuilt their F-14s into a hybrid Russian/American fighter. The Navy ordered all F-14s not at museums destroyed, and all of them at museums had to be gone over and certified to have no usable parts left installed.

It always drives me nuts to see people denigrating the Iranian military and their indigenous designs. They have some damn good engineers and have done a hell of a job keeping their aircraft flying with no real support.
edit on 4/6/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join