It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge, pay attention announcement still coming. Sit tight - a few more weeks!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Trafalmadorians are not exactly a new thing.

Though the idea does a good job of removing the notion of personal responsibility.

Damn it Phage you're back. Making me have to go and google words.

True, it's not new. I'm just suggesting this is the "new" emphasis. And how the great "disclosure" (read: deception) would be used to explain them. If in fact, disclosure is days or weeks away.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

No i get the point, personally i imagine beings of an extra dimensional nature(Take it thats what you mean if they exist outwith our perception of liner time) to be far more probable than those of the extra terrestrial variety given the vast distances between the stars and the energy it would require to travel between them.

Sounds like the Aliens from the movie Arrival really.

Jacques Vallée would probobly agree all the same, but the proof remains allusive.

As do I or any other critical thinker. Read Phages post....it goes a long way....

It doesn't make it True. Which is why I lean towards deception.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yeh i did read it, had to Google Trafalmadorians as well, interesting little hypothetical critters.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I've always struggled to accept the notion that human abstractions nullify what they represent simply because they are human abstractions.

In other words, what we understand as time may be limited, but its far too easy to jump to the other extreme and state that because of our nature, all of our abstractions represent little more than vapor. I see this as a counter culture phenomena that exists in direct opposition to the concept that the human experience drives and defines the behavior of the universe.

If we look at, say, the relative movement between two objects we see a mechanism that exists outside of the human spectrum even if our exploration pulls it inevitably within.

I saw someone mention that DeLonge is "riding this wave," and I think that's kind of the idea. I think he, and others involved, are trying to build a new empire. Given his contacts, I expect there will be some fascinating aspects to the "story," but there are so, so many red flags when one attempts to consume it as suggested.

Personally, I've found the offerings up to this point pretty entertaining and I look forward to what comes next. But, if they are attempting to build a new, more "proper and accurate" narrative around the subject.. they seem far too embedded in the old one to truly succeed.

Its a subtle thing, and when a group of individuals operate on the premise that they are immune to these things because they have the real story.. well.. there's no quicker or more effective way to make certain the ties to the old narrative are never examined to make the cut. The foundations of such behaviors, like hypocrisy, are generally seen as shallow but they are deep, man. Better to think of it as a pathogen than whether or not one has a certain book in their collection.

Now, as pure entertainment, that's all pretty irrelevant. I think there is some cool stuff here, and some potential for a really neat story.

My only criticisms in that respect would be that the pacing for releases and PR engagements seems a bit off. And, if they ARE going to do marketing, like the AMA here on ATS, they should make sure they have the time, resources, and correct people to properly spur interest.

The goal there should be to expand the potential audience, rather than preaching to the choir. That requires some research, knowing your audience, and not having the spokesperson act like the interaction is an inconvenience and a waste of time. Because, then, plenty of potential customers will begin to see it exactly the same way.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

TDL needs to hurry up. He knows all of lifes answers but he is not telling us. I like blink but hes about to turn me into a flat-earther with all his "i know everything" crap. Either tell us reptilians are about to destroy our planet with a death-star or shut up. He doesnt understand human attention span apparantly. But he knows everything else

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This better not be some kind of Darren Brown style "i made a string of predictions over 60 days that came true but i waited until the end to show you the results" , confidence trick.
edit on 5-4-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Imagine being two dimensional in space-time.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It seems he is taking DeLong route in disclosing anything.

maybe he has a new picture of a moth?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'd buy that for a dollar.

If only I had a dollar.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sure it is. Hes just cashing in. No chance at all he has anything beyond his own opinions.

And everyone has opinions.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

spot on! people are tired waiting for this and that to happen here, whereas the majority are oblivious to anything about to happen, and that may be best, i think the world has changed so much after the second world war, theres been a constant flow in technological advancement and as of the last 10 years that flow is getting faster and faster, yet many of us are still on the same psychological level, due to belief systems and media conditioning, i believe Toms "peoples" goal is in looking to end religions and to bring people together to start a new religion and to make the people aware of a common enemy,
that may or may not be of this world, or may well not even exist yet, but with the collective conscious in fear of a thing, that thing could transpire, of course Tom would just be a very small part of this plan, and to me he is doing very well in his part, thus far, people doubting him, others not sure, and more thinking hes a total disinfo agent.

it is exciting stuff, especially since there already has been a number of recent exciting discoveries, like exo planets, graphene water filter, and even an alien finder developed by caltech, that is expected to detect things in the atmosphere in alien worlds.
so Toms announcement for me has to eclipse those 3 for a start...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

This WP article is quite Good at summing it up....www.washingtonpost.com... /?utm_&utm_term=.b3e1a00ac847

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

I find it hard to believe that anybody who read DeLonge's AMA here has any expectations from him, because my read of it told me to expect nothing.

100% CORRECT probably the worst AMA ever on here

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Just spit it out DeLonge ya arse!

If we can handle Brexit, Trump, Syria and ISIS, we can handle the existence of aliens.

I bet humanity would not even blink really, all that would happen is that some idiots going to wonder what they taste like and Trumps going to want to build a wall around where ever they land.

I will blink 182 times if it's anything worthwhile

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I will blink 182 times if it's anything worthwhile

You know, of course, that you will need to provide high resolution video of this, or it didn't happen :-D

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ive heard enough tongue in cheek remarks from people I trust to believe that any form of ET disclosure is going to be staged. Maybe its about time to see what 50+ years of top secret research has yielded?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thanks what I found interesting was this.
Have there not been a number of people who said an alien invasion would be faked in order to have a world government?

DeLonge’s view was not completely dour, however. Far from it. He said that exposing the phenomenon as a malevolent extraterrestrial influence would persuade humans around the world to cooperate. He likened current global conflicts to someone incorrectly fighting a fire.

TDL could just be a popular hype man for this agenda
edit on 6-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What puzzles me lately about DeLonge is that he claims to have been chosen by these secret powers to help lead a new disclosure effort aimed particularly at young people. Yet I am constantly seeing posts on DeLonge threads (and his Instagram) either from Blink-182 fans who have absolutely no idea what he is up to with UFOs and want to bug him about rejoining Blink-182 or people who have no idea who DeLonge really is. How successful can this operation be if his old fans don't give a crap about UFOs and many young millennials and Boomers never heard of the guy. This Disclosure movement is hardly taking the world by storm. Perhaps Kanye West would have been a better (and certainly more amusing) surrogate.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I am 100% certain I won't have to provide that video

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
yawn, wake me up when the aliens get here.

Wake me up!! before they go go! cause im not planning on going solo...

The Guy is going to announce he is getting the band back together but with less blues,and less nazis chasing them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join